Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

I was productive today FEELS SO GOOD

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 02:04 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Thumbs up I was productive today FEELS SO GOOD

Alright, in case you didn't know I have lost the fog lights on 3 seperate occasions already, once popping the whole housing out, but it didn't break, It broke the mount, so I epoxy'd it a while back. Now both lenses are shattered. The car is now 10 months old with 22k miles of commuting, and the fogs and AC condenser are gettin pummeld. Got a grille on the way but did DIY today.

First up, got a foot of 3000k LaminX(basically tape my busted headlights together til they really break) Hard to do a good LaminX on shattered lenses.

Holds together pretty well, the lights were both working this time but hopefully the LaminX will hold up a while.

Masked off the fog surrounds and painted it with Vibration damper and Sound insualting Vehicle Undercoat. It's a rubberized coating, so it will last longer than the OEM paint thats already beat.

Pulled off the pegs and Rearsets for gunmetal coating on my RR(mid process)

LaminX my high beam, and left Low Beam 6000K HID(now I can use high beams in the fog)

Preparation (like my bolt holders)

Once the coating dried on the Fog Surrounds got the finished product, Looks much better

the bolts with gunmetal coating

It's actually a nice metallic gunmetal texture coat super durable

The RR heatshield in flat black, and my pegs and rearset pieces in gunmetal metallic. Gonna spend tommorrow cleaning it up making sure it looks good.

Then I used a jigsaw and dremel to make a sleeper intake that wont adverseley affect performance, lets in more air, sounds nice, air flow aperature doubled, uses factory mounts. I sanded and rounded all edges to look like it came that way, and it still hooks up to the hose. I am REALLY liking it.

Light output with ghetto repaired fogs

Just sucks because the paint on the fog housing is better than the car, and WAAAAY more durable. Next is black billet grille to bounce those rocks, can't wait to get it.

Then I had to test my new fogs out and the Shaggs DIY Airbox hack, and I am very pleased with the sights, sounds, and the imaginary butt dyno gains. Plus, I can tell how good my gas mileage is by if I can hear the hampster running or not, so its kind of an ECOmod . Won't know until the next few tanks.

Here is the engine idling with airbox mod(looks and sounds stock)
08 Fit Sport with DIY intake Idling Video by Shaggs - MySpace Video

A little revvy rev
08 Honda Fit Sport AT DIY Intake Rev Video by Shaggs - MySpace Video

right turn and accelerate to 50 (in a 50zone)
08 Honda Fit Sport AT DIY Intake Short drive acceleration Video by Shaggs - MySpace Video

And just at a cruise of 45 its dead silent, and some varying revs/accel different pedal pressures
08 Honda Fit Sport DIY Airbox Mod cruise and varying throttle Video by Shaggs - MySpace Video

And this is how it looks, pretty dammed like a bone stock commuter mobile. You really gotta try to look for it. And I made this out of a spare, so If I get a ticket ever, which hopefully never happens, I have the unmodified one for C.A.R.B. test only spec.

I really can't wait to finish my pegs and rearsets, And I am really jacked at how clean and easy everything went(I hate cleaning with a passion, unless its cars, or my naked girlfriend, or maybe a combo). But thought I would share a great easy mod with no problems. It still has both factory airbox drains functional, and you gotta be over the headlights to hydrolock. I'm most excited about how the bike will look, but the DIY sleeper style is definitely nice, especially if you take the time to do it clean. I am on this whole productive kick lately, and its been good stuff.

And my beautiful girlfriend got my name tattooed on her thigh under the panty line about 7inches I guess. Looks pretty good, and it feels pretty sweet she would brand herself. Shes a keeper! And I even spent the time to post this thread, which is immense with the amount of pics and vids and hosting and everything working. I need some beer now, life is good.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
congrads!!

Old 04-07-2009, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
pix of said girlfriend's tattoo?

Old 04-07-2009, 09:46 AM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
pix of said girlfriend's tattoo?
Why would you ask to see a tattoo on another man's GF with his name???
O yeah I forgot who you was for a second...............

Old 04-07-2009, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
ahhaha hondajunkie

nice work shaggs

Old 04-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
my airbox ftw haha

Old 04-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by dewthedew
my airbox ftw haha
+PedoMatt picture = priceless

Especially since we are both Matt's, and I totally look anytime chicks have tattoos. Chicks get tats(and so do guys) so they can show people certain body parts as part of a conversation casually. I love when girls get into tattoo comparo's, its just good to be present at the time.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:41 PM
^^Especially when they are below the panty line! Airbox mods FTW! I gotta do the bedliner thing on my fogs soon my bumper looks even worse than yours does. Nice work meng.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:02 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope
+PedoMatt picture = priceless

Especially since we are both Matt's, and I totally look anytime chicks have tattoos. Chicks get tats(and so do guys) so they can show people certain body parts as part of a conversation casually. I love when girls get into tattoo comparo's, its just good to be present at the time.
Me 2 but I dont go around asking to see other guys GF's tattoo's I know are in a place I shouldnt (RESPECTFULLY) be looking, even if were all friends. I would expect to have to have to hurt somebody behind that, but maybey thats just me. I guess thats the beauty of the internet, you can say what you want and not have to worry. Besides It was a joke anyway you know that pick is funny.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
the airbox mod looks good! did you cut out the baffles inside the box too? i have to finish mine so i can finally post pics.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
If only she would WASH the fit. She has put all the miles on it but I am the one who always washes it. I should tell her after the rain stops she needs to give the fit some love via bikini car wash, so the fit and tat can be photographed together. I left the baffles in, it keeps it a tiny bit quieter. I love how smoothe it sounds now.

I'm hooked on this spray, its handy as ****, but very messy

Last edited by Shaggs2Dope; 04-07-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
this thread ****ing rocks!

Old 04-07-2009, 09:46 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope
Some love via bikini

Ok Ok let me get serious again for a sec. I wonder how hard it would be to redo your creation in a smoother carbon fiber version you and i-kona need to hook up on this.

Last edited by HONDAJUNKIE; 04-08-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
lol this thread is so full of win!

Old 04-07-2009, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
also: the ONLY reason i asked for pictures of his gf, is because on the internet, whenever someone mentions their wife/gf/sister/female friend it's "pix or ban"

Old 04-07-2009, 10:30 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
also: the ONLY reason i asked for pictures of his gf, is because on the internet, whenever someone mentions their wife/gf/sister/female friend it's "pix or ban"
OK???????????????
I dont think you own anybody a explaination. I guess this is where I should stop making jokes, before a thread get locked, because of my misunderstood sence of humor.

I wonder if this mod will require you to clean or replace the filter more often? I guess a better reusable drop in filter is in order anyway. I am also curious as to weither this this acually makes more power

Old 04-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
The air filter was pretty dirty at 22k, not ridiculously, but DewTheDew was nice enough to send a fresh air filter inside the new housing, so it was like a 2for1. I am gonna get a K&N for it soon though, as all my other vehicles are running K&N, and I have a couple filtercharger kits.

AND

Just a closeup of the tat my girl got on her thigh under her panty line. One of these days I will see what pics I can get of her with the fit or the RR + bikini when the weather gets warmer.

Also, received my Krypton Purple Showoff bulbs so the fit has Purple headlights, high wattage, and yellow fogs, looks nice, and great output, same light pattern.

Last edited by Shaggs2Dope; 04-09-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:56 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Does it feel more powerful to you or not with the modification to the air box

Old 04-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
It still feels slow as shit, especially considering every vehicle I have ever owned is faster than the fit substantially, even my datsun in its prime would dust the fit. It does feel like it helped on acceleration tho. Doubling the Hole basically lets 2x as much air during hard suction. It felt a lil beefier than stock, but some could be the ear dyno. That is why I included the vids, It shows acceleration 0-50 in an auto fit(tryin not to post videos of breakin speed laws). I would definitely reccomend it to anyone. Plus, when I get the K&N in there it should be as good as any other intake, seeing how drop in filters add 3-4hp while whole intakes make 5-6. If I got even one HP or any MPG increases I will be happy. It really seems smoother to me, less anemic. Watch the vid, compare it to a stock AT fit. All I can reccomend. Not gonna pay for a dyno on a fit for a low dollar mod meant to growl a lil on accel so as to have a lil audible fun.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
o babby. matthews ftw!

Quick Reply: I was productive today FEELS SO GOOD