Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

new red fit sport owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Smile new red fit sport owner

Me and my wife went into the dealership near our home town and test drove a silver fit about 3 weeks ago and loved it. We told the salesman that we would love to have the Milano Red, so he checked the shipments that he had coming in, and they had just had a vin# issued to a red one a week or so before. He said it should be delivered by the end of October and would give us a call when it came in. Well last friday Oct 20th at around 10:30 am he called and said it had just arrived, but it had to be checked out and cleaned up (pdi), and it would be saturday before it would be ready. We drove over there, saturday morning and it had been inspected and preped except for washing and cleaning, needless to say we jumped on it then and there. I think we were very fortunate to have been in the right place at the right time in order to get the one we wanted with practically no waiting. The salesman told us after we signed the papers that another couple had came in earlier in the day, and they wanted a red one also, he just happened to overhear another salesman looking for the keys to this one, and told him that he had another couple (us) coming in to pick it up. Sorry if I rambled on ,but after reading about all the other people waiting so long, I felt this might be interesting reading. By the way the silver one was still on the lot when we left with ours.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by humus
Me and my wife went into the dealership near our home town and test drove a silver fit about 3 weeks ago and loved it. We told the salesman that we would love to have the Milano Red, so he checked the shipments that he had coming in, and they had just had a vin# issued to a red one a week or so before. He said it should be delivered by the end of October and would give us a call when it came in. Well last friday Oct 20th at around 10:30 am he called and said it had just arrived, but it had to be checked out and cleaned up (pdi), and it would be saturday before it would be ready. We drove over there, saturday morning and it had been inspected and preped except for washing and cleaning, needless to say we jumped on it then and there. I think we were very fortunate to have been in the right place at the right time in order to get the one we wanted with practically no waiting. The salesman told us after we signed the papers that another couple had came in earlier in the day, and they wanted a red one also, he just happened to overhear another salesman looking for the keys to this one, and told him that he had another couple (us) coming in to pick it up. Sorry if I rambled on ,but after reading about all the other people waiting so long, I felt this might be interesting reading. By the way the silver one was still on the lot when we left with ours.
Welcome and great to here from you. You're so lucky.
Maybe we should all move to Alabama.
Maybe not- then we would have no stories about a few people getting a FIT in reasonable time.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:25 PM
congrats is it AT or MT?

Old 10-27-2006, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Thanks for the welcome, It is a AT, My wife is disabled with severe scioliosis and she can not take the pressing of a clutch pedal. I am a window tinter here in Prattville, am going to try to tint the windows maybe tomorrow and try to get some pics to post.

Old 10-28-2006, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome,
My wife has had our silver AT Sport since Memorial day and she loves it. We took it on a 200 mile road trip the first week in October and had no problems averaging 65 to 70 miles per hour. The car rides and handles great even when being passed by an 18 wheeler going 85 to 90 miles per hour. We got 33 miles to the gallon.

Old 10-28-2006, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

We did not think that the silver would be pretty until we got over to the dealership and looked at the one they had. But we were suprised at how good it looked, I have only seen two of these cars so far, the silver one and our red one, and I bet they are sharp in any color.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
Color is a very personal thing. However, we did have a choice of Milano Red or Silver and my wife and I chose Silver because my 2000 Accord Coupe V6 is Milano Red. I plan on driving the Accord for at least another couple of years and having two cars exactly the same color in the same garage seemed weird.

Old 10-29-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Flyboybob
Color is a very personal thing. However, we did have a choice of Milano Red or Silver and my wife and I chose Silver because my 2000 Accord Coupe V6 is Milano Red. I plan on driving the Accord for at least another couple of years and having two cars exactly the same color in the same garage seemed weird.
I'm with you on that. My S2000 is Sebring Silver, so a Silver Fit was out. White was my first choice, looks like I'm getting my second choice - Red.

JonasM

Old 10-29-2006, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

Yea I know what you mean about color being personal, I have a 1997 ford ranger that is the color of blue that almost looks purple, and we have a 2006 stingray boat that is white but it has blue trim and a blue trailor. So if we had went with the blue fit, which was our second choice, we would look like blue city in our front yard. And after owning a biege colored taurus for almost 6 years my wife wanted something that stands out. (and does this red stand out) he he !

Old 10-29-2006, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
Well man, congrats and welcome to the FIt-Freak kinda life! Where are the baby's pics!

Old 10-30-2006, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
going to try to take some today, and see if I can figure out how to put them on here. I tinted the windows on her saturday and she looks very good now. 5%on the back doors and the other three windows,20% front doors,5% windshield strip, with 35% the rest of the way down on the front,

Old 10-31-2006, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
I can't figure out how to get more than one pic at a time to load, But here we go.

Old 10-31-2006, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member

Old 10-31-2006, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member

Old 10-31-2006, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
sorry about this but it is the only way I know how

Old 10-31-2006, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member

Old 10-31-2006, 08:04 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by humus
Yea I know what you mean about color being personal, I have a 1997 ford ranger that is the color of blue that almost looks purple, and we have a 2006 stingray boat that is white but it has blue trim and a blue trailor. So if we had went with the blue fit, which was our second choice, we would look like blue city in our front yard. And after owning a biege colored taurus for almost 6 years my wife wanted something that stands out. (and does this red stand out) he he !
I also have a red fit. When I was researchign the car (I got my fit 4 days after it arrived on US soil), orange was my LAST choice, and red was second LAST. I wanted blue. But fits were sold lef tand right, and red was the only one. I wanted it bad, but I really didn't want the red. During the purchase I got paranoid and wanted to bail out.

Anyway long story short I got the red..and grew to love it! I still rather have blue, but if I had a choice again red would be my second favorate choice.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
We knew we wanted either red or blue, but did not know which, but the red came in first, and the blue was supposed to be in by the end of the year. So if we did not buy the red and then decided we liked it better than the blue it might be a big headache trying to find a red one. But we are glad we went on and bought this one. And to think we started out trying to find a blue Yaris, but we wanted one loaded, and every dealer we talked to just kind of shruged us off, because we did not want to buy what they had on their lot, or what they could get.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
Looking good. I almost went with the red base model that I test drove. But I wanted cruise control and that was only available in the sport model. I'm glad that I waited and got the one that I did.

To post multiple pics after pasting the link just hit enter then paste the next link that will make it one on top of the other. To make it side by side paste the second link right after the first one without hitting enter.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
I tried that but when I would click on view post their would only be one pic, Maybe I was doing something wrong along the way though, I am still learning this paste and copy stuff

Quick Reply: new red fit sport owner