Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Rainy boring sunday.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Gotenkz00
did you make any modifications to the coilovers?? looks really low. I LIKE!
Nope. The fronts could go a half inch lower actually. But my wheels would be hitting the fender, and the stance would be too racked. Im thinking of removing the real collars(the rears cant go any lower with out modification), bring my rears down about a half inch, then bringing the fronts down a tad. Ray doesnt approve of the idea though so idk. Personally i dont even really think my cars that low, especially the rears. Only when people say its low do i think its kinda low heh. I also relize its low at every speed bump/driveway. And the stiff/bouncy/harsh ride reminds me i must be low haha. What i find really weird is my car turns more heads then it ever did when i was on springs and had wheels. I love watching people stare are the front of my car or stare at the front wheels lol.
Stay tuned though, if i decide to stay on these wheels for a while ill be removing the collars in the back and going lower.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Old 12-15-2008, 09:47 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Itll look bad the the rear collars removed. Just my opinion...
Itll be lower in the rear than the front, thats ugly. The stance its at right now looks great. Just need some wheels with a lower offset so you can rub.

Seriously, its plenty low. And remember your next wheels will have smaller tires so if you do go lower youll have to take it all apart to raise it back up.

But really, dude. I NEVER knew how low my car was till I let Jerome drive it to Lollicup yesterday.
Could still be lower, but WOW.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Retired Moderator
My fronts would go down too though, so the rears would still be a tad bit higher. Not much though. Yeah we will see. Im thinking seat before rims now actually. Im going to a shop in SF tomorrow to take a look at what they got.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Then go for it... You probably cant tuck the fronts anymore than that with those huge tires.
Also, on the driverside just above the fender liner is a wiring harness. So if you wear through the liner, youll rub into wiring.
I saw the harness with my fenders off. Thats why Im on 14's.

P.S. A seat is a waste. :-/

Old 12-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Retired Moderator
Seat is far from a waste crazy man! You sit in your seat everytime you drive your car. It totally changes your interior expirience id say. Plus for AutoX it will be awesome, no more need to try to hold my self in the seat. Red with a CF back hehe

Old 12-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Tighten your seatbelt. I think a good set of tires would be worth WAY more than a seat in AutoX.
Theres plenty of hardcore AutoX people on here with OEM seats.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Retired Moderator
I agree, and Tires will come. I have always loved seats. Dont hate

Old 12-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
My point is tires will see a time difference, a seat wont. *shrugs*

Old 12-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Retired Moderator
True that.
Ill get more enjoyment for the money with a seat though. Like i said wheels/tires will come!

Old 12-15-2008, 10:19 PM
yeah dude, a seat would actually help your times. It will keep you firmly planted so you're not wriggling around trying to stay comfortable. I dunno, maybe some people actually think the Fit's seats are worth a damn...

Old 12-15-2008, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
ray i like the way you think!, hes right. unless your dealing with 30+ minute races on a big track, then and only then will a seat make you faster.

Word of advice.... for autox a seat is great and give you a different experience like you said, but with that suspension, riding on a piece of fiberglass or carbon makes the ride that much more harsh. The stock seat actually cushens you a lot more then youd think.

Also what are you doing about the airbag light when you get rid of the stock seat. If the drivers side light is on... 90% sure the front wheel bag wont work either. I know i saw a resistor that fools the pcm to think there is still and airbag there, just wondering what you were planning on doing (Ive considered a Evo2 in the past)

Old 12-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Retired Moderator
Im not a huge fan, yet i dont HATE the seats. Weather im in a canyon or at AutoX, the seat just doesnt keep me firmly planted enough. Im getting ready to hit AutoX hard in 2009, so seats important right now heh. Plus they look and feel cool. And ill sit lower which i have always wanted. You sit too high in the Fit.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
mm tyler i love that shit!!!!!!

<3

Old 12-16-2008, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
i wanted seats too and steering wheel. Only thing is my car is a daily driver so i need the airbags lmao. I still love the pictures though. Thats like low enough for me in maryland. *sigh* time to make money lmao

Old 12-16-2008, 02:25 PM
nice pics of your fit. your friend put his lisence plate on the side, but i think the bumper has holes there now

Old 12-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Nice drop Tyler, I have almost the same drop but the rear is lower and I rub like a b*tch lol. Makes me want to get OEMs again so I dont have to worry about it hah.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by SHG_Mike
Also what are you doing about the airbag light when you get rid of the stock seat. If the drivers side light is on... 90% sure the front wheel bag wont work either. I know i saw a resistor that fools the pcm to think there is still and airbag there, just wondering what you were planning on doing (Ive considered a Evo2 in the past)
On some vehicles at my job we remove knee airbags and what not. We put airbag shunts in place. Im sure the company that makes them would be willing to make some for the Fit if people would cough up some money.

Originally Posted by TOOL
Im not a huge fan, yet i dont HATE the seats. Weather im in a canyon or at AutoX, the seat just doesnt keep me firmly planted enough. Im getting ready to hit AutoX hard in 2009, so seats important right now heh. Plus they look and feel cool. And ill sit lower which i have always wanted. You sit too high in the Fit.
AutoX is NOT cheap. Depending on the lot/road used your tires will wear so fast. Nasty wear too. Feathered, pitted, just screwed.

Thats why Josh stopped doing them. One day his front tires would be so F-worded he just stopped.

Originally Posted by its.ryu
Nice drop Tyler, I have almost the same drop but the rear is lower and I rub like a b*tch lol. Makes me want to get OEMs again so I dont have to worry about it hah.
You should drive my car.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
On some vehicles at my job we remove knee airbags and what not. We put airbag shunts in place. Im sure the company that makes them would be willing to make some for the Fit if people would cough up some money.
Hmmm if you could look into that id be interested, just a plug an play resistor im assuming your talking about. thanks

Originally Posted by I Am Ray
AutoX is NOT cheap. Depending on the lot/road used your tires will wear so fast. Nasty wear too. Feathered, pitted, just screwed.

lol autox is practically free compare to road racing

Old 12-16-2008, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
ur fit looks like a snow plow haha