Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Eibach Pro springs installed...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by smeister
I guess I'll just grab a spring compressor to be safe.

I looked at the HOWTO install springs for the Fit and the rears will be a joke to put in. I guess 5 minutes is really about how much time it will take to pop the old one out and the new one in.
The rears took me a bit more than 5 minutes since I was having a hard time realigning the lower rubber isolator pin into the lower arm.

Still a joke to lower these cars.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
Could any one point me in the right direction, I received my Eibach pro kit spring today and I was looking over the installation instruction it showed that the bump stop front and rear should be cut 1''. this was the first that I hear of this after reading all your post. Shoud I do this step?

Old 02-26-2007, 04:36 PM
I can't remember if I cut mine in the front. Rears, I didn't cut, that's for sure. Does it clearly say to cut them for the Fit? Sometimes those sheets are for multiple cars.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
Yes the instructions clearly show front and rear bump stop and the sheet is for Honda Fit specefic. I do intend to cut the front one but are debating for the rear.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitoromocto
Yes the instructions clearly show front and rear bump stop and the sheet is for Honda Fit specefic. I do intend to cut the front one but are debating for the rear.
What wheel/tire combo and wheel offset are you running? If you are running +44mm offset and up, you should not have any problem with tires rubbing the fenders.

OK to follow the instructions and cut both front and rear bump stops by 1" as per instruction.

Good luck and post photos when you are done with the mod.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by b17gsr
I can't remember if I cut mine in the front. Rears, I didn't cut, that's for sure. Does it clearly say to cut them for the Fit? Sometimes those sheets are for multiple cars.
I have the Eibach pro springs installed on my car and did not cut any of the bump stops front or rear. I have not had any issues. The car rides like a dream. These springs are a great buy if your not wanting coilovers.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
All done

The Fit is now lowered

Old 03-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Damn that looks good! I can't wait too see mine without winter tires on it.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
finally

I received the springs today finally and installed them. The install took less than an hour and a half with a friend of mine. The rear were easy with my buddy otherwise it probably wouldnt have taken 5 minutes. The fronts wear easy too where most time was spent cranking the spring compressors.

I love the drop I dont think it has settled all the way yet, but Ill report back soon.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:13 PM
I received the springs today finally and installed them. The install took less than an hour and a half with a friend of mine. The rear were easy with my buddy otherwise it probably wouldnt have taken 5 minutes. The fronts wear easy too where most time was spent cranking the spring compressors.

I love the drop I dont think it has settled all the way yet, but Ill report back soon.
Nice!

How is the ride? and get some pics up if you can!

Old 03-09-2007, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
Bump Stops

Hey fellows, I don't recommend that you cut your bump stops especially if you are using OEM shock absorbers.

If you cut the bump stops, you run the risk of your shock absorbers bottoming out; and you know what will happen in due time!

Old 03-10-2007, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
just helped intregradriver with his eibachs. the drop is nice and the ride is firm but not intrusive.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Benggolf
Hey fellows, I don't recommend that you cut your bump stops especially if you are using OEM shock absorbers.

If you cut the bump stops, you run the risk of your shock absorbers bottoming out; and you know what will happen in due time!
lol too late now...I cut off 30mm per the instructions from Eibach.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:27 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
the drop looks like my skunk2 drop...looking good man

Old 03-10-2007, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Finally got the Eibach Pro-Kit springs installed today!
No fender rubbing so far with just driver/passenger in front seats (16" x 7" w/ +35 offset Works Emotion wheels).

Very aggressive stance and looks mean! Will post photos in a couple of days when it stops raining here in Vancouver. Enjoy your weekend guys!

Thank you Arthur for doing a great installation.

Last edited by Benggolf; 03-11-2007 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
Yes what rcantu says is true... My car is officially sexy now Dropped on eibach pro springs and painted my wheels black. I'll post pics soon. By the way they feel nice

Old 03-12-2007, 12:46 AM
The fronts wear easy too where most time was spent cranking the spring compressors.
yea i hate spring compressors, used to just shoot the top hats off into a trashcan LoL although not really the reccomended method

Last edited by siccmonkey; 03-12-2007 at 12:51 AM.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Whats the specs on the tires your using?

If the ride quality is nice(like stock) and the tires DONT rub.. I might order a set as well.

Im running 16x7 +40offset
205/40/16

Will this rub??

Finally got the Eibach Pro-Kit springs installed today!
No fender rubbing so far with just driver/passenger in front seats (16" x 7" w/ +35 offset Works Emotion wheels).

Very aggressive stance and looks mean! Will post photos in a couple of days when it stops raining here in Vancouver. Enjoy your weekend guys!

Thank you Arthur for doing a great installation.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Luichenwai
Whats the specs on the tires your using?

If the ride quality is nice(like stock) and the tires DONT rub.. I might order a set as well.

Im running 16x7 +40offset
205/40/16

Will this rub??
You should have no problem at all with those wheels.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:53 AM
You should have no problem at all with those wheels.

whats the ride quality like? I know that the stock ride quality isnt GREAT to start with. but i dont want to make it WORSE. u know what i mean?

Whats the drop in inches? front/rear?
How much gap is left? 2 fingers? etc.etc..
thanks a lot!

Reason why im so paranoid is b/c I had Ground Control Coilovers (uses eibach springs) on my del sol. with Koni Red Shocks.. and MAN... it was a BUMPY ride.. Given the fact that i was SLAMMED.. and had about 1 finger gap all around.. with no rubbing issues...

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro springs installed...