Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Jackson Racing Time Attack Footage

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Jackson Racing Time Attack Footage

Here is a small clip of the Jackson Racing Honda Fit @ ButtonWillow on 11/8/06 for a Time Attack event.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...11938060312173

Old 11-10-2006, 03:53 PM
looking good!

what kind of suspension were you runing? i was at the SpeedZone meet when you took it out there for some showing off

how did it fair against the competition?

Old 11-10-2006, 04:04 PM
We are running KW Variant 3 suspension. The Enkei/Falken Azenis combo paid off.
The car did very well against the competition. We were the only Fit with street tires, full interior, full exhaust system, stock brakes(bad idea!) and the only Fit driven up instead of being trailered. All of those disadvantages and we were less than a second slower per lap than the fastest Fit out there! Many of the other cars had K20 swaps and still could not hang. One of the Skunk2 cars caught on fire!
It was a blast! We will be posting up on both our website and FitFreak for the next track day. We want to get all of our customers and future customers involved. It is always nice to see that a company making performance products, actually takes the time to use the same products themselves in race application. Then you know that you are getting something that was designed with functionality VS. looks.

Last edited by FITFANATIC06; 11-10-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:16 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
not bad at all man good stuff

Old 11-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Master FitFreaker
very nice man

Old 11-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by FITFANATIC06
All of those disadvantages and we were less than a second slower per lap than the fastest Fit out there!
???

Old 11-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
holy crap man.. we got all from 9th-12th places! thats FUNKIN INSANE!! I can't belive the AJ beat you though, must be the brakes.. i heard somebody's wheel fell off.. was that AJs?

Old 11-10-2006, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
That was definitely not overall position... Yes AJ's wheel fell off in the morning, although the damage was minimal. Lucky for them it happened at the slowest corner (aka the button hook) so they were able to continue and not miss any track time in the afternoon. If the wheel fell off at the faster sections it could've been ugly.

I'm not going to thread jack here, we'll post our story in another thread later. But we have lot of excuses/issues of our own and the car was not track ready until lunch time. And although we were happy with 2:10.341 I felt that if we got 2-3 more laps a 2:08.x was not out of the question. We forgot to add gas prior to the final session and just as I did 1 warm up lap and was starting a hot lap, the car had fuel starvation in the corners and I had to exit into the paddock to add some gas. After I get back in, there was only enough time for 2 hot laps before checker flag and on one lap we got held up by the Nissan. Our own fault for lack of fuel!!

We were also on stock brakes and I'm sure Jackson's driver can attest to how they leave MUCH to be desired for time attack. BTW N1 Motoring's Fit is full interior with zero weight reduction except maybe with the pair of Bride reclining bucket seats which probably are a little lighter than stock. The wide body kit adds weight in fact... Overall however, we were pleasantly surprised at how capable the Fit chassis is for the track even with the very simple McPherson front suspension and torsion beam rear. It is a FUN little car.

According to AJ's posted specs, they should have excellent handling and brakes, and was able to drop the weight to ~2250 lbs wet. I'm shocked that they went faster than the Spoon/Opak Fit because I imagine they have similar power. Spoon Fit should be same weight, or lighter. Spoon has stock rotors but should have race pads. And it should have equal if not better handling than AJ. It totally puzzles me that the AJ Fit would be over 4 seconds faster than the Spoon. I just google'd the Spoon/Opak Fit and according to HCI magazine and other press released Spoon/Opak did prior to 2005 NASA 25 Hour Enduro it weights just 1800 lbs and has the 1.5 liter engine with mild bolt on's but tuned with Motec, estimated at 120 bhp. So perhaps the question is not why AJ's was fast but why the Spoon Fit was running so slow... I believe either Dave Brown or Tyler M. were driving and both are very fast drivers. Now I really wonder...

Last edited by ghettoracer; 11-11-2006 at 12:43 AM.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
Just wondering if u guys are using +41 or +35mm offset on the RPF1?

Old 11-11-2006, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ghettoracer
. It totally puzzles me that the AJ Fit would be over 4 seconds faster than the Spoon.
It should not be any surprise at all because spoon is not that great of a tuner (in the US), you watch to many movies. Jackson racing was full interior and drove there car from Cali, to las vegas for SEMA and the drove again to corona, CA and then to Button willow, to compete. There list of mods were 3 lines long.

#1 JR supercharger
#2 JR exhaust
#3 KW suspension
#4 JR carbon fiber dust shield.

AJ has what? ...... A bunch of mods,
Fully tuned suspension.
#1 LSD!
#2 Tuned ECU
#3 lightened interior
#4 JDM what ever else they can FIT!

spoon could not get there car started for the better part of the morning, I even helped push start it to try and get it running.

Last edited by jpax; 11-11-2006 at 12:26 AM.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:18 AM
Old 11-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by jpax
It should not be any surprise at all because spoon is not that great of a tuner (in the US), you watch to many movies. Jackson racing was full interior and drove there car from Cali, to las vegas for SEMA and the drove again to corona, CA and then to Button willow, to compete. There list of mods were 3 lines long.

#1 JR supercharger
#2 JR exhaust
#3 KW suspension
#4 JR carbon fiber dust shield.

AJ has what? ...... A bunch of mods,
Fully tuned suspension.
#1 LSD!
#2 Tuned ECU
#3 lightened interior
#4 JDM what ever else they can FIT!

spoon could not get there car started for the better part of the morning, I even helped push start it to try and get it running.
Well there you go, the Spoon car was probably not running right and I'm throwing in the "benefit of the doubt" card.

Movies or not, you fail to recognize Spoon's accomplishments as a race team and tuner here in the states.

*This is not to discredit JR by any longshot.*

It seems "JDM whatever else they can FIT" apparently makes JDM products for the automagic win

Looking in from thousands of miles away, just wondering why didn't JR at least equip the car with some better brake pads?

Old 11-12-2006, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RagingAngel
Well there you go, the Spoon car was probably not running right and I'm throwing in the "benefit of the doubt" card.

Movies or not, you fail to recognize Spoon's accomplishments as a race team and tuner here in the states.

*This is not to discredit JR by any longshot.*

It seems "JDM whatever else they can FIT" apparently makes JDM products for the automagic win

Looking in from thousands of miles away, just wondering why didn't JR at least equip the car with some better brake pads?

I know what spoon does and I know what they have "Accomplished" in Japan and mostly here in the States.

A-j racing Fit was on point!

Old 11-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
How Bout a cage mount camera for the next race.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
doesn't N1 have the yellow K20 Fit? just wondering just glad to see the Fits placing in the top 12. that's great.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:38 PM
how much power do your 5 and 10 psi kits put out?

Old 11-15-2006, 07:29 PM
holdin up traffic! (towards end of video)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...69221901224008

Old 11-16-2006, 11:33 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Nice Eg!!!!

Old 11-16-2006, 11:44 AM
how did the JR fit place?

In the printout pic above it beat the versa , but in the superstreet link the versa beat the JR Fit

JR Fit in last for Micro?

Old 11-16-2006, 12:36 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
LOL i did not know that the Versa was coming out to play with the Fits

Quick Reply: Jackson Racing Time Attack Footage