Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

My 09 GE Taffy is all nice and shiny again

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
Taffy gave out presents on her birthday to those in attendance.

The Hemi recd the stainless pillars like Taffy and LED strips. The LEDS will need a trip to friendly dealer to tell me which wires to hack into.

Name:  005.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  74.1 KB

Enjoying cake together?? Well sharing a driveway.

Name:  007.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  98.6 KB

Who is the old fart in reflection?

Name:  006.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  49.0 KB

Old 07-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Looking good Bill - those LED running lights? Interested to see how that looks all hooked up with the sun down.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Looking good Bill - those LED running lights? Interested to see how that looks all hooked up with the sun down.
Thanks Chuck. Yes they are LEDs. I had tested them on battery and should look good at night. They are more of less unnoticeable when standing near the van. Wish someone would send me a repair manual with the wiring

Old 07-08-2011, 07:07 AM
Ya never know - twice lucky, but you might need to go to another forum lol

Old 07-08-2011, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Wild Bill, I think those lights are going to look great.... You still need to get some 17" chromed wheels for your little white car... You could put some LEDs in the wheel wells if you did.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
Taffy does not need 17" chrome. She is not a slut. Just a little wild.

Now LEDs in wheel wells in the winter should just be great. I wonder if they would melt the snow packed in there?

Old 07-08-2011, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
What you need to melt the snow in the wheel wells is a propane weed burner.. They work very well but are hell on the plastic wheel well liners... I have one I use to burn trash but as dry as it has been my burn pit is nearly full.... I like the looks of the minivan.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
The lights finally came on. Geez it is hard to find a good Caravan Forum.

I found the fuse box list on the owners DVD. I printed it and went to my fav Dodge dealer. They were helpful in pointing me to the correct fuse to go at.

It is HOT here today so after my 2 mile walk earlier I laid on the drive and ran some wiring. How to run wires across the front? Hmm after much pondering I drilled five pairs of tiny holes under bumper inthe black piece that hangs down. I used black ties to secure the wires behind. All connections were done with solder and shrink wrap. It was easy to locate where to ground black wire. It is right up front on the frame. The red wire was a bit more difficult. THe fuse box has a sealing lip that you cannot jam down over the wire. I drilled a small hole and ran wire. I Gooped the hole to seal it. An Add A Fuse took care of the hook up. It was a pleasure working on the box as it is right up front under the hood. No Fit laying on the floor.

Now the pics. Oh I called wife to see it. Her comment was they are on all the time and I said Yep. She said well at least she can't see them when she is driving. She will never understand.

I picked up new hood deflector for the Fit this morning.

Name:  007-3.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  38.7 KB

Note small tie under bumper

Name:  008-2.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  30.3 KB

There are 5 of these
Name:  010-1.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  18.8 KB

Ground wire - the small black wire on the right going to nut in middle

Name:  012-1.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  42.6 KB

Name:  014-1.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  51.2 KB

Old 07-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Looks good! Surprised you ran the wire along front of bumper?? So these supplement the standard running lights or replace them. Next is, any ideas on setting Taffy up with a set?? Must be some way, no?

Old 07-20-2011, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good! Surprised you ran the wire along front of bumper?? So these supplement the standard running lights or replace them. Next is, any ideas on setting Taffy up with a set?? Must be some way, no?
Wires are behind the black piece not in front. Really no place inside to run them across.

They supplement. I pondered where to connect them. They are actually where the optional fog lights would go. I thought to make it look different to go with the LEDs. They are on all the time which is kinda of nice.

Maybe I will try some interior ones under the dash.

Not sure if I want anything on the Fit. Got enough still to do. Seats will be a chore to add the heating pads. Getting some door fabric as well.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:32 PM
I really like what you did with the lights on the Dodge.

I too had a hard time finding a Caravan forum. My dad wanted to find out some info before buying but there is limited activity on those forums, lol. I guess not many modify their Caravan.

I'm thinking of trying to find him the OEM fog light kit, if available. Any idea where to find that? I also wanted to get the window deflectors. Besides the dealer, is there any other place to find items for the Caravan? Where did you find your chrome pillars?

Old 07-21-2011, 05:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by iluvmyVersa08
I really like what you did with the lights on the Dodge.

I too had a hard time finding a Caravan forum. My dad wanted to find out some info before buying but there is limited activity on those forums, lol. I guess not many modify their Caravan.

I'm thinking of trying to find him the OEM fog light kit, if available. Any idea where to find that? I also wanted to get the window deflectors. Besides the dealer, is there any other place to find items for the Caravan? Where did you find your chrome pillars?
Here is a good Dodge Forum. I found some OEM fogs on ebay. They are around $150 and you need a computer upgrade from the dealer to start them. THe LEDs were $10 and Add A fuse $15 .

I got the pillar covers here from here - http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Old 07-28-2011, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
A few seat pics. These are not mine but identical. You tend to forget most people do not have this luxury. They are always clean. No Food. No Pets allowed.

When I had my door panels off doing the mirrors I was looking at how the fabric panels where attached. Maybe next year may replace with a black vinyl - maybe.

Does this leather seat covers allow me to install a convertible toddler car seat? As you know, the stock seat has access to the hook where we can attached the belt to the latch?

Do you think the leather option is worth it?

Old 07-28-2011, 05:22 AM
5 Year Member
Is that the hook on the rear of the rear seat on drivers side? If so it is still accessible. THere is a slot in the cover.

Leather is great.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
Pimpmobile got tinted. Did the front side windows and windshield. Got a feal for cash.

Taffy got jealous so took her pic too.

Name:  006-5.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  53.6 KB

Name:  008-4.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  38.6 KB

Partial de-badge. Removed the FlexFuel badge. I have a Hemi Powered one coming.

Now need chrome tails and licence cover and license plate lights. Hmm axleback? Nice dual pipes LMAO

Name:  007-5.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  45.7 KB

Old 08-04-2011, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
Window tint on cars are a must down here along with an ice chest full of ice and beverages... It must be crazy hot up in Canada right now also. It's already 106.5 degrees here, half the heat needed to boil water.... I'll bet those that questioned global warming are sweating like crazy right now... They'll probably blame Obama for it.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
Hmm axleback? Nice dual pipes LMAO
Would be awesome hahahaha
that would definatrly make people look and then quickly look back to realize it is a grand caravan lol :P

Old 08-04-2011, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
Do it right and have 4" diameter chrome tips... Some retro 1960s style scavenger pipes mounted 4" below the back bumper was pretty cool too.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Tint job makes it a real pimpmobile -total debadge w/ only the hemi power and Coyote's chrome tips would really make it official!!

Half the heat to boil water really puts it in perspective - phew, I thought I was sweating up in Maine last week...

Old 08-04-2011, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
Tint job makes it a real pimpmobile -total debadge w/ only the hemi power and Coyote's chrome tips would really make it official!!

Half the heat to boil water really puts it in perspective - phew, I thought I was sweating up in Maine last week...
My outdoor thermometer now says 114F, Weather Underground's guy a few miles away and 106" lower altitude has it at 108F.. I'm sipping margarita's in front of fan that is blowing at full tilt.. I have the A/C set at 80 and it has yet to kick off... Ya'll come on down, you wouldn't believe the size of the dry sauna I have just outside the front door.. It works very well, I guarantee you'll break a sweat in less than 3 minutes stripped down to your boxer shorts.. Bill the conversion to Celsius is 45.6, 30 is the same as our night time low of 86F, what we here see as a daily high on late October on in to November. I'd be outside play catch with the dog, walking or working on the car, bike, truck, tractor, mini bike, motor scooter, motorcycle or one of the other pieces of crap that needs my attention..Right now it is the old lady's day off so it is she that is getting it.. I'm taking a break right now.

Quick Reply: My 09 GE Taffy is all nice and shiny again