Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

kenmei's 07 Fit Sport -- Transformation

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
I'm not too much into decals but what you have look great... Looking good.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
me neither. i got a GD3 3rd brake light overlay (it covers the light so only GD3 illuminates) but figured the back would be way too busy.

thanks Tex!

Old 01-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Looks good Chris, coming along very nicely. Do you know of a good tire shop in san jose that will switch my tires over for a good price. I was looking at wheel works

Old 01-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Need that jdm emblems now. Cf garnish vinal will allow it to pop now. Front grill is already black so should look good. Im not a cf fan, but its working for you so far. Keep modding.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Also check suspension thread on here. Dont know how low you want to go. Swift and Progress springs only go one inch. Eibach and skunks are lowest of spring.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bthasht
Need that jdm emblems now. Cf garnish vinal will allow it to pop now. Front grill is already black so should look good. Im not a cf fan, but its working for you so far. Keep modding.
yep, i'm just waiting for decal dude to get his site back up so i can order some!

thanks for the input!

Old 01-14-2011, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
Also check suspension thread on here. Dont know how low you want to go. Swift and Progress springs only go one inch. Eibach and skunks are lowest of spring.
hmm... 1in would be ideal, but i was at a mini-meet with fitfreak member TFB Designs (who i got the graphics from) and he had skunk2s with the same HFP wheels. the ride height was awesome, but i did notice he had to crawl over everything to not bottom out... so thats a slight deterrant.

i'm still looking for a deal on springs to hit the classifieds

Old 01-14-2011, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenmei
hmm... 1in would be ideal, but i was at a mini-meet with fitfreak member TFB Designs (who i got the graphics from) and he had skunk2s with the same HFP wheels. the ride height was awesome, but i did notice he had to crawl over everything to not bottom out... so thats a slight deterrant.

i'm still looking for a deal on springs to hit the classifieds
Don't settle for crap springs that will only lower your car and screw it up otherwise.... Swift Mach springs are the way to go if you really want to improve your car and not mess up your shocks and struts... Check out the Swift spring thread and see what people that have them have to say about them.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Don't settle for crap springs that will only lower your car and screw it up otherwise.... Swift Mach springs are the way to go if you really want to improve your car and not mess up your shocks and struts... Check out the Swift spring thread and see what people that have them have to say about them.

i thought skunk2 was considered a good brand and not "crap" ? will they mess up my shocks and struts?

swifts look like a good option though, only slightly higher than skunk2s and would address my concerns with posibly scraping

Old 01-14-2011, 06:55 PM
[quote=kenmei;951696]i thought skunk2 was considered a good brand and not "crap" ? will they mess up my shocks and struts?

swifts look like a good option though, only slightly higher than skunk2s and would address my concerns with posibly scraping.

Skunk is not crap. Nor is Eibach (duh Eibach meets, Started the game,Etc...). However these are also the lowest. ANY lowering SPRING is going to eventually wear on a stock shock. Stock suspension is not made to be altered. This is the reason coilovers are built together with shocks/struts and set spring rates.

Swift are VERY good springs. Apparently Texas wants to sell you his. If so i say jump on it. These seem to fit your driving wants the most, and should not scrape ANYWHERE, but in closing you do you. Keep modding.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
how much, tex?

Old 01-14-2011, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
I picked mine up barely used for $200 but some guys have got them for less from some one on ebay... I believe Evasive Motor Sports had them for something like $217 but they sell for over $300 in Japan. Skunk2 springs are much better than most but too stiff to allow the suspension to work properly and will only allow movement over a small concentrated part of the shocks and struts causing them to wear out in that area and beat you up on a bumpy road...

Old 01-14-2011, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
i've been re-thinking blacking out my fogs... with the black mugen rep lip on it'll be awefully black.... what do you guys think?

black lip + black grill + black fogs (housing + lenses)

....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 01-15-2011, 02:54 PM
^^ could look good. By blacking out you mean bezels right? Or fogs tinted? I think black bezels, grille, lip. With jdm emblems and yellow fogs would look real nice on your ride. Front end would body lines would pop out then. Headlights and hood I think would be too much after that though. Good work in modding though, keep it up.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenmei
how much, tex?
I'm having second thoughts about the Skunk2 coil overs until I am able to take a ride in JCrimson's car.... I don't want to be any lower than I am right now and I am too damned old and arthritic to be getting a boot in the ass going over small bumps in the road. I'll give you first shot at them if I do go with the Skunks.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I'm having second thoughts about the Skunk2 coil overs until I am able to take a ride in JCrimson's car.... I don't want to be any lower than I am right now and I am too damned old and arthritic to be getting a boot in the ass going over small bumps in the road. I'll give you first shot at them if I do go with the Skunks.

awesome, i read the thread and was drooling over them for a while

Old 01-15-2011, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
^^ could look good. By blacking out you mean bezels right? Or fogs tinted? I think black bezels, grille, lip. With jdm emblems and yellow fogs would look real nice on your ride. Front end would body lines would pop out then. Headlights and hood I think would be too much after that though. Good work in modding though, keep it up.

yeah i think so too, i just need to pick up the paint to do the fog bezels... do i need primer & clear also?

crappy rainy weather started to make my rear hatch garnish CF come off in spots and it looked really bad.. so i took it off. i'll have to order another or buy a real CF one....

edit: went with plastidip for the fogs... trying to stop myself from using it on my hatch garnish also !

Last edited by kenmei; 01-15-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ryanroland
Looks good Chris, coming along very nicely. Do you know of a good tire shop in san jose that will switch my tires over for a good price. I was looking at wheel works

sorry dude i missed your message, almost all cookie cutter tire shops around here

Tire Shop
899 N 13th St
San Jose, CA 95112

$10 a tire apparently

Old 01-16-2011, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
plastidipped my fog housing
plastidipping my mugen rep lip right now

contemplating plastidipping my rear hatch garnish if i have any left over

pics tomorrow when i install the lip with ryanroland!

someone stop me

Old 01-16-2011, 09:31 PM
haha. i dont know what plastidipping is but dont you want the cf from the lip to show? or is it not CF just black?

Quick Reply: kenmei's 07 Fit Sport -- Transformation