Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

kenmei's 07 Fit Sport -- Transformation

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 03:23 AM
5 Year Member
Is your carbon fiber scoop going to be mounted where it is shown in the photo? Will it be functional and if so where will the air be ducted too.... It looks really nice.... Rogue has always done nice work but that piece is outstanding.... I would sure like to see something in the way of rally car type roof scoops in a functioning weather proof when closed kit with template for cutting the roof and trim work pieces for the headliner with adjustable louvers... Something like that could be adjusted to bring in enough air to offset the flow of air through the lowered side windows, canceling out wind buffeting and eliminating wind noise while still providing fresh air.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Is your carbon fiber scoop going to be mounted where it is shown in the photo? Will it be functional and if so where will the air be ducted too.... It looks really nice.... Rogue has always done nice work but that piece is outstanding.... I would sure like to see something in the way of rally car type roof scoops in a functioning weather proof when closed kit with template for cutting the roof and trim work pieces for the headliner with adjustable louvers... Something like that could be adjusted to bring in enough air to offset the flow of air through the lowered side windows, canceling out wind buffeting and eliminating wind noise while still providing fresh air.

there's a whole thread on em here:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gaug...ght=cowl+scoop

it seems like honda left this piece/area to be opened for this exact application. getting more cold air in, to the engine/cool down the brake master cyl, etc... i got it more for looks than functionality...but i was thinking of ways that you could get an intake filter to that spot. that would be pretty cool.

and i agree about the rally scoops... i've always had a thing for subies

Old 02-02-2011, 11:10 PM
take more pics of the scoop, like at different angle and a slight distance shot. I know you aren't done with your fit yet but post some updated pics. I am sure guys would like to see your progress.

Old 02-03-2011, 01:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlackCobra
take more pics of the scoop, like at different angle and a slight distance shot. I know you aren't done with your fit yet but post some updated pics. I am sure guys would like to see your progress.
will do sometimes soon!

Old 02-03-2011, 06:01 AM
5 Year Member
i like it...

Old 02-03-2011, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
heres a different angle of the scoop, BC

story goes: i painted the lip from black to match the car. it came out great. i want to do a JDM license plate so i needed to bondo the hole that the dealer screwed in the frame as well as get rid of a few blemishes (i was quite impressed on my paint skills at this point) so i primered her up and sanded her.... ended up running out of Blaze Orange paint only on the first coat... F**K

ordred 2 more cans, have to wait about a week because the company only ships ground!!! UGH!!!! my baby's face looks all F'd up

got some TIEN s-techs from a FF'er for a good deal. looking to put them on within the week. i can't wait, been sick of looking like a monster truck!!!

tonight i will paint the rear hatch garnish black..to make the RED H emblem pop!

oh, i also painted the fog light housings black and added the yellow vynl overlay

showcase -- thanks bra, i have loads more stuff i want/plan to do...! come back soon

Old 02-03-2011, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
picked up all the gear i need to do independant fogs... hopefully will have time soon.

still holding off on buying HID's, but not by much. currently having second thoughts about 8000k's. i love the light blue, but not sure how it'd look with an orange car....... then again it is night time... so ???

Old 02-03-2011, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
Looks Great! Kenmei

Old 02-03-2011, 03:58 PM
that cf cowl is used for a slight ram air application on the KW (KraftWerks) intercooler. It does wonders!

Old 02-03-2011, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by godseal
that cf cowl is used for a slight ram air application on the KW (KraftWerks) intercooler. It does wonders!
hah...that would be the day!

i can dream until then

Big Mike -- Thanks

Old 02-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Lookin good!~

Old 02-05-2011, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
painted the rear hatch garnish & added JDM red emblem:

Name:  j9TWb.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  32.7 KB

installed:

Name:  58xfC.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  46.6 KB

Old 02-06-2011, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
3hours of work with ryan roland to take off my lift kit and de-monstortruck-ify my baby...

here is the end result:

Name:  tijUD.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  151.3 KB

Name:  xhidb.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  231.3 KB

The drop with Teins is a lotttttttttt more than I expected! Wow, she looks SLAMMED. It'll be a learning experience on how to drive up/down driveways and not to scrape like vinnymac.

Many thanks go out to ryanroland for the help, it would have taken me at least twice the time to do the install, if i could even get that far on my own!

Old 02-06-2011, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
updating project list....

Planned upgrades:
Mugen RS style front lip - installed
Tanabe Touring Medallion Exhaust - waiting to arrive
CF door sil overlays - installed
Random cool looking decals - put on (SOHC Vtec, SPORT and I <3 my GD3)
CF cowl hood scoop - installed
CF 3inch shorty antenna - installed
Red H Emblems - installed (rear) waiting for front.. DD oopsie!
Black painted rear hatch garnish - finished
Lowering Springs (Tein S-tech) - installed
8000k HIDs - purchased

Tanabe or similar front/rear sway bars - Want To Buy
CF rear hatch garnish - Want To Buy
CF Engine Cover - Want To Buy
T1R CF intake (currently running K&N Drop in) - Want To Buy

-If you have any of the above that's not ordered for sale, PM me!

Planned DIY's:
Vertical rear wiper mod - finished
Gas pedal spring mod - finished
LED Dome & Trunk lighting - finished
Fog light housing paint (black) - finished
Yellow Fog light overlays - finished
Independent Fog lights

finally checking things OFF!!!

Old 02-07-2011, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
Looks hood

Old 02-07-2011, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Order more paint.. There is no way that you will be able to avoid bashing the front lip on occasion... When ever I get around to ordering a lip like yours I will get two of them and order paint as well.. I had deep gouges in mine before I got the after market springs.... Your car is looking real good.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Order more paint.. There is no way that you will be able to avoid bashing the front lip on occasion... When ever I get around to ordering a lip like yours I will get two of them and order paint as well.. I had deep gouges in mine before I got the after market springs.... Your car is looking real good.
hey TC, thanks for the input...

yea you're right. vinnymac has the same lip and has similar problems with scrapping. it's very cheap so it's not a huge deal, as it would be if it were a J's CF lip... but still after putting all that effort into painting it and what not it still makes me cringe

i think with the swifts it would be slightly better, but i couldn't pass up a $100 deal like this (including shipping....well delivery). that and i was antsy as all heck to lower my car! but im sure you will have no problem selling your swifts if you chose to do so

at the moment i have the splash gaurd/lip thingy that is supposed to be tucked under the bumper hanging out because i didn't put the bumper back on correctly (didn't even put the pins back in). i'm planning on taking it off to repaint ASAP and wanted to make less work for myself. i think that piece is the main culprit of scraping , so i'm going to put the bumper back on properly tomorrow on my day off and cross my fingers.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
installed my tanabe touring medallion exhaust that i got today

should have never removed my stock muffler before installing this... it's so quiet relative to driving muffler-less LOL ...oh well, it looks hot!

Old 02-11-2011, 03:46 AM
Look's damn sexy with the Mugen RS lip.. I've always wanted to get one of these but didn't know how good it would look on a BOM... Now i can see... If i do get it i would def also want the sideskirts and the rear lip..

Old 02-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Looking great here. Garnish does pop. Teins are amazing. You have inspired me to start my own thread. Maybe tonight? I have alot of pics from purchase to today, and people have pm me to do so

Keep up your work looks fantastic. You do bom real justice for the color it is.

Quick Reply: kenmei's 07 Fit Sport -- Transformation