Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Progress Auto Rear Anti-Sway bar! WITH DIY PHOTOS PAGE 5!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
Ahhhhh YEAH! you got the same info as me. I spoke to joey a couple of days ago. Can't wait bro!

Old 03-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by leonine
Ahhhhh YEAH! you got the same info as me. I spoke to joey a couple of days ago. Can't wait bro!
Since you did it too, now I don't feel quite so silly about calling Joey early, just to be sure that no delays have come up. With so many scams and complete crap in the automotive parts market, I really believe that this part will work as promised, and the price is actually a bargain compared to other brands of conventional sway bars.

I just hope that you don't have any surprise snow or ice storms show up the day before you mount YOUR bar. Thanks AGAIN for introducing all of us to this vendor.

Dave

Old 03-07-2007, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
weather seems to be warming up so hopefully all will go well. I'll do the install at work on my lunch hour.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:51 AM
I've been talking to Joey at Progress also. He told me they have Fit coil-overs in development that should be available for a mid summer release. They also took a Fit to the Redline Time Attack for testing and managed a 2nd place in the FWD Street class.

Can't wait to see what they come up with. Thought I would share...

Old 03-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by pingpop
I've been talking to Joey at Progress also. He told me they have Fit coil-overs in development that should be available for a mid summer release. They also took a Fit to the Redline Time Attack for testing and managed a 2nd place in the FWD Street class.

Can't wait to see what they come up with. Thought I would share...

That is the Fit they put the K20 in! I didn't know they were racing it.
Sounds like it did pretty well then. K swapped Fit Information - K20 to K24

Old 03-12-2007, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
who has received their bar? looks like ive been #5 on the list and my status on the progress site still says "pending". Any reviews for those that have installed it yet?

Old 03-13-2007, 05:40 AM
5 Year Member
nobody has gotten it yet. hopefully in a week or so.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Got an e-mail today, looks like the leaves are starting to rustle...

Old 03-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by none
Got an e-mail today, looks like the leaves are starting to rustle...
Who sent the e-mail and what did it say?

Old 03-13-2007, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
swaybar is on the way. UPS notified me. Sweet!

Old 03-13-2007, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
package weighs 14 lbs. Figure the box isat least 2-3 maybe more with foam/bubblewrap. Good thing i got my braille battery to offset the weight.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Banned
Mine Shipped- I'll Bet Yours Did Too!

I guess the e-mail that "none" was talking about is like the one I received from Progress- a UPS tracking number that says that my bar will be delivered on the 15th.! It shipped a week early!

(Sorry leonine, yours will probably take until next week to arrive).

Last edited by manxman; 03-13-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Yes, sorry to be so criptic. Mine is shipped.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Does anyone know what springs or what suspension the car is running in the pictures? Im ready to get rid of my Vogtland springs, and I have had Progress springs on my last 2 cars, and wouldnt mind having them on the Fit.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
whoo hoo! just got an email... or 3 today as well stating that the bar has been shipped and will arrive on the 15th. Great Stuff. not time to order the other bars.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman

I guess the e-mail that "none" was talking about is like the one I received from Progress- a UPS tracking number that says that my bar will be delivered on the 15th.! It shipped a week early!

(Sorry leonine, yours will probably take until next week to arrive).
Yeah mine is coming the 19th

Guess i will get to hear your reviews first!

Old 03-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by CASTRO
whoo hoo! just got an email... or 3 today as well stating that the bar has been shipped and will arrive on the 15th. Great Stuff. not time to order the other bars.
Congratulations, neighbor! It looks like the rear springs will have to come out so that the bar mounting bolts can be put through the holes under the spring pads. For anyone else who has new rear springs waiting to go in and a Progress bar on the way, you can knock off both jobs at the same time.

Castro- I ordered and installed an A-Spec front strut tower bar while waiting for the Progress product to ship simply because the strut bar was inexpensive and comes from SoCal also. Thought that it might be a good thing to balance the anti-roll behavior to come from the Progress bar with whatever help the strut bar might give. But, I think that the Tanabe front bar might be a better product, just have not been able to get any further info. on the Tanabe bar from Tanabe, or their dealers, or one of our members who has the Tanabe bar on the way to him. Same price range for Tanabe and A-Spec. A-Spec's fasteners are poor quality.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
It looks like the rear springs will have to come out so that the bar mounting bolts can be put through the holes under the spring pads.
I noticed that too when i was swapping out my winter rims/and tires last week. That sucks. Being that the pics show the nut on the bottom (which is wider than the head of the bolt) i wonder if taking the springs out is necessary? I hope not because i was planning to bolt this up easily.

If part of the head of the bolt is covering the spring pad it shouldn't cause any harm i think...right?

Old 03-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by leonine
I noticed that too when i was swapping out my winter rims/and tires last week. That sucks. Being that the pics show the nut on the bottom (which is wider than the head of the bolt) i wonder if taking the springs out is necessary? I hope not because i was planning to bolt this up easily.

If part of the head of the bolt is covering the spring pad it shouldn't cause any harm i think...right?
I'm just guessing from the Progress photos. My bet is that the bolts have flat heads that rest directly under the bottom spring pads. I doubt that the bolt heads rest on top of the pads, and also doubt that getting a wrench (maybe an allen?) on the bolt heads through the springs will work. Since the bar and nuts are under the axle beam, I think that the torque specs. will be pretty high in order to keep fasteners and bar from vibrating loose and falling off.

Obviously all of this should be spelled out in the instruction sheet. But some mfgrs. don't supply instructions, like A Spec, with their front strut bars.

It would be nice if my guesses are wrong and mounting the Progress bar is a 15 minute job, but we'll see.

Dave

Old 03-14-2007, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
yeah let me know how it goes.

Quick Reply: Progress Auto Rear Anti-Sway bar! WITH DIY PHOTOS PAGE 5!