Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Machiel's TideWater '02 Jazz

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Machiel's TideWater '02 Jazz! Lowered p2

Yesterday bought me a 2002 Jazz in Germany and drove it back to The Netherlands!

Going to update this topic pretty often

Here are some pics at home, with German export plates!

Name:  DSC02934.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  121.7 KB
Name:  DSC02935.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  175.9 KB
Name:  DSC02936.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  151.3 KB

Monday morning, i'm going to the Dutch importoffice.. where they are going to inspect the car, so that i can pay the dutch import tax and get me some Dutch papers! Next picture update is Monday!!

After that, i can order my new license plates... Unfortanetely i will get the big/long license plates, but will buy me one short/US size plate ( for the front ).. Which is only available if you know someone at the plate shop

Last edited by Machiel; 06-19-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good man. Like the front lip. I want that front bumper/lip combo!

Old 05-29-2010, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
Very Nice 2002 Jazz Machiel looking forward to the pics! Looks New, good deal.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
jealous of the stock side markers.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:36 AM
Originally Posted by braziers
Looks good man. Like the front lip. I want that front bumper/lip combo!
Thanks mate! I've seen a lot of Jazz's on the "carbuying" sites, but tis was the first one with this lipkit... Really happy that i bought the car!

I bought it as a normal daily drive, but think that i will change many things ( i'm also building a trackday car ( build b18c6) )

I allready ordered a carbon "spoonstyle" spoiler from kenken, must be here in 2 weeks or so, also bought some nice nearly new BBS RS...

And i'm still searching for a nice set full coilovers ( yeah, i mailed that guy from bc racing )

Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Very Nice 2002 Jazz Machiel looking forward to the pics! Looks New, good deal.
Thanks

Originally Posted by score04w
jealous of the stock side markers.
Like them too!

Old 05-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Looks great! Congratulation on what looks like a great Jazz!

I want that lipkit as well... Honda has stopped selling it... :-(
also, would you mind sending me alink for the "spoonstyle" wing that you have found? I have been looking for one for a long time!

Again, welcome and congratulations!

Old 05-31-2010, 07:19 AM
Thanks wagonr

You can buy the spoiler from Kenken ( he is a user on this forum ) and his topic is here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...ock-clear.html

Little update:

Today i imported the car, everything was ok and i past the test! So i get my new car papers next week ( maybe friday )

Last edited by Machiel; 05-31-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
Is it difficult to buy this year/type car in Netherlands? Why did you buy in Germany?

Old 05-31-2010, 10:50 AM
Because they are a lot cheaper in Germany!

In the Netherlands we pay on each new car a kind of import tax ( 40% on top of the normal prices ) When you import a car which is about 7years old, you pay about 15% of that 40% ( so that is 6% instead of that 40% ) Cars are in other countrys cheaper than in The Netherlands...

Don't know if i explained it right, but hope you understand it...

a 2002 Jazz with 60k miles ( in the same condition as mine etc. etc.) costs me in The Netherlands minimum 8k dollar, i bought mine for 5500dollar and import tax was about 500dollar ( excl. gasoline, trip to germany etc. )

In total i won about 1500dollar

Old 05-31-2010, 02:29 PM
Picture from today, at the Dutch import office

Name:  DSC02940.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  98.6 KB

Old 05-31-2010, 03:53 PM
New wheels added to my collection..

Rial Mesh wheels... 16x7
Name:  Rialmesh.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  67.9 KB

Don't know what to do with them, think i'll fill all the holes and redrill it to 4x100

This is my other set of wheels i've got:

Name:  IMG_3868.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  58.4 KB

Old 05-31-2010, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
wow this car is soooooooo sick love the color and the factory lip kit, looks way better than the lame add on afterthought kit we get in the states, if you get to keep the german plates you should sell me them as i have a friend with a DA integra that would kill for them!!!
again your car is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick and you should leave it the way it is !!!!! ok maybe the BBS's and D R O P that B I T SSSSHHHH

Old 05-31-2010, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
damn i looked at the pics again and dude your car is freakin awesome! love love love the antenna, the fact that its a base not a sport (ie. the key cyl in the hatch) and the black handles. dude show is the interior! please im assuming you dont have cruise control or keyless but wanna know more!!!!!!

Old 05-31-2010, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
I agree with the populous, car looks fresh, clean....I think I'm gonna have a Linenkugel now!

Old 06-01-2010, 04:58 AM
Originally Posted by vtecfit1
wow this car is soooooooo sick love the color and the factory lip kit, looks way better than the lame add on afterthought kit we get in the states, if you get to keep the german plates you should sell me them as i have a friend with a DA integra that would kill for them!!!
again your car is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick and you should leave it the way it is !!!!! ok maybe the BBS's and D R O P that B I T SSSSHHHH

Thanks for all the compliments also love the lipkit, but didn't know that is was so rare... I get to keep the plates, don't know what to ask for them??

I'm still looking for a nice set of supension... Needs to go low and it needs to fit the european Jazz GD1...

Originally Posted by vtecfit1
damn i looked at the pics again and dude your car is freakin awesome! love love love the antenna, the fact that its a base not a sport (ie. the key cyl in the hatch) and the black handles. dude show is the interior! please im assuming you dont have cruise control or keyless but wanna know more!!!!!!
Hihi!

Will make some interior pics later on. I think that the antenna is a liitle but ugly, but hey i don't give a damn

What you mean by keyless? keyless entry, or what? And i don't have cruise control, that's the onlt negative point on the whole car

Originally Posted by honda2112
I agree with the populous, car looks fresh, clean....I think I'm gonna have a Linenkugel now!
Thanks man

Last edited by Machiel; 06-01-2010 at 05:01 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
I know that I could never find anything like your car, here in CT. USA, at that price and mileage. The car looks really awesome. I also like the hatch lock and the antennae.

Why does the import office have it on a lift? Inspection of saftety requirements? Alterations? Rust? Auto theft ?

Old 06-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Safety etc.

The little machine on the right is able to rotate the wheel to a speed of 25mph or so? So they can check/hear if the bearings etc. are allright...

I also did the yearly vehicle check at that import office! The dutch import office is the national car organisation for all garageowners! I didn't have to do the check there, but i thought why should i go to a (honda) garage if they could do it...

I can't put it all exactly in words, my english isn't that good

How do you guys in the US call the yearly test/check? Or don't you have something like that?

Old 06-01-2010, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Machiel
Safety etc.

The little machine on the right is able to rotate the wheel to a speed of 25mph or so? So they can check/hear if the bearings etc. are allright...

I also did the yearly vehicle check at that import office! The dutch import office is the national car organisation for all garageowners! I didn't have to do the check there, but i thought why should i go to a (honda) garage if they could do it...

I can't put it all exactly in words, my english isn't that good

How do you guys in the US call the yearly test/check? Or don't you have something like that?
Some states have required yearly inspections performed by the state government inspection stations. Apparently, like your import office.

Some states have a required yearly inspection performed by private businesses... garages using state guidelines and state stickers.

Some states, like the one I am in, only have emissions inspections performed by private garages, and require that the owners mechanically maintain their vehicles by whatever means that maintains safety.... private garages or personally maintained. I prefer this method.

I've lived in all these types of inspection states.

There is a lot of corruption connected with the states that require private garage inspections.... graft, pay-offs, counterfeit stickers, government bribes.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:38 AM
The Netherlands is the same as your 2nd option!

We have all private garages with stickers etc. Our "Import office" is the controlling organisation So they occasionaly check the private businesses that they do everything by the book, or they might loose their certificate etc.

These yearly tests aren't that difficult, they don't look at engineswaps etc. Just the emission test is a bit difficult if you don't have a cat...

In my small town of aprox. 25k people we have about 20 garages and only 10 can do these yearly tests!

Last edited by Machiel; 06-01-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:06 PM
As for suspension, I know that K-Sport works very nice with the GD1 chassi as coilovers. If you are looking for springs, check out Ebay.de, they have nice springs for around € 100-250.

Again, the lipkit looks very nice!!! And Honda has stopped selling it, so I cant get my hands on a set.... :-( Not enviuos at your car at all! :-)

Looking forward to seing what the car looks with the BBS! Love BBS!

Keep us updated!

Quick Reply: Machiel's TideWater '02 Jazz