Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

RainHandbrake fun :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
alright well to stop all this online drama BS i'll just say this, im sorry you dont like my actions but i do respect people so i will respect your opinions and take it into consideration next time i do something like this. Sorry for causing so much introversy over it, i didn't want to and it just... happened. I hope you don't judge me as a whole over this one incident and i hope we can all get past it, sorry again for the inconvenience

Old 11-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Darkstars
^^^^ Exactly, if you were to make a video of this and post it of you in an empty parking lot by yourself I wouldn't complain, I would still think your an idiot, but I would have kept quite and moved on. It's the fact that your doing stuff like this in a residential neighborhood around peoples parked cars etc.. which obviously means its a populated area. If I saw someone doing that on my street I would be on the phone with the police with their license plate number in my hand.
and you have a video to proof it cuz' the smart kid post it on the internet....

Old 11-06-2008, 03:34 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
alright well to stop all this online drama BS i'll just say this, im sorry you dont like my actions but i do respect people so i will respect your opinions and take it into consideration next time i do something like this. Sorry for causing so much introversy over it, i didn't want to and it just... happened. I hope you don't judge me as a whole over this one incident and i hope we can all get past it, sorry again for the inconvenience

nah don't apologize like that dude
if they have nothing better to do than cry about your vids on the forum then they absolutely have no life

he posted this thread to show vids of him having fun and you guys have to come in here and act like assholes about it

if you don't like what you see don't post in HIS thread

Old 11-06-2008, 03:41 PM
lol....

im sure when he crash it....

,or get pull over by the popo....

he'll prob. post about it here....

and prob. will be really depress and shit...

we're just warning him about it....

i lived it and i still regret it....

in a sense, i called him out because i care about fellow fit owner....

not friggin' eggin' him on like you, bro....

me crashed on turnbull 4 years ago....

i didn't see up coming traffic while drifting AT 4AM and almost kill myself and passenger....

it's all fun and game until someone get hurt....

my baby's suspension cost 5 grand total, so i lost almost 6k to fix the whole thing...

Last edited by jeeper_x; 11-06-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
^ Ouch.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
i crashed once in my life, that was at age 14 or 15 on a canyon so i already know the consequences. I lost a friend in the sense that he hates me now cuz i owe him money for his car. I dont think of driving the same as i did before the incident. Trust me, as stupid as the videos look, im really not a careless person as i was before. I want to learn how to control a car when it's in that position cuz i lost it on a FWD car with really twitchy steering and bad alignment... I didn't know how to control it and it snap oversteered right then left then right again. Luckily i only hit the wall and he was fine, i got a black eye and burns from the airbag. Although the car only needed a radiator and new bumper, it really opened my eyes to how close it is from thinking you have it to crash. I couldn't believe it myself and i was behind the wheel, i honestly thought my head broke through the windshield.

It's definitely a long story how everything went down but ultimately i learned my lesson for real. Im not gonna sit here and lie, i ran my car lightly a few times but it wasn't easy at all. When i started going back there at first i was afraid even under the speed limit. But i figured it was a long time ago and i shouldn't let it bother me for the rest of my life. But im NEVER EVER gonna go on the opposite lanes again when im running. That wasn't the cause of my crash but it surely isnt a smart idea at all

Old 11-06-2008, 11:35 PM
If you honestly want to learn about car control take up auto X. Speeds are relative to what you'll see in real life situations, the quick movements replicate how the car will react to panic situations, you learn the cars limits and handling characteristics in safe, supervised, legal environment. I've been an active SCCA member for a couple years. If you go to the local regions school and a couple events you will learn FAR more then you ever will trying to "drift" a 100 hp fwd car around a corner using the e-brake in the rain and I guarantee you will have more fun in the process.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:38 PM
oh and to add to that, you can occasionally come across wet events where they keep the track wet and most regions will run in the rain (as long as its not raining so hard that its tripping the timing equipment.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
i totally would.. believe me

Right now im looking for a job to get money, soon as i can i'll jump on a track or autoX ASAP. There was a "teen safety" driving event hosted by tire rack i believe but it's always in other states or like northern california. They let you bring your own car too so you know how YOUR car reacts. I'll go check tire rack again right now to see if they're still holding them

http://www.streetsurvival.org/index.php
edit* here it is, but i see no future events held in cali yet

Last edited by accordguyintake; 11-07-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:08 AM
yeah. be careful on the streets. i'd be pissed if you hit my car, but i guess that's why there's insurance. nice slides though!

Old 11-07-2008, 12:10 AM
how old are you? SCCA has a program they call first gear(??? something like that) that makes auto X even more affordable to people under 21.

Also I would highly recommend auto X before an actual road course. You don't want to learn what your car can do when going 100+. It may be different other places but around here you can't just go race on the road course, most wont let you unless you have experience and the only way to get that initial experience is spending about $350 a day for there schooling. Plus auto X only requires any current Snell approved helmet so you can get a nice Snell M (motorcycle) for $100 where as road courses require a Snell SA (Sports Application) rating and they are usually over twice the price of a M. I know my SCCA region has a bunch of free loaner helmets to use to further the keep the cost down.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
im 17, i know JDMxGE8 keeps track of alot of events so i should ask him about upcoming AutoXs near my area, he said one was coming up so i'll see if i can make it

Old 11-07-2008, 01:26 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
hey jason, i met you once in person i dunno if you remember. i hope you don't take offense to what people have been saying on this thread but you should really consider their advice. it really could be dangerous, and even irresponsible to put other people's lives and property at risk, even if it is at ~20mph or if their insurance will cover damages. it's like when parents give us crap about the smallest things; yeah it's annoying as hell but in the end it's for your (our) own good. Just take their opinions to heart and make your own responsible decision(s). That's my best advice, and i hope you don't take this as me bitching you out haha. I still think you're cool.

I've been there (not to make it sound like i'm better than you, because i do not think that in any way), but i try to give my little brother advice like i'm giving you, and i just hope it can help you guys out somehow, even if it just takes away one negative incident. It's good that you want to autox when the money is there, but in the meantime i think it would be better to put things on hold instead of taking risks in its place.

Last edited by doctordoom; 11-07-2008 at 01:31 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:46 AM
i crashed once in my life, that was at age 14 or 15 on a canyon so i already know the consequences. I lost a friend in the sense that he hates me now cuz i owe him money for his car. I dont think of driving the same as i did before the incident. Trust me, as stupid as the videos look, im really not a careless person as i was before. I want to learn how to control a car when it's in that position cuz i lost it on a FWD car with really twitchy steering and bad alignment... I didn't know how to control it and it snap oversteered right then left then right again. Luckily i only hit the wall and he was fine, i got a black eye and burns from the airbag. Although the car only needed a radiator and new bumper, it really opened my eyes to how close it is from thinking you have it to crash. I couldn't believe it myself and i was behind the wheel, i honestly thought my head broke through the windshield.

It's definitely a long story how everything went down but ultimately i learned my lesson for real. Im not gonna sit here and lie, i ran my car lightly a few times but it wasn't easy at all. When i started going back there at first i was afraid even under the speed limit. But i figured it was a long time ago and i shouldn't let it bother me for the rest of my life. But im NEVER EVER gonna go on the opposite lanes again when im running. That wasn't the cause of my crash but it surely isnt a smart idea at all
you still own the guy money and you're still doing this?

man, i can't believe this kid.....

**** the AutoX school....

you should get a job, grow some balls, and pay him back like a man....

Old 11-07-2008, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member
JEEPER X youre mean! =P lol jsut kidding man lol man soo much drama what the heck?! well jason good thread =D youll learn your lesson one day lol but keep it up =P have you ever try going to mt runs? its alot funner than in neighborhoods but alittle bit risky =P *bump* again for sick power sliding =D see you at the autocross if you go this weekend =D

Old 11-07-2008, 04:55 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
YouTube - Honda Fit Test in parking lot + e-brake FAIL

also in a crowded parking structure?

Old 11-07-2008, 06:15 AM
5 Year Member
i'm not trying to be a dick believe me you would know if i was going out in public and doing this is dumb plain and simple. it gives us a bad name and makes my insurance go up.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:46 AM
5 Year Member
yeah i've been canyon running a few times, stock tires are scary

- and like i said its a complicated story about that guy. We were friends AFTER the incident and he KNEW that i couldnt pay him back and accepted it. he is slightly mental and tried to drive his broken car overheating up a hill... The engine seized and stopped working. He tried to make me pay 100 bucks for towing and i was like "it's not my fault you killed your car" we would always get into stupid little girl fights so i thought this was just another one of them. Nope this time he really meant it i guess. But the story was even more complicated than that. He was REALLY poor at the time and i was paying for alot of his gas and food etc, basically all my allowance went to "driving lessons" and feeding his ass. i told him that but being his stubborn self wouldnt acknowledge it. His BEST friend of 8 years and my good friend too stopped being his best friend cuz he changed for the worse. My advice from him was to not pay him back. I will once i get a job, i plan on dedicating every 4th paycheck or 1/4 of every paycheck to pay him back. that's one of the reasons im looking for a job. But like i said, its complicated so dont assume the worst

Well anyway im getting real sick of hearing you put me down on everything so w/e, lets really just drop it now. you think you know me and where i come from and what i've been through but you dont, im not your typical person and i dont do typical things so just.. yeahh drop it please alright? I know you mean good to teach me stuff but trying to tease through it isnt teaching me a thing. Find something else to do in your life cuz im over this. peace.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:52 AM
5 Year Member
yeah i've been canyon running a few times, stock tires are scary

- and like i said its a complicated story about that guy. We were friends AFTER the incident and he KNEW that i couldnt pay him back and accepted it. he is slightly mental and tried to drive his broken car overheating up a hill... The engine seized and stopped working. He tried to make me pay 100 bucks for towing and i was like "it's not my fault you killed your car" we would always get into stupid little girl fights so i thought this was just another one of them. Nope this time he really meant it i guess. But the story was even more complicated than that. He was REALLY poor at the time and i was paying for alot of his gas and food etc, basically all my allowance went to "driving lessons" and feeding his ass. i told him that but being his stubborn self wouldnt acknowledge it. His BEST friend of 8 years and my good friend too stopped being his best friend cuz he changed for the worse. My advice from him was to not pay him back. I will once i get a job, i plan on dedicating every 4th paycheck or 1/4 of every paycheck to pay him back. that's one of the reasons im looking for a job. But like i said, its complicated so dont assume the worst

Well anyway im getting real sick of hearing you put me down on everything so w/e, lets really just drop it now. you think you know me and where i come from and what i've been through but you dont, im not your typical person and i dont do typical things so just.. yeahh drop it please alright? I know you mean good to teach me stuff but trying to tease through it isnt teaching me a thing. Find something else to do in your life cuz im over this. peace.
Try to keep your head up. I know a lot of us were hard on you. I'm sorry, but we're just looking out for you bro. We're not telling you stop. You can do as you wish, but just be careful and be smart about it. I used to touge a lot 4-5 years ago. I used to do it going flat out, possible at 8-9/10ths. Which was really stupid. I could've flown off a cliff or lost control and crash into an on coming car. Then I realized that I couldn't really unleash my full potential on a public road. So I decided to get into track events. Oh man, after my first event, I was hooked. It was the correct place to put what I've learned in the touge into action. Plus it's in a safe environment. Remember at the last 714 meet when I met you? When you tried to do a power slide as you were leaving? I honestly thought it was stupid. If the businesses around were still open, they would've complained and the 714 meets would've had to be relocated somewhere else. Little things like that are what you have to think about. I see a lot of potential in you. You have very good car control. But keep it on the track.

Last edited by JDMxGE8; 11-07-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
okay, you see reading a post like that as opposed to those other ones are much more helpful. I thank you for telling me that and although i slightly understood that before, i get it even more now. I'm gonna see if i can borrow a helmet and try to attend the AutoX event with you guys

Quick Reply: RainHandbrake fun :)