Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

The Official Lunar Mist Metallic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepants
Did no one buy this color???
Well, given how scarce the Base model is, and that this color is only for the base model, it makes it even more scarce.

Old 07-02-2006, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
Cool looking LBM

Originally Posted by verily
I've posted up two new pics to my Flickr account. I've been toying with the white balance on my camera to see if I can adjust for the sunlight, so the blue can be seen better on two of the pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/calel/
Nice pics Verily. I think the Lunar Blue Mist is the best looking color.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
Lunar Mist is a great color. I was interested in that, but found out it was only on the Sport model. I opted for the Sport mainly because of cruise control and the Aux port. Now that I've got the Storm Silver, I'm happy with it, and attached to my car. Kind of like when I wanted a yellow lab, and fell in love with the black lab mix at the shelter. Now he's my shadow and the only dog for me. (My mechanic gets why I'm attached to the dog, but laughs at me for getting attached to cars.)

Old 07-04-2006, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by verily
Works for me if there's no widespread Lunar Mist love. Just means I won't see too many dupes of my car on the road. Also, keep in mind this is a Base only model and most people are buying Sports.

Here's a link to the thread with my pics: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-photos-videos/4297-anyone-have-pix-lunar-mist.html

It's been really overcast lately, so I'll snap another shot or two to try and get a better representation of Lunar Mist out in the wild.

Also, Honda uses the Lunar Mist model for a lot of its online pics.
Verily--Great photos, thanks for posting.

I've been waiting since April for my LMM MT Fit. I'm also in Austin area and working thru Howdy Honda. I had read about the Fit for months but waited until I could see one in person before putting down a deposit. On 4/19 I saw the second one to arrive in Austin, (VBP base MT and the sales guy told me he had seen only 2 but already sold 28. I could not test drive it as it was already sold. All of them are sold before they get here. When I put down deposit I was told delivery date would be "June-July" but that has now been pushed back to August. I understand that people ordering now will wait until Feb.--don't know if that is for this very model or for a Fit period. Howdy is a popular dealership because they aren't predatory.

I hope the August delivery stands firm because my present beloved vehicle ('87 Toyota Tercel wagon) has rapidly fading AC and I'm NOT going to fix that. Anyone up north want a tried-and-true, reliable vehicle for BASIC transportation? This puppy has never let me down and still has lots of life in it, and lovely high clearance which I will miss in the Fit.

I have not seen a SINGLE Fit on the road yet, though a friend of mine saw a LMM MT at the HEB in Bastrop last week. Yours?????

Old 10-05-2006, 01:53 PM
I ordered a lunar mist base today. Dealer said maybe January. Dealer said they usually only order sports. Mine will be the first base they have had.
We will see if I really get one.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
I want to see a hooked up Lunar Mist one of these days..... I think it's a nice color! Although VBP is Better!

Old 10-20-2006, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
I don't want to get in a spitting match with anyone over what color is "better" because it is all a matter of personal taste.

However, this forum has a lot of testimony about paint problems some of the darker colors are experiencing. When I parked my LMM Fit beside a VBP Fit for a few minutes on Main St in Bastrop last week, lack of nice shine (missing or inadequate clearcoat perhaps?) was extremely evident on the VPB compared to the LMM. Sorry, no pics to prove this; just my observation. Of course, I do wash mine regularly and I've waxed it once or twice in the 2 months since I bought it . . .

Despite some of the disparaging remarks that appear elsewhere on this forum about LMM as a COLOR, it was my fave by far from the git go. In this hot climate, light colors seem more adaptive. That goes for the interior too.

I just love my LMM MT Fit and it gets compliments everywhere I go.

Old 10-20-2006, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
I have a Lunar Mist Base Auto on order through Mechanicsville Honda in Richmond, VA, that's supposed to be built today. Long story short, we're going to cancel our order with the dealer, making this one up for grabs. It'll probably arrive at the dealership around Thanksgiving.

I wanted the FitFreak group to have first knowledge of it, before we tell the dealership to find another buyer. We have a $500 deposit on the car that will be refunded to us, so I'm assuming you'll have to drop a deposit via credit card, to get the buyer's order written up. Please PM me if you're interested, and we'll see if we can arrange the timing.

Old 10-20-2006, 09:08 PM
This thread needs more pics.....

Old 10-21-2006, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
No spitting match necessary, I did say that i like the color didn't i?

Old 10-21-2006, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
If the color had been available here and on the AT, I probably would have gone with Lunar Mist. Now that I have my Storm Silver, I do love it -- and of course I'm attached to my Fit, so to me it's the prettiest car on the road. Just took the dogs to the vet in it this morning, so now I have a lot of hair to get out of the upholstery. After seeing all those food photos, though, I got hungry, so vacuuming will have to wait!

Old 11-03-2006, 11:39 AM
"offical" order went in this week. Lunar mist auto. Classic honda Streetsboughro Ohio. Supposed to be here Feb. From the posts looks like fits do ok in snow.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
i think the lunar mist colored fits will be like how the midori ek civics were. at first not a popular color...but once people start making it into a nice looking car with mods/whatnot, everyone will be trying to find one

for example.........

Old 02-14-2007, 11:15 AM
It's here but I can't get at it

My new Lunar fit is HERE!!!! but there is so much snow we can not get to it. Roads closed, no school etc. It probably wouldn't do too well in 3 feet of snow anyway. Waited 4 months the last few days driving me nuts.
Will post pictures when I get my hands on the car

Old 02-14-2007, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lmfit
My new Lunar fit is HERE!!!! but there is so much snow we can not get to it. Roads closed, no school etc. It probably wouldn't do too well in 3 feet of snow anyway. Waited 4 months the last few days driving me nuts.
Will post pictures when I get my hands on the car
WOW pics of a members ride and it's a Lunar Mist!!!

Old 02-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Smile It's here and home

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/3996/mvc008sio2.jpg

new lunar mist can't get picture to show will work on it tomorow. Car really is nice

Last edited by lmfit; 02-15-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:05 PM
I got one, Will post some pics this week. I'm taking some for the August Fit of the Month contest!

Old 08-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by lmfit
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/3996/mvc008sio2.jpg

new lunar mist can't get picture to show will work on it tomorow. Car really is nice
I thought that the beige color interior was deleted for 08?

Old 08-27-2007, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
I thought that the beige color interior was deleted for 08?
It is, this is an 07 because it is Lunar Mist they stopped this color and replaced it with Tidewater Blue

Old 08-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by SpoonSportFit
It is, this is an 07 because it is Lunar Mist they stopped this color and replaced it with Tidewater Blue
Ohhh yeah thats right...I always get tidewater blue and Lunar mist confused

Quick Reply: The Official Lunar Mist Metallic Thread