Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

** 9UP GD3 Heart Transplant (build thread) **

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by FELIXY69
the AT mounts are completely different then MT, thats why Innovative sells MT specific kit for MT cars

Hasport mounts are for MT only

Hasport engine harness is way too expensive $1400usd in labour + $200 for RSX Harness + $200 for MT Fit Harness
so here is my solution
Hybird Racing Universal Race harness + RSX Type S engine harness, FORGET about stock cluster...i am going with RacePack IQ3 digital cluster.
it will look cool and will be cheaper !
What about your other dash functions?? I was reading that you need the stock fit ecu in place for climate control and all other dash functions

Old 11-10-2010, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by itsafit
What about your other dash functions?? I was reading that you need the stock fit ecu in place for climate control and all other dash functions

Well if he is going to be K swapped and making the conversion to RacePack he would probably just wire the switches up directly to power and ground instead of letting the no-longer existent computer get involved.

But this is just a guess.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Well if he is going to be K swapped and making the conversion to RacePack he would probably just wire the switches up directly to power and ground instead of letting the no-longer existent computer get involved.

But this is just a guess.
Good point... subscribed I want to see this happen

Old 11-12-2010, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
I have no idea why they tell you the AT cannot do the SWAP!! I think I'm the first one did that and it been running well past 2 years!!!

I'm surprise you can find the space for the turbo, I don't know where you going to put the intercooler and other stuff. I cannot wait to see the final product!!! If you can do it, I don't think I'm going for the Supercharger.

Old 11-12-2010, 05:36 AM
Originally Posted by sy11580
I have no idea why they tell you the AT cannot do the SWAP!! I think I'm the first one did that and it been running well past 2 years!!!

I'm surprise you can find the space for the turbo, I don't know where you going to put the intercooler and other stuff. I
cannot wait to see the final product!!! If you can do it, I don't think I'm going for the
Supercharger.
So wait your fit was an AT before u did the engine swap?! I thought Felix would prob be the first person to do this to one.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by R@ymun2
So wait your fit was an AT before u did the engine swap?! I thought Felix would prob be the first person to do this to one.

i m not sure if it's first or last...lol
my car is AT...it is way more complicated then MT chassis, i am trying to make it easiest possible by by passing alot of the OEM stuff....like the cluster...cruise control will be control by a seperate wireing harness out from K-pro, as well as AC.....hope it will work !

Old 11-12-2010, 09:31 PM

I'm surprise you can find the space for the turbo, I don't know where you going to put the intercooler and other stuff. I cannot wait to see the final product!!! If you can do it, I don't think I'm going for the Supercharger.
Did hasport make the engine harness for you?

Old 11-13-2010, 03:49 AM
5 Year Member
Wrong ...hasport sells MOUNT ADAPTER that u bolt on Using ur Oem mounts n the AT OEM mounts are different on the tranny side and the frame of the car is different too so u gota basicly make another mount to mount the MT rubber mount then u can use the hasport kswap mounts for ur kswap ....get it ???

Originally Posted by MNfit
I just dont seem to be getting it but if you got the Hasport engine mounts for a K20 wouldn't they replace the stock L15 engine mounts. So I dont really see why It would matter if the car was MT or AT from the getgo.

Do you guys really think a 300whp NA K20 would be alot for the engine? If I go the K route I was thinking of keeping it NA for simpisity and would like to see 250-300whp. The engine stock makes 200whp and I dint think it would be that hard to extrack another 50-100whp.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by itsafit
Did hasport make the engine harness for you?
Yes they did

Old 11-13-2010, 04:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by R@ymun2
opps..........sorry I took his spot!!! Yes my car was AT before

Old 11-13-2010, 04:46 AM
5 Year Member
Wrong ...hasport sells MOUNT ADAPTER that u bolt on Using ur Oem mounts n the AT OEM mounts are different on the tranny side and the frame of the car is different too so u gota basicly make another mount to mount the MT rubber mount then u can use the hasport kswap mounts for ur kswap ....get it ???
Felix are correct!!!

MNFit you have to weld the OEM tran. mount on the AT chassis to get the hasport mount work. You just need to measure where the MT fit Tran. mount located and mark it than weld it!!!

Old 11-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator
Felix are correct!!!

MNFit you have to weld the OEM tran. mount on the AT chassis to get the hasport mount work. You just need to measure where the MT fit Tran. mount located and mark it than weld it!!!
OK I get it now

Old 11-13-2010, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
opps..........sorry I took his spot!!! Yes my car was AT before
boooo....but my car will be turbo so i still beat u ...hahah just kidding

Old 11-14-2010, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
boooo....but my car will be turbo so i still beat u ...hahah just kidding
I just have no idea how you get the intercooler in front of the car. You will block the fan to get the air to cool down your car then get over heat!!

Old 11-14-2010, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
I just have no idea how you get the intercooler in front of the car. You will block the fan to get the air to cool down your car then get over heat!!
Thats not necessarily true, especially with the stock shroud and ducting in tact.

Worst case scenario he can mount a 12v slim fan or two on the charge cooler. I would be willing to bet the stock fans on a nice core can hold a sheet of paper to the grille through the IC on a proper set up.

I have on one of my cars a 30"x12"x3" intercooler, with a power steering and external oil cooler sandwiched between the IC and an oversized aftermarket rad for my fans to pull air through, but with all the stock shrouding retained I have no problems sitting in traffic or making WOT pulls with my coolant temps below 210* even on the hottest days.

To be fair I have a switched 7" fan on the external oil cooler, but I never turn it on, because I haven't needed to it was more of an insurance thing.

I would imagine Felix would have noticed any overheating being a problem were it the case, he does have a Skyline from what I have gathered, and I would wager he has a FMIC on that as well.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Thats not necessarily true, especially with the stock shroud and ducting in tact.

Worst case scenario he can mount a 12v slim fan or two on the charge cooler. I would be willing to bet the stock fans on a nice core can hold a sheet of paper to the grille through the IC on a proper set up.

I have on one of my cars a 30"x12"x3" intercooler, with a power steering and external oil cooler sandwiched between the IC and an oversized aftermarket rad for my fans to pull air through, but with all the stock shrouding retained I have no problems sitting in traffic or making WOT pulls with my coolant temps below 210* even on the hottest days.

To be fair I have a switched 7" fan on the external oil cooler, but I never turn it on, because I haven't needed to it was more of an insurance thing.

I would imagine Felix would have noticed any overheating being a problem were it the case, he does have a Skyline from what I have gathered, and I would wager he has a FMIC on that as well.
i thought i should post a pic of my GTR. so it will make it less of a mystery ...

lol

Name:  R0011287.jpg
Views: 1429
Size:  187.9 KB
Name:  R0011283.jpg
Views: 1407
Size:  175.2 KB
Name:  R0011280.jpg
Views: 1406
Size:  165.3 KB
Name:  R0011279.jpg
Views: 1354
Size:  182.9 KB
Name:  R0011370.jpg
Views: 1430
Size:  170.0 KB

btw: as for the Fit, i am doing custom rad support (tube frame), single side rad should be enough !

Old 11-14-2010, 10:47 PM
DOPE.

btw SSR's ftw. I miss mine

Old 11-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Felix is the skyline finally done or are those old pics?

Old 11-15-2010, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
Oh very nice.. is the bell horn v-band/wiggins clamped on the inducer?

Now I know why they dinged you $2.5k for a manifold fab... that sucker has to support ~35lbs of turbo haha

What compressor is that? Looks like a Garrett GT40R/GT42R or a BorgWarner S400? Thats gotta be at least a 75-80mm inducer!

Old 11-16-2010, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
looks amazinggggg i want a k20

Quick Reply: ** 9UP GD3 Heart Transplant (build thread) **