Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Anyone Worried about Factory Warranty Issues with Lowering?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone Worried about Factory Warranty Issues with Lowering?

Well, My girls fit has wheels and tires But I want to get rid of the gap. I want to lower it maybe 1.5"

Has anyone had any issues with Honda because of being lowered. Her's is the Fit Sport w/ the sport shift Automatic. She opted for the extended 7 year warranty.

I just don't want something to happen to the tranny and have Honda Blame it on it being lowered.

Let me know.

Any info would help.

Thanks

Old 12-03-2006, 11:32 PM
^I don't think they can blame springs for a tranny problem and if something does happen to the car you can always take off the aftermarket springs and put on the stock ones. hehehe

Old 12-03-2006, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
it wont void warranty unless they can prove that the springs did the damage to w/e i think

Old 12-05-2006, 07:40 AM
Cause and Effect have to be proven scientifically...spring swaps are the least of your worries. But avoid decals.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:19 AM
5 Year Member
I just noticed that my stock rear shocks are now leaking after riding around on Skunk2 lowering springs for several months now.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by geeq
I just don't want something to happen to the tranny and have Honda Blame it on it being lowered.
There has to be a provable cause-effect of an aftermarket part to void your warranty.

So, while the coverage of your suspension is obviously void, your tranny would remain intact. A turbo would void your driveline, but leave your suspension... etc...

Click here for more info ;p

-j

Old 12-05-2006, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by joe d
There has to be a provable cause-effect of an aftermarket part to void your warranty.

So, while the coverage of your suspension is obviously void, your tranny would remain intact. A turbo would void your driveline, but leave your suspension... etc...

Click here for more info ;p

-j

Thanks, I will now order some Tanabe GF210's for the fit.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Wave
I just noticed that my stock rear shocks are now leaking after riding around on Skunk2 lowering springs for several months now.
damn you have a blown shocks, i was gonna get skunk2 springs today but now that you say it blows outs shocks, i think ill get some springs that are progressive in the rear

Old 12-12-2006, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by quangalang
damn you have a blown shocks, i was gonna get skunk2 springs today but now that you say it blows outs shocks, i think ill get some springs that are progressive in the rear
ANY brand of lowering spring with stock shocks and struts will accelerate wear faster not just Skunk2

Keep in mind I drive on NYC roads and highways - not exactly the smoothest out there.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Lowering is sexy-cool and gets the fagotty overtones out of any vehicle giving it a more aggressive look. However..., one must realize and take mental note of the area in which they commute or drive in-general.

I now understand why certain parts of NYC, Buffalo and my Michigan relatives drive plush 4X4's out of necessity from the shitty infrastructure comparable to Iraq. No diss at all to my southern border peeps.

I pretty much live in a better municipality, city, region and country where the roads are like the Bonneville Salt Flats. However, the occasional heavy snowfall prevents me from going super low and I will choose not to budget for coilovers.

Oem struts/shocks will wear out faster in-general; depending on your average load, road conditions, driving style. To which degree and how fast they will wear out is subjective, but it will be sooner with lowering springs. I got lucky with my Mazda Protege 5 getting 65K on Oem struts/shocks.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Wave
ANY brand of lowering spring with stock shocks and struts will accelerate wear faster not just Skunk2

Keep in mind I drive on NYC roads and highways - not exactly the smoothest out there.
yeah i know that lowering a car will make your shocks blow faster but the skunk2 front springs are progressive and rear springs are linear and all the other brands are progressive front and rear. the only reason why i was interested in the skunk2 springs was the cheaper price

Old 12-12-2006, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by quangalang
yeah i know that lowering a car will make your shocks blow faster but the skunk2 front springs are progressive and rear springs are linear and all the other brands are progressive front and rear. the only reason why i was interested in the skunk2 springs was the cheaper price
If you want, once I get my T1R coilovers installed you can buy my skunk2's on the cheap...