Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

kenmei's 07 Fit Sport -- Transformation

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 03:16 AM
5 Year Member
kenmei's 07 Fit Sport -- Transformation

So, I just picked up my FiT a few weeks back, the day after X-Mas (Merry Christmas to me). It's an 07 Sport Model with 35k on the clock. It came with HFP wheels and low pros. Currently looks like a monster truck and needs to be lowered

here's a pic:

For some reason, after a while i took notice to the LACK of a SPORT Lip...this bugged me and led me into a soul search. I fell in love with the J's lip but was unable to find one for a reasonable price (*cough* rep *cough*) on ebay or any site for that matter. So my 2nd favorite was the RS Style. Which is ordered and on its way! (i hope it fits well )

Planned upgrades:
RS style front lip - ordered
Tanabe Touring Medallion Exhaust - bought from fellow FF'er
CF door sil overlays - ordered
CF rear hatch overlay - ordered
Random cool looking decals - ordered
CF cowl hood scoop - waiting to be made
Tanabe or similar front/rear sway bars
Red H Emblems (not sure how they'd go with an Orange FiT..)
Lowering Springs
CF Engine Cover
T1R CF intake (currently running K&N Drop in w/stock box)

-If you have any of the above that's not ordered for sale, PM me!

Planned DIY's:
Vertical rear wiper mod
Gas pedal spring mod

I quite like the orange & black color scheme, so I'm going to try to stick mostly to that, especially with CF when I can! I'm a little worried about RED H emblems throwing it off and was thinking to go with BLACK, but I think they would end up being lost in the black grill/hatch and look as if they were stock.. so

I'll be posting updated pictures as things come along!

Last edited by kenmei; 01-09-2011 at 03:21 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
finally had a day off that wasn't rainy so I decided to do the 2 DIY's I had planned...

first, the "stiffy" rear wiper mod:

I'm really liking the look a lot!

Next, the Gas Pedal stiffening mod (spring):

I'm LOVING the results of this. It feels so much better now.

Thanks FiT Freak for the DIY's!

more updates coming as soon as parts arrive

Old 01-09-2011, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
I may be selling some Swift Mach springs in the near future.. Check out the threads on them, you may like them.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I may be selling some Swift Mach springs in the near future.. Check out the threads on them, you may like them.
awesome, let me know when/if you do!

Old 01-09-2011, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
So, I just reset/relearned the ECU via idle relearn procedures.

My car was shifting hard from first to second (AT) and I was getting about 30MPG. Both of which have been helped by resetting the ECU for others.

The car now shifts from first to second SOOOOOOOOO much smoother, no jerky shifting any more! And I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the MPG. I've got some engine cleaner to add to the tank at the next fill up so I'm waiting until then to get a good gauge. Also, I'll be trying 92 octane instead of 87 piss gas

Old 01-09-2011, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
A '07 BOM with ~35k miles and HFPs, nice score.

Since you're going with a BOM and black scheme here are a couple of simple ideas.

1. A common and simple form and function idea for GDs, black out the fog lights and their housings. Paint them a satin/semi-gloss/gloss black and cover the fog lights with smoked Lamin-x film. The end result is a wider appearing lower grill and your fog lenses will be protected from being damaged (160 bucks a pop from Bernadi Parts if damaged).

2. Another simple form and function idea, the rear bumper applique. It protects the bumper from being damaged when loading large, bulky items and nicely accents the plain rear bumper.

3. You could swap (or paint) your BOM hatch garnish for a black (or carbon fiber) garnish.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds like you're having fun with you fit! Congrats on the new purchase.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
A '07 BOM with ~35k miles and HFPs, nice score.

Since you're going with a BOM and black scheme here are a couple of simple ideas.

1. A common and simple form and function idea for GDs, black out the fog lights and their housings. Paint them a satin/semi-gloss/gloss black and cover the fog lights with smoked Lamin-x film. The end result is a wider appearing lower grill and your fog lenses will be protected from being damaged (160 bucks a pop from Bernadi Parts if damaged).

2. Another simple form and function idea, the rear bumper applique. It protects the bumper from being damaged when loading large, bulky items and nicely accents the plain rear bumper.

3. You could swap (or paint) your BOM hatch garnish for a black (or carbon fiber) garnish.
awesome ideas, i've already purchased a CF hatch garnish and will be picking it up weds to install. Painting the fogs sounds like a good project, i'll definitely think about it once i buy some jack stands/ramp to install my exhaust.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
Cool, painting them is pretty cheap for such a drastic difference to the lower grill. Here are a couple of pictures of a VBP (Illusive's) with blacked fogs.

3/4 front shot

Head on shot

Old 01-10-2011, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
That looks soo good

Old 01-10-2011, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Very nice car.
Can you tell me where can i found this grill?

Old 01-10-2011, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jazzman
Very nice car.
Can you tell me where can i found this grill?

that is a J's racing grill

Hootie: is there a DIY for painting the fogs?

Last edited by kenmei; 01-10-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think there is a DIY (that I know of) but its very easy to remove the fog lights. The only difficult parts are painting the covers and getting the correct alignment.

There is only one screw that holds the fogs in place and two screws holding the color matched cover to the fog light housing.

1. Unplug the fog light's bulbs. The easiest way is to undo the two tab/screws holding up the fender liner, popping it out slightly and disconnect them. It helps if you turn the wheel in (cut wheel right to do driver side, cut left for passenger) to give you easier access to them. If you are having difficulty reaching them still, try jacking the car up for some.

2. Remove the screw holding the fog assembly in place. You can use either a philips head screwdriver or a 8mm or 10mm socket to remove it.

3. To remove the fog assembly itself, lightly pull slightly towards the center of the grill and back. The reason being is that the color matched fog covers have a groove that slides in and out of position. Sort of like how a paperclip (the groove in fog cover) holds onto a stack papers (the bumper).

Now that the fog assembly is out you could either mark the housing and the color matched cover (to keep light alignment), remove the cover, and paint it by itself. Or if you want to keep everything together for sake of light alignment, carefully cover your fog lens with painter's tape/newspaper and tape/etc. to avoid getting paint over-spray on it as well as keep the alignment correct.

Once dry, follow steps 1-3 in reverse order.

Please note: I nor FitFreak will not be held accountable for any faults or mishaps that occur while performing this verbal DIY.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't have spent money for a shop manual if I had known Hootie was able to supply so much information so eloquently.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
I don't think there is a DIY (that I know of) but its very easy to remove the fog lights. The only difficult parts are painting the covers and getting the correct alignment.

There is only one screw that holds the fogs in place and two screws holding the color matched cover to the fog light housing.

1. Unplug the fog light's bulbs. The easiest way is to undo the two tab/screws holding up the fender liner, popping it out slightly and disconnect them. It helps if you turn the wheel in (cut wheel right to do driver side, cut left for passenger) to give you easier access to them. If you are having difficulty reaching them still, try jacking the car up for some.

2. Remove the screw holding the fog assembly in place. You can use either a philips head screwdriver or a 8mm or 10mm socket to remove it.

3. To remove the fog assembly itself, lightly pull slightly towards the center of the grill and back. The reason being is that the color matched fog covers have a groove that slides in and out of position. Sort of like how a paperclip (the groove in fog cover) holds onto a stack papers (the bumper).

Now that the fog assembly is out you could either mark the housing and the color matched cover (to keep light alignment), remove the cover, and paint it by itself. Or if you want to keep everything together for sake of light alignment, carefully cover your fog lens with painter's tape/newspaper and tape/etc. to avoid getting paint over-spray on it as well as keep the alignment correct.

Once dry, follow steps 1-3 in reverse order.

Please note: I nor FitFreak will not be held accountable for any faults or mishaps that occur while performing this verbal DIY.

awesome, any recomendations on paint?

i might do this when i install the mugen RS lip i ordered because I'll need to take off the bumper anyways.. going to leave that black and painting the fog covers black will be a nice addition.

i also ordered a CF shark fin style antenna from ebay yesterday

Old 01-11-2011, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
mugen RS lip? it's the replica made for the US fit right? because the real jdm mugen lip wont fit on our bumpers :/

Old 01-11-2011, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
mugen RS lip? it's the replica made for the US fit right? because the real jdm mugen lip wont fit on our bumpers :/
yeah, the replica. i found a site that had em for $88 + shipping when i was looking for a J's rep.... kinda was an impulse buy

Old 01-11-2011, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenmei
awesome, any recomendations on paint?
The paint and amount of coats used can be of your personal preference. When I replaced my broken driver side fog assembly, I painted it with RustOleum spray paint since I had some in the garage and mocked it into place to see how it would look. I did two light coats of primer (sanded imperfections out between coats) and three light coats of flat black.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:24 PM
I used PlastiDip, that way if i wanted to rock the color matched fog covers all i have to do is peel it off . Lasted a couple months thus far no signs of failing.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
still waiting on my lip and exhaust. replaced my spark plugs yesterday and it's seemed to remedy a lil CEL misfiring problem i have had, at least temporarily.

so in the mean time i decided to put on some decals. i picked up a bunch of stuff from a local fitfreak guy, TFB Designs.. awesome guy with awesome products.

here's the end result:

CF hatch trim overlay, I <3 my gd3 sticker, SPORT sticker

Close ups:

CF Door Sil overlays:

back

front

SOHC Vtec sticker:

Quick Reply: kenmei's 07 Fit Sport -- Transformation