Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Brake Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Retired Moderator

Old 02-04-2007, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
i was thinking of going with mugen rotors and pads but now that i saw that link i might go with the 11" 4piston setup.

Thanks for posting the link and the information.

Old 02-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Thumbs up FastBrakes.com

:thumbsup: to Brian at FastBrake Enterprises, LLC - Intro

He helped me out with my rear big brake brake upgrade on my '99 Si.
Made a huge differnece for my style of driving!
I'll be sure to hit him up again for any of my Fit brake upgrades.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 03DSM-RSX
i do own a Fit. Knowledge comes from experience. Just b/c i dont mod the Fit, doesnt mean i dont know jack shit. I worked on other ppl's cars as well, low end to high end. not just my own. i may use examples from mine b/c its one platform that i've pretty much touched it in every nook and cranny. Hey, i put in my bro's TRD supercharger in his tC. OMG thats 2 cars!!!11one!! I did not pronounce all of whatever. YOU requested me to be specific of MY experience, so think that i'm FLAUNTING b/c i do know better. So yes, i made a statement, AND i was prepared to back it up. Not used to it? FUK YOU MR. PWNED-BY-A-NOOBIE.

Brakes is a GENERAL topic. All brakes work the same way. "Dubious statements" my ass. All of what i said holds true, even YOU proved me right. Pulling the "NOOB" card is weaksauce. i guess post counts=size of e-dick right?? If so, i have 9k+ posts on another Honda forum. w00ptie d00!!

I called YOU out on it b/c your original post is WRONG. i proved you wrong, you proved me right, in attempts to prove me wrong. Are you pissed off b/c you were owned by a n00b? You STILL cant hold your to your own statements in trying to disprove me. If its not one thing, you ask another. You try to cover it up and say "its noob bait". yeah, right!

The bait? If you spreading misinformation INTENTIONALLY is bait then i'll gladly eat the bait and eat you along with it.

Theres nothing much different about a Fit/Jazz/RSX for that matter. They all work similarly. I dont see how a RSX's brake system is superior/inferior to the Fit. Engine dynamics/managment all work the same way. Theres nothing "special" about the Fit/RSX.

EVERYONE here can already see who the asshat is. ALL THE FACTS of what i said on this forum pertains to ANY car. If one thing was specific only to the RSX, i would not be advising anything on it. Theres assumptions, and there are things that hold true. I know the difference. I done on this thread. The facts are up, Claymore clearly supports it. /thread

Although i do believe that you're a stand-up person in reality. If we were to meet in person, surely we'd shake hands.

Have a nice day!

I'm with RSX on the ongoing brake debate. Own myself another fully modded car along with the brake system and base my beliefs on actual road race open track events. With the knowledge I've gained as well as the facts that RSX has posted up, I plan to go mod my Fit in a similar fashion as my other ride.

Bottom line for this thread and based on my future brake plans for road racing my Fit: for 5-6+hrs of punishing stops, --> Solid rotors, larger diameter for more caliper leverage and upgraded pads or brake fluid.

Daily driving: stock sized rotors are fine as larger diameter slows down acceleration. Just bump up the pads and get slotted discs if needed, but not necessary. Quality drilled rotors are nice, but I like the re usability of a quality brembo solid disc. (great price too!)

Old 02-15-2007, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
I emailed brembo, they said there is a BBK in the works.
They are hoping to have it out in the Fall.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by 03DSM-RSX
you really need to do some research before you post. read up stoptech.com

Drilled rotors do not crack under normal conditions. its the people who road race and constantly heat up the brakes to the extremes of the sport. i bought some ebay drilled and slotted rotors for my car, been holding up just fine to my stopngo all city driving.

for daily driving, the rotor will not crack (assuming you buy a quality rotor in the first place.) fastbrakes.com is a legit site and dealer.

i'm sure most of you know, drilled slotted rotors, ss lines, bigger rotors generally do not help braking ability. they are mostly for cosmetics. -drilled/slotted-keeps pad cleaner and cools better, but CANNOT be resurfaced and reused after several pad changes. this is bad b/c deposits from old pads do not let the break-in compounds of the new pads to properly burn off on the rotors. so you'll end up replacing rotors every year or so. also, do not road race with drilled rotors.
-bigger rotors-increase surface area, BUT adds unsprung weight and counteracts benefit of bigger surface area.
-ss lines-more for pedal feel, if u're concerned with brake fade, get ATE blue brake fluid or Motul RBF600 Dot4.

if you really want added braking ability setup, you have 2 options.
-OEM blank rotors and better brake pads. SS lines and ATE/Motul fluid are extras. Hawk HPS and Axxis Ultimate pads are the best for daily. Axxis outperforms Hawk a bit but gets REAL dusty.
-Wilwood brake setup-bigger rotors, BUT aluminum center hat so less unsprung weight vs. weight of bigger solid rotors and even OEM rotors. 4 piston calipers, and all the benefits and cosmetics.

StopTech is the proven BEST aftermarket brake setup thats cheaper than Brembos. but at the moment, i dont think they have a kit for the Fit.
Good advice,
My two cents... brakes are usually designed to accomodate the limits of the stock tires. Go too far and you will lock up those stock tires earlier and more frequently. Upgrade tires if you get bigger brakes. Also, an alternative to drilled/slotted rotors is brake ducting which can be made cheaply and easily from Home Depot .

Leave the fronts alone and save up some money and get the T1R rear disc brake conversion (all OEM parts except the pads). Yes most of the braking is from the front, but it will give
1. Shorter braking distance
2. More even: giving more braking power to the rear causing less wear and tear on the fronts and better stopping power.
3. More stable: reduces rear to front momentum transfer too (less nose dive)].

Pads...factory pads these days are generally really good. If you upgrade, for the street, steer clear of pads with high initial bite and too much grip (CarboTech XP9s and above, EBC reds etc...). Higher chance of locking up the tires. Brand, up to you. Are Performance Friction Carbon (PFC) metallics available for Fit? I liked those on the street.

SS lines do help. They do not expand w/ heat giving you more consistent braking, not just pedal feel. Also, they help to eliminate the pulsating of ABS. Not really needed if only doing daily driving.

Upgrading the brake fluid is fine and its pretty cheap. You will only need better fluid if you road race the car. Daily driving braking will not produce enough heat to cause the fluid to boil and become water. I agree with Motul and ATE, super duper fluids.

And i'm spent...