Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Theres Nothing Better Than The Real Thing

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Theres Nothing Better Than The Real Thing

ok guys, i just found the best mod to date, i messed up my steering wheel emblem trying to get decaldudes too small gd3 emblem to work, but it didnt work very well at all, so i looked and looked and couldnt find a stock one and i didnt want to buy the whole steering wheel assembly just to get the damn emblem, so i found out from andyd that he used a ep3 rear badge for his steering wheel emblem and it looked awesome, and it sure does! its a must for anyone that wants to swap out all the emblems, just cut the tabs on the back of the new one and peel and stick, this mod will work for either the gd3 and the ge8. the emblem on the ge8 is smaller but it will stick over it fine.

FINALLY PROOF THAT THE DAMN EMBLEM WONT FLY OFF WHEN THE AIR BAG GOES OFF! YAY NO MORE WORRIES GUYS!

i also did the led havac mod and thought id share my other find, instead of just coloring in the ac and defrost buttons why didnt anyone think to just get matching leds? they look way better and are way more matching than a sharpie, and brighter!

Last edited by xonexlifex; 05-09-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Both look awesome! +rep for the LED insight. You gonna wear a visor to protect your face from that emblem in an accident though?

Old 04-28-2010, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
I had the same thought.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
Both look awesome! +rep for the LED insight. You gonna wear a visor to protect your face from that emblem in an accident though?
im sure that wuld b the least of my problems if i even got into an accident that made the air bag go off. Im not worried

Originally Posted by Illmatic07
I had the same thought.
im glad we have the same ideas.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
i dont know that would be pretty bad fit that thing hit you in the face. it would kill you if it hit your in the right spot.

a kleenex box can kill you in a car accident

Old 04-29-2010, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redrumm
i dont know that would be pretty bad fit that thing hit you in the face. it would kill you if it hit your in the right spot.

Ya. Just means u gota drive more careful. But ya see anything can kill u in a accident

Old 04-29-2010, 12:39 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redrumm

myth was busted.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
I knew you were a nerd Chris. lol

Old 04-29-2010, 02:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
myth was busted.
that makes me feel safer

Old 04-29-2010, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
^^Yeah but that is a cardboard box the emblem is a hard piece of plastic

Old 04-29-2010, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit4Trav
^^Yeah but that is a cardboard box the emblem is a hard piece of plastic
Ya like i said. I just got to make sure it does do off then. Just gota drive safer and ive talked a feel people about it and they said that wuld b the least of my problems if the air bag actually ever went off.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
Doesn't matter how safe you drive you can never account for other people and how they drive.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit4Trav
Doesn't matter how safe you drive you can never account for other people and how they drive.
ya thats true, but ya wats more safe, having an air bag with a emblem on it or having a whole new steering wheel that doesnt have an air bag at all in it like alot of people have done on here?

Old 04-29-2010, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
ya thats true, but ya wats more safe, having an air bag with a emblem on it or having a whole new steering wheel that doesnt have an air bag at all in it like alot of people have done on here?
I don't find it hard to imagine at all a scenario where you would have been totally fine in an accident but you end up with that emblem lodged in the back of your skull because the airbag shot it into your eye at 100mph or whatever. I don't think you should necessarily take it off just please make extra special sure it's held on super tightly.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by secondspassed
I don't find it hard to imagine at all a scenario where you would have been totally fine in an accident but you end up with that emblem lodged in the back of your skull because the airbag shot it into your eye at 100mph or whatever. I don't think you should necessarily take it off just please make extra special sure it's held on super tightly.
ok i thought of this too, but wuldnt it just shatter if i put it on there really tight? like with epoxy or something? wuldnt a bunch of plastic be worse than the emblem flying off?

Old 04-29-2010, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
^I would use some sort of epoxy, you probably wouldn't need a whole lot. My understanding is that when the airbag goes off the middle of your steering wheel will split in half and out comes the airbag from it. That means the emblem would have a huge amount of force knocking it out of the way and if it was enough to overpower the oem adhesive it may end up somewhere you don't want it.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
ya i might do it when i get a chance but for now ill be ok

Originally Posted by secondspassed
^I would use some sort of epoxy, you probably wouldn't need a whole lot. My understanding is that when the airbag goes off the middle of your steering wheel will split in half and out comes the airbag from it. That means the emblem would have a huge amount of force knocking it out of the way and if it was enough to overpower the oem adhesive it may end up somewhere you don't want it.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:47 PM
Actually if you search for some interior pics of wrecked GDs the airbag comes out from under the center of the wheel. The whole center section peels upwards like it was hinged at the top, rather than splitting down the center. I would be guessing, but it would probably shoot the emblem into the headliner at 1,000,000 MPH rather than your melon. Remember also that there is already a hard plastic emblem embedded in the center of the wheel, if were that big of a deal, Honda wouldn't have done it. But, if it lodges in your throat and kills you in an accident, I never made this post LOL

Old 04-29-2010, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Actually if you search for some interior pics of wrecked GDs the airbag comes out from under the center of the wheel. The whole center section peels upwards like it was hinged at the top, rather than splitting down the center. I would be guessing, but it would probably shoot the emblem into the headliner at 1,000,000 MPH rather than your melon. Remember also that there is already a hard plastic emblem embedded in the center of the wheel, if were that big of a deal, Honda wouldn't have done it. But, if it lodges in your throat and kills you in an accident, I never made this post LOL
Now thats some good info i needed. Now im not nearly as worried.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
I'm really not trying to troll here, but can you link me to some of those pictures??? I've been scouring the internet for far too long and I can only find pictures of other cars and they all had the airbag compartment break open from the center. Also, the stock emblem is held in with tabs which the OP doesn't have on his new emblem, which is held on only with adhesive.

Quick Reply: Theres Nothing Better Than The Real Thing