Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

K-Series S2000 for HondaTuning Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 01:29 PM
K-Series S2000 for HondaTuning Magazine

Now that the issue is on stands I can post some pictures. I shot this for HondaTuning Mag during June 2010 in Colorado.

COVER

Cover Shot

Other shots...

Old 09-28-2010, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
s2k24? doublefacepalm.jpg

photography is awesome though

Old 09-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by GD3_Wagoon
s2k24? doublefacepalm.jpg

photography is awesome though
Lol... thanks.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i dont get it it...is a k24 better?

Old 09-28-2010, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
photography is great.

well... the s2k, why would someone remove a f22c and swap in a k24? im going to have go with gd3_wagoon and add a double facepalm.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:17 PM
the photos are great!

but don't really understand the swap at all...What happened the the other engine?

I guess it's cool to be the first one, but IMO, that's a downgrade...

Old 09-28-2010, 07:26 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
The K motor actually has more NA potential than the F series. Thats one reason, but i would keep the F22 in there.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
I would take the K, having owned both, the F is nice and all, but what I felt pushing both to their limits was that the K is just so much better. Though what they should have done is drop the F's bottom end into the K and have the best of both. 2.2 liter K with stock parts able to hit 11000rpm no problem (not that it would make power up there, but it would make for one hell of an aural climax). The K's bottom end is sort of its weak link with the very narrow bearings, I ate up a bottom end doing gymkhana, but that had more to do with the other flaw of the K and allowing oil to run up the side of the motor under heavy G loading.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator
I have not seen a HT mag on the stand for a year+ I thought they where done. Pic look great

Old 09-28-2010, 09:40 PM
I bought this issue 4 days ago and read it cover to cover. They did two articles on two tuners pushing the limits of the S2K.

The first article profiled a guy who figured out a way to add i-vtec to the F22. He is now selling the kit.

The second article is the one above. The breakthrough of this build goes beyond the S2K. What appears to be lost on everyone here....that K24 is powering the rear wheels. I'll give you a minute to process....

...now any swap has the potential to be RWD. EG hatch? Check. CRX? Check. Ground breaking......

Old 09-28-2010, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
what is going on with the bellmouth at the fender?

is that just a bellmouth or a filter?

Old 09-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Per the article:
Custom 4 inch piping and velocity stack
Additional pics show that it is a PRM style intake.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blackndecker
The breakthrough of this build goes beyond the S2K. What appears to be lost on everyone here....that K24 is powering the rear wheels. I'll give you a minute to process.......now any swap has the potential to be RWD. EG hatch? Check. CRX? Check. Ground breaking......
That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the first post "but the K24 is for FWD cars! WTF!!!"...lol

My issue hasn't arrived yet As much as I love my DB2 and it's stock engine, if I could get a K in there and have no reliability issues it will be done!

Old 09-29-2010, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
i'm no mechanic but i'm sure there's more to a FR k set-up than just getting it to fit; it's [relatively] easier in an s2k because the chassis was engineered for that layout. various civics, integras, accords, etc. will require a trans. tunnel, added chassis bracing, re-engineered suspension geometry, and a small fortune for that kind of project... how much money do you throw it before weighing in the cost to benefit ratio?
k24 lotus esprit > the rest

IMO, the s2k24 was built to get onto magazine covers. mission accomplished. there are far more efficient ways of spending money on an s2k than a k24 swap.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:47 PM
i'm no mechanic but i'm sure there's more to a FR k set-up than just getting it to fit; it's [relatively] easier in an s2k because the chassis was engineered for that layout. various civics, integras, accords, etc. will require a trans. tunnel, added chassis bracing, re-engineered suspension geometry, and a small fortune for that kind of project... how much money do you throw it before weighing in the cost to benefit ratio?
k24 lotus esprit > the rest

IMO, the s2k24 was built to get onto magazine covers. mission accomplished. there are far more efficient ways of spending money on an s2k than a k24 swap.
Have you even read the article?!?! You don't even know what is involved...LOL. Just randomly assuming this is a mechanical nightmare.

Read the article. Both of the approaches in the two articles are relatively cost effective...emphasis on "relatively." Now, if you're concerned about "efficient ways of spending money" then you're not the type of person that's gonna be K-swapping to begin with.

Old 09-29-2010, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
The car was at the S2K Homecoming 2 last Saturday.

Old 09-29-2010, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Have you even read the article?!?! You don't even know what is involved...LOL. Just randomly assuming this is a mechanical nightmare.

Read the article. Both of the approaches in the two articles are relatively cost effective...emphasis on "relatively." Now, if you're concerned about "efficient ways of spending money" then you're not the type of person that's gonna be K-swapping to begin with.
i do need to read the article. to stir up the kinds of debates i've been reading on various forums, it definitely sounds like an interesting read.

did you read my post or just misunderstand it?... it was mostly in response to this:
...now any swap has the potential to be RWD. EG hatch? Check. CRX? Check. Ground breaking......
...more like breaking the bank

off topic but if you squint the guy driving the s2k24 kinda looks like JDMchris lol

Last edited by GD3_Wagoon; 09-29-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:02 PM
thanks for all the comments good and bad guys... I did it because I wanted more power N/A and the K is proven in that department much unlike the F.

this dyno shows the improvement and isnt in the article.

green is my F20 with bolt ons and Kpro tuned on E85
Red is my K24 with a little more work done Kpro and tuned on E85... the K still has more room and should easily be a 320hp N/A car

And I want to thank orlando again for the amazing shots...

Old 09-29-2010, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
beast homie...beast

Old 09-29-2010, 05:18 PM
i do need to read the article. to stir up the kinds of debates i've been reading on various forums, it definitely sounds like an interesting read.

did you read my post or just misunderstand it?
I did...

You wrote:
And I wrote:
Now, if you're concerned about "efficient ways of spending money" then you're not the type of person that's gonna be K-swapping to begin with.

Quick Reply: K-Series S2000 for HondaTuning Magazine