Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

My new baby - had her 2 days now...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Is it heading for us? I thought NO was going to get it again!

Unfortunately I don't have a garage, just a carport. I might just hop in and leave town! Ha ha, like during Rita...that was crazy...We stayed, did you? My kid was really mad at me because I told him if we lost power, we would eat all the ice cream in the freezer instead of letting it melt...of course we didn't lose power at all.

I hate hurricanes.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
So glad that another Fit Freak girl is enjoying her car! Yeah! The Absorber is one of my favorite detailing items and they really are nice for pulling off the water after a wash. Just make sure you use really nice microfiber towels that are not scratchy. The paint on these babies are prone to swirling and I never will again take mine through the hand wash places. They really bring out the swirls with their dirty mits and grime that gets passed from one car to the next.

Cat
So do you use the absorber thingie to dry it off with too, as in rubbing, or just blotting? I did wipe the car with that but it's hard to move because it's so rubbery...Should I get towels too?

Old 08-30-2008, 12:34 PM
When I went to testdrive a Fit, it was that color lol. I honestly didn't like it then, and I still kinda don't. It just doesn't mesh well with any other colors. Like if you wanted vinyl graphics or colored rims, it would look kinda weird. But hey, it's unique, and I'm happy to welcome another freak here, so I ain't hatin on ya. I feel you about parking away from everyone lol the guys on base know I do that so they act like jerkoffs and park next to me sometimes just to piss me off >

Old 08-30-2008, 12:38 PM
I use microfiber or terry towels. Chamois' don't work too well imo water spots still show up no matter what I do on black. I really don't go all out anymore. Just a quick wash for $2 and quickly wipe the water off with a bunch of towels before water spots develop. I want a sticker that says I HATE WATERSPOTS lol or DIE WATERSPOTS DIE!

Old 08-30-2008, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
When I went to testdrive a Fit, it was that color lol. I honestly didn't like it then, and I still kinda don't. It just doesn't mesh well with any other colors. Like if you wanted vinyl graphics or colored rims, it would look kinda weird. But hey, it's unique, and I'm happy to welcome another freak here, so I ain't hatin on ya. I feel you about parking away from everyone lol the guys on base know I do that so they act like jerkoffs and park next to me sometimes just to piss me off >
Hey, everybody has their preferences for colors...I know that purple ain't everybody's thing - I think you either hate it or you LOVE it! I'm so taken by it that I'm surprised because everyone on the road doesn't seem to be admiring my car...I don't take anything personally, don't worry! Well, maybe if you called me a beyotch to my face...but I'd probably just laugh and walk away "Yeah, what about it?"

Did u see the blackberry thread where a freak put white rims on his BBP? It looks goooood! I would totally do that but my kids would make fun of me...plus it's not in the budget right now.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:18 PM
yeah white rims are the only color that would look right on BBP. OR bbp-painted rims lol that would be effing awesome actually. Paint your stock wheels BBP!!!! lol would you do it if I started the FIRST FITFREAK FUN(D)RAISER? ;D that is a lot of F's!

Old 08-30-2008, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
I would Fork over the Fivers for the First Fitfreaks Fun-Raising Festival! I guess Honda would have to suppy the paint, though and it would be $$$$ if a little tube of it costs $20 or so... What does touch-up paint cost anyway?

Old 08-30-2008, 02:57 PM
hey congrats, did you get the (fit)3rd brake light?

Old 08-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Finally...congratz on yr new baby

Originally Posted by Juliane
What does touch-up paint cost anyway?
$ 4.87 @ Bernardi Honda part

Old 08-30-2008, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by car_car's fit
hey congrats, did you get the (fit)3rd brake light?
Not yet, he said he would have one this week, but I'm giving him another week just for safety.

I'm going to blow the budget next week - don't tell hubby! Window tint, 3rd brake light, plates and taxes, eeeeekkk!

Old 08-30-2008, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
nice bbp sport glad everything worked out if you need a set of oem locking lugs pm me i think i have an extra set

Old 08-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Juliane
I would Fork over the Fivers for the First Fitfreaks Fun-Raising Festival! I guess Honda would have to suppy the paint, though and it would be $$$$ if a little tube of it costs $20 or so... What does touch-up paint cost anyway?
lol nice, you killed me with the F-filled sentence. I won't even try to top that YOU WIN

Yeah it might cost you between 100-200 to get your wheels painted BBP using touchup. Unless they make a spraycan of it maybe?

Old 08-30-2008, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
lol nice, you killed me with the F-filled sentence. I won't even try to top that YOU WIN

Yeah it might cost you between 100-200 to get your wheels painted BBP using touchup. Unless they make a spraycan of it maybe?
I'm an English major - you haven't even begun to test me! The matching wheels would be sick. Or maybe I could just do stripes on the stock wheels...like op art...ewwwww...make you nauseous to look at it..

Old 08-30-2008, 09:32 PM
dude tag those wheels! BBP GRAFFITI FO SHEEZY lol It would look better than it does NOW.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:13 PM
How the heck do you create a new Post? I want to find out if anyone has seen a 2009 Fit in the Tidewater Blue Metallic color and if any photos of it exist?

Thanks, Andrew Clifton

Old 08-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Fa1
Old 08-30-2008, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
dude tag those wheels! BBP GRAFFITI FO SHEEZY lol It would look better than it does NOW.
Oh, yeahhhhhhh....tagged wheels! Now that would be something to see, wouldn't it??? Maybe THEN people would look at my car!!! Heh.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:40 AM
there's a guy on here, forgot his name/handle, but he has a white Fit with vinyl on the side and a tagged hood, looks pretty good too lol. I look for people to notice my car, too. I'm a bit vain, not proud of it really, but I like approval of my good taste in cars

Old 08-31-2008, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
Car looks great, congrats!

Just one bit of advice on the chrome tip, forget the OEM one, its very cheap. You can get a much nice one aftermarket. And make sure you get a polished stainless one, not chrome, will last MUCH longer. I out 2 oval ones on my Pilot that would work on the Fit I am pretty sure. Its got a nice rolled edge also, much better than the Honda one. You can get it at Pepboys as well. Or even better go to an exhaust shop and have them weld a real nice one on.

PS If you really want an OEM one shoot me a PM, mines just sitting in the garage!

Old 08-31-2008, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
there's a guy on here, forgot his name/handle, but he has a white Fit with vinyl on the side and a tagged hood, looks pretty good too lol. I look for people to notice my car, too. I'm a bit vain, not proud of it really, but I like approval of my good taste in cars
I saw that on some other thread! I thought it might be photoshopped! It's real, then. Wow. I'll have to go back and look again.

When my Fit is next to hubby's 4Runner, I can really see how small it is! But it doesn't feel small, and it isn't small on the inside, so I'm happy. It's smaller than my '95 Camry which son inherited. Funny that my first new car is a sub-compact. But I'm a practical gal above everything and for the money, nothing beats this car. That's why I'm here! I was an instant Freak the first time I test-drove it. It just took me a few weeks to realize I was already hooked.

Quick Reply: My new baby - had her 2 days now...