Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Tanabe Gf210s photos, questions, answers

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
yeah when u go bigger wheels, ur gonna see a better drop and let the springs settle (about a month). It'll look like this (cell phone pic)......

those are 16 x 7 konig heliums. It looks much better when the springs settle. Oh btw the pic in my sig is a photoshop drop.

Old 05-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Great,, I kept reading about these springs settling. I forgot about that. I guess over time my car will get a little bit lower. Nice thing is, the drop is even all around.. I should be working on getting my wheels soon.. I can't wait

Old 05-05-2007, 10:12 PM
nice. I have these on my ride too. have then in for about 2 weeks now.. I have 1 1/2 in gap all around. running 16" rims.. not bad at all. I love mine.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:52 AM
5 Year Member
kevin, yours are DF210's right?
I dont know if im going with these GF since i want a noticeable drop, althought dont want a really noticeable one.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
If I had to do it over again,, I would have probably gone with the DF210s. The drop is only noticed by the Fit owner. My friends asked me,, Didn't you lower your car? I said yes. They said they can't tell. Only a few people noticed.

So I might ride on these for a while and get me a set of DF210s in a couple of months. I kinda wanna do it now!!

No pics yet,, weather has been crappy...

Old 05-07-2007, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
wat r u running on ur springs? tire size and rim size?

Old 05-07-2007, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
please hold up a little bit tomi, to see if they settle in and get lower since I want to get them cuz many people are telling me they have the nicest feel with em for aftermarket springs.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I am.. I'll let it settle for a couple of months. Maybe it's just the illusion of the stock tire and wheels.

I bet it'll look better when I get a set of 16s

Old 05-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I'll tell you all the crappy part of the install so you won't go through it.

Don't let the front rotor fall down. Like other guys have said, prop it up with something. I used the scissor jack that the car came with to slowly raise and lower the rotor. I totally got excited about lowering the car and forgot to prop it up, the damn thing fell and the axle popped out.

If it does pop out, let it sit without proping it up. Rotate the rotate the rotor itself while pushing the whole assembly towards the tranny. It should pop right back once you get it aligned right. Took me about 5 minutes and few laughs.

The front struts have a sway bar. The sway bar has another bar that connects to the strut itself. When you put everything back together, you'll have to jack the whole axle up. I used the scissor jack, and lowered the hydraulic jack to get the bolt on the sway bar, BAR, to line up with its hole. That was the tricky part.

The rears you definetly need another person to help. Just get them to step on it while you pull out the spring and reinstall the tanabe spring. Should only take you about 5 minutes max for each side on the rear.

The fronts I used a spring compressor. The rears I didn't.

Make sure you use the supplied plastic loopy thing for the springs. It helps the noise. They didn't supply enough so I didn't have one coil wrapped on the driver's side. Sometimes I can hear a little popping sound, but it's just the springs working.

Oh, I didn't cut my bump stops. Didn't have anything on me to cut it at the time. I should've but I didn't. So far, it's been running just fine!

Good Luck!

Old 05-08-2007, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
ditto. exactly what tomigunz said. They didnt supply enough of the coil stuff (like the instructions show) so i did with what i had and i havn't heard any noises whatsoever.

for the fronts, i didn't use a spring compressor. I just put the whole spring assembly in grass, stepped on the spring part while using a socket to unscrew it. When it came near the end, i got ready for it 2 pop (thinking it was going to shoot 10 feet in either direction) but it moved like 1 inch lol. If u don't know what the hell im talkin about, check out the GIF below of an 04 civic spring removal:

this is the way i did it, but i did it in grass so NOTHING flew or jumped or anything. U don't need a spring compressor to put the new springs on cuz they are shorter then the stock springs. If you wnated to put the stock springs back on tho, your gonna need a spring compressor.

Last edited by koolkevin1107; 05-08-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Hey if I go with 15 inch wheels should I get the DF210's? They have the lowest drop, 1.8, and 1.3. Or should I stay with the GF210's with 1.5 and 0.9? I will be autocrossing to so I don't know if the DF210's will be too low.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:36 PM
I saw stay w/ the GF's since it's more geared towards performance. The DF's are more for looks IMO

Old 05-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Just ordered some Tanabe GF210's! Can't wait to get them on!

Old 05-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
They will look good man..

Good luck with the install!

Old 06-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Just got my GF210's on last night and man does it look good! Handles good too! I don't know what everyone is complaining about that it doesn't sit low enough? If you want the car to be slammed and have no performance then get the DF210's. The GF210's are about performance. I am going to stay with 15 inch wheels also. The rears were a piece of cake and the fronts were not that bad at all. I didn't use a spring compressor either. I wonder if the springs will be enough to perform better in the SCCA events with the stock tires?

Old 06-10-2007, 02:04 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I don't like the stock tires. They don't grip good. The Hankook RS2 tires I have are great. I would swap out your stock tires for Azenis. =)

Glad to hear you're liking your GF210s. I decided I'm gonna keep mine after all. I guess I'm used to it now. It damn sure does look good though.hehe

Old 06-10-2007, 12:00 PM
tanabe gf210 or df210

I have been reading the differences on the springs and decided to order the gf's instead of the df's. I am keeping the factory 15 inch wheels on the car and hope that i made the correct choice. I want to notice a difference in the stance of the car but still keep the quality of ride good for everyday driving. I hope i made the right choice. Right choice or not?

Old 06-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by korky
I have been reading the differences on the springs and decided to order the gf's instead of the df's. I am keeping the factory 15 inch wheels on the car and hope that i made the correct choice. I want to notice a difference in the stance of the car but still keep the quality of ride good for everyday driving. I hope i made the right choice. Right choice or not?
Do you want just looks and to slam it or do you want to drop it just a little bit and have performance out of it? Those are the options you have consider. I have the GF210's on mine with the stock 15 inch wheels and it looks good. I am using my fit for auto crossing too. The DF210's are more for just looks.

Old 06-10-2007, 12:46 PM
I'll post some pics later.

Old 06-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by TomiGunz
I don't like the stock tires. They don't grip good. The Hankook RS2 tires I have are great. I would swap out your stock tires for Azenis. =)

Glad to hear you're liking your GF210s. I decided I'm gonna keep mine after all. I guess I'm used to it now. It damn sure does look good though.hehe
As far as tires go, I am giong with the BFGoodrich g-force sport tires.

Quick Reply: Tanabe Gf210s photos, questions, answers