Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

My 09 GE Taffy is all nice and shiny again

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Tint job makes it a real pimpmobile -total debadge w/ only the hemi power and Coyote's chrome tips would really make it official!!

Half the heat to boil water really puts it in perspective - phew, I thought I was sweating up in Maine last week...
>>> Hmm must look into those tips. I wonder if my Dodge dealer wants to mess with it? I do not see a lot of aftermarket exhausts for a GC.

I will leave the Dodge badge. Maybe remove the Grand Caravan SE. The SE at least.

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
My outdoor thermometer now says 114F, Weather Underground's guy a few miles away and 106" lower altitude has it at 108F.. I'm sipping margarita's in front of fan that is blowing at full tilt.. I have the A/C set at 80 and it has yet to kick off... Ya'll come on down, you wouldn't believe the size of the dry sauna I have just outside the front door.. It works very well, I guarantee you'll break a sweat in less than 3 minutes stripped down to your boxer shorts.. Bill the conversion to Celsius is 45.6, 30 is the same as our night time low of 86F, what we here see as a daily high on late October on in to November. I'd be outside play catch with the dog, walking or working on the car, bike, truck, tractor, mini bike, motor scooter, motorcycle or one of the other pieces of crap that needs my attention..Right now it is the old lady's day off so it is she that is getting it.. I'm taking a break right now.
Only going to be 85F here today My stepson is playing main stage at Blues Fest at 6 and another stage at 2:30. Should be hot. We saw Gregg Allman last night. Our Bluesfest is the largest free one in Canada.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
I wish I'd been at the blues fest with you... The heat wave is letting up a little..It's hard to tell it though.. Never mind it's gone up to 105... The 7 day forecast is for more of the same. This will be the longest period of daily 3 digit high temperatures in a row on record here in 6 more days. That is for the whole state.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:55 AM
5 Year Member
I would move.

Chris' shows were terrific

Here he is last Wed. He is on the left. Nice job inthe middle

‪Mike McD & The Kelptones, Boathouse, Aug 3, 2011‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-12-2011, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
Engine swap is complete

Name:  016.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  28.9 KB

Name:  015.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  38.3 KB

Name:  011-1.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  44.9 KB

Enough procrastinating. Must get at the Fit and do the heated seats and door panels.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
Taffy was getting jealous so we tackled a door this morning.

I got my material here - Well asked the OP to arrange it. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1021459

Ripped the driver door panel off without aid of manual. Knew how from previous attempts and putting winkers on mirrors.

Had to remove the hot glue I had used in my previous aborted attempt.

I did iron the new material as there were some creases. The spray I had froma fabric shop made for auto upholstery. Sprayed, laid material over and worked it smooth. When dry I turned the edges back and sprayed and press edges down well. DO NOT GET ANY SPRAY ON THE GOOD SIDE

Take time to punch out holes really well as it will be easier to get the pieces back together and hot glue. I did not add any new screws. Take your time and hot glue one or two posts at a time. Hold til dry.

I let the top edge over hang and the trim piece tabs went through it easily.
The remainder I trimmed with small scissors.

Want pics now eh?

Here you go. Any questions ask.

Before and still to do

Name:  008-5-1.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  56.6 KB

After

Name:  006-6.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  66.6 KB

Last edited by Black3sr; 08-14-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
Taffy got her rear doors done this morning. Less then two hrs. Not bad for old guy eh?

Old 08-22-2011, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
Whew. The heated seats are done. I an getting too friggin old to be crawling around on my knees and stretching into and around the console and under the seats etc. I just hope my AH appreciates it come Jan when the Clazzios are ice cold.

Some pics and install here

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1025331

Well that is just about it for Mods. I think I said that last year as well.

A set of wheel would be nice but they are so expensive here in Canada. And the wife says you can't see them when you are driving.

Mods to date

Blue calipers and drums

"C" piller strut

Tint

Interior wood trim kit

Stainless A B and C piller covers

Gas pedal spring mod

Blue licence bulbs

Wheel and rear H logos in blue vinyl

GE Nighthawk headlight bulbs

Blue LEDs in trunk

Accord horn

Door sill covers

Yellow fog covers

Clazzio leather/vinyl seat covers

Steelies and snow tires

Civic plastic repo wheel covers

Blue keyring light

Blue LED in dome

JDM Tails

Body side molding

HKS Exhaust

Shark fin antenna

Paint diffuser

Paint H surround in front blue

Swift Springs

Rear wiper mod

Window visors

Mirror covers with winkers

Powder coated winter wheels

Throttle controller

Spacers under front of seats

I-VTEC decals

Center console (a China repro)

Recovered all four doors.

Heated front seats

Cost of these mods? A tad over $4000. What the hell I would have to leave it for the kids eh. And maintenance has been nil other than $2 for a fuse I blew.

Last edited by Black3sr; 08-22-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
That comes out to about $114 per mod. Ballin.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:58 PM
A proud list of accomplishments Bill. I remember you saying 'that's it' last year. Can only wait to see what comes up next. Well done, and a great thread!

EDIT: someone rep him for me - I'm rep'd out...

Last edited by Krimson_Cardnal; 08-22-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks Chuck. While I was in there I tool out one washer from the fronts of the seats. I found the three a tad too high.

Hey I got the Caravan to mod now. Well no longer a Caravan but a Dodge with Hemi power. I just ordered a stainless exhaust tip for it. Toying with idea of aftermarket tails.

bill

Oh and thanks again for that little round flat thing you sent me. It has been invaluable in doing all these mods..

Old 08-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Oh and thanks again for that little round flat thing you sent me. It has been invaluable in doing all these mods..
freaks be friendly ;-)

Old 09-02-2011, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
I finally got heated seats in. There is another thread but will list a bit of stuff. The pads slip under mu Clazzios easy.

Name:  011-2.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  33.7 KB

Pull this panel off to mount switches. Tip - a hook from a coathanger works to pull panel off. I drilled 4 holes - two for switches and two to run wires through. They are big because of connecters on other end.

Name:  0022.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  28.2 KB

This is the plug that goes on end of outlet. I made up two small 'Y" harness about 6 inches long. The bottom of the Y plugs into the plug. One of the top arms goes to the receptacle and the second arm is use to connect the pads. One harness is for the Positve side and one for the ground.

Name:  0042.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  32.0 KB

I ran the wires from pads around under edge of console and then up into area under the cup holders. Only thing in there is the tranny shifter. There is a mess of wires so just spread them to both sides so when you smack the cup hold back in place the clips catch. Leave slack up to the plug or you may pull the ground wire out of it and have to redo.

Name:  009-5.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  27.6 KB

Name:  012-3.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  32.5 KB

I screwed up drilling holes straight but they are in and work. They sit so far back hardly noticeable .

Name:  0012.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  36.3 KB

Old 09-03-2011, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
Lots of trick stuff you have going on there Wild Bill... I would agree 100% with your wife about new wheels if your car wasn't so tricked out is so many other ways. Make sure that they are chrome plated when you get them... A muffler like Mike has would be nice too but you already have a very nice one.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Lots of trick stuff you have going on there Wild Bill... I would agree 100% with your wife about new wheels if your car wasn't so tricked out is so many other ways. Make sure that they are chrome plated when you get them... A muffler like Mike has would be nice too but you already have a very nice one.
I am still trying to grow back that arm and leg the muffler cost me.

Chrome wheels eh? Ain't going to happen. They will be white.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Added a few HP to the Hemi. Nice eh.

Also, the wife was jealous of my heated seats. I picked up a nice car seat cushion thing with two heat settings AND two vibrator settings. That should keep her happy. Geez those would likely have worked in the Fit and a heck of a lot cheaper. But, I would have missed the aggravation of installing them.

Name:  0072.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  57.2 KB

Name:  0062-1.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  36.3 KB

Old 09-14-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm waiting to see those LED's on Taffy ;-)

Old 09-14-2011, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
I'm waiting to see those LED's on Taffy ;-)
I don't think so. Maybe next year?

Old 10-01-2011, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
Taffy got new RainX wipers from Wal-Mart today. Thank you to granddaughter for her discount. Well I did drive her to her part time job at 7.

and my heated seats work great.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:04 PM
vinyl graphics?

Hey nice car, shout out from a fellow canadian! I'm out west in SK. Anyways, I noticed on your photobucket pics that you have a couple of i-vtech SOHC vinyl graphics. I would love to find a couple of those for my fit. Where did you get them? Can I order them somewhere or did you have them made up yourself? Thanks
Jay

Old 10-10-2011, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
door panels look good man. what fabric did you use?

Quick Reply: My 09 GE Taffy is all nice and shiny again