Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Need 4 lugs rims to replace stolen rims/tires - Sport AT

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
Need 4 lugs rims to replace stolen rims/tires - Sport AT

Hi guys,

Forgive me for not reading through all the recent posts. This info might be on the forum somewhere else but time is of the essence. reference this thread about all of my wheels being stolen

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-week-old.html

Most of the forum members suggested aftermarket rims and tires but the insurance estimator is claiming that he can't find aftermarket rims because there are only 4 lugs. Several people suggested Tire Rack.com but when I go there and pull up the Fit model, a lot of rims pop up but they are all five lugs and it doesn't look like those will fit.

So, I need an estimate from somewhere quick to be able to contradict the estimator or i'm going to end up with OEM rims and tires and be at risk for theft again. Also, forum members mentioned aftermarkets are giong to be cheaper so I need that proof.

I'll do 15' or 16' ad don't need anything fancy.

My auto repair place suggested tirerack.com and suggested the BFG traction TA tire but I need to find the rims first. Can I impose upon you guys for more help on this ?

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
The pictures on TireRack are generic ones...they use the same one regardless of number of lugs.

If it says the wheel will fit the Fit, it will. When you look at the details it will say 4 lug.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
I just called them and they said the same thing. Thanks for the heads-up. I think this is why the estimator at my insurance company couldn't "find" any. Now, I've asked him if I can pick a combo from tirerack and buy them and they put them on.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Not sure if this link will work, but you can see when I clicked on a random wheel it has the details and shows it's 4x100mm.

MOTEGI RACING SX7 Flat Black w/Mach Lip

Old 07-22-2008, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mbfavreau
I just called them and they said the same thing. Thanks for the heads-up. I think this is why the estimator at my insurance company couldn't "find" any. Now, I've asked him if I can pick a combo from tirerack and buy them and they put them on.
Good luck! Sorry about your theft.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
Ok, I think i'm ready to go with Sport Tuning Turbine rims (nearly the cheapest) and BF Goodrich Traction T/A (rec by my regular repair shop who is also a tire shop but they suggested I go to tirerack to get stuff cheaper).

Now, the question is, is there any advantage to going 16' as opposed to 15' (OEM size)?

Old 07-22-2008, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
well yes and no.

16" wheels look better.

down side. everything cost more.

haha

apparently you will get a not noticeable decrease in mileage(i was rocking 17" wheels and still getting 38mpg)

and tires are more expensive(not by much though)

get some drag wheels.

or go to jlbmotorsports.com or discounttiredirect.com they have good prices.

get some silver or gold wheels even white would look good.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Honda Civic Si Wheels 4x100 for sale MINT!! - $350

thats a pretty good deal.

they look clean and simple and they are reliable.

rota,drag,spun...they are all pretty cheap.

get some konigs...they are cheap and if broken super cheap to replace heh.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
to be honest, the best place to get rims/tires combo at the best price is jlbmotorsports. Here is their link:

Honda-Tech.com: Wheels, Tires, and Suspension: Light weight, NEW, Konig Wheels - Another deal from JLB Motorsports!

and

Honda-Tech.com: Wheels, Tires, and Suspension: Wheel and Tire Packages BEST PRICES Konig Rota

AND

Honda-Tech.com: Wheels, Tires, and Suspension: ROTA WHEEL SALE - JLB MOTORSPORTS - Click for best pricing

They have TONS of rims and tires, best prices also! Plus, shipping is cheap and FASTTTTT. Give em a call, the # is there somewhere.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
I've had great luck the last few years with discounttiredirect.com

very good prices on wheel/tire combos, free shipping, and awesome customer service.

Remember too, you will need new tire pressure sensors, so whatever wheel you get make sure they accept the sensors, that is providing you are going to get new ones. If you do not, then you will have a dash light on all the time.

New OEM sensors online will run you about $65-$70 each. Make sure your insurance is aware of this so they are covered.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rod2Rice
New OEM sensors online will run you about $65-$70 each. Make sure your insurance is aware of this so they are covered.
If he has a 2008, this is VERY good advice. Make sure the insurance company includes those in their calculations. They are very hard to come by and I believe are very expensive from the dealer.

$380 for the set of 4 from TireRack...

Old 07-22-2008, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
[quote=mbfavreau;373496]Hi guys,

Most of the forum members suggested aftermarket rims and tires but the insurance estimator is claiming that he can't find aftermarket rims because there are only 4 lugs. Several people suggested Tire Rack.com but when I go there and pull up the Fit model, a lot of rims pop up but they are all five lugs and it doesn't look like those will fit.

Nonsense. As many posters will say.
Both TireRack.com and DiscountTireDirect.com clearly show 4 X 100 mm BC lug wheels for a Fit. As do many sellers. However ...

THe trick is not to get a wheel with offset too small (offset is the distance from the car wheel hub to the wheel centerline), which is very important to make sure they don't rub the inner fender.
You want an offset between 42 (not dropped) and 45mm (1"-1.5" dropped ).
If the insurance guy is trying to find a wheel with the same offset as stock (55mm) then he is having trouble. 55 mm isn't necessary. Nor is it as good.
And I suggest you get wheel locks; if your stocks went away that quickly these will go in half the time. Or get really ugly wheels.
Good luck.

Last edited by mahout; 07-22-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry about this, but everybody refers to 'dropped." What is dropped?

I'm pretty much getting the cheapest rims I can find that will work and not be terrible. The ones I'm looking atfrom tirerack are the Sport Tuning Turbine but their offset is only 38. Will that be a problem?

Old 07-22-2008, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
38 will be fine.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mbfavreau
Sorry about this, but everybody refers to 'dropped." What is dropped?

I'm pretty much getting the cheapest rims I can find that will work and not be terrible. The ones I'm looking atfrom tirerack are the Sport Tuning Turbine but their offset is only 38. Will that be a problem?
"Dropped" refers to being lowered with lowering springs or coilovers.

I'd try to find an over 40mm offset so that you can lower the car in the future if you want.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
Combining advice from a few of you, I went with a rim whose offset was 40mm. This is what they will look like. Model and website for tire rack.com is far better than any other site, esp. if you're a noob like me who knows nothing...

Think they look OK? Thanks everybody for the the help!

Old 07-22-2008, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
What size did you get? For what its worth, I had a set of wheels that were 16x7, 40mm offset, with 205/45-16 tires and they rubbed in teh back over medium sized bumps. Shaved away at the plastic clip in the rear wheelwells (if you look in there you will see what I am talking about) and they still rubbed. Now have wheels with same specs except 42mm offset and no rubbing. So just be careful.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rod2Rice
What size did you get? For what its worth, I had a set of wheels that were 16x7, 40mm offset, with 205/45-16 tires and they rubbed in teh back over medium sized bumps. Shaved away at the plastic clip in the rear wheelwells (if you look in there you will see what I am talking about) and they still rubbed. Now have wheels with same specs except 42mm offset and no rubbing. So just be careful.

Thats why I got the 15' and with 40mm offset. From tire rack, they guarantee a fit so you can return them no questions asked if they rub or don't work.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:35 AM
5 Year Member
Looks good. Post a pic of them on your car when you get them.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
And dont forget the sensors!

Quick Reply: Need 4 lugs rims to replace stolen rims/tires - Sport AT