Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Finally, After Two Years!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
awesomeeee

Old 08-10-2008, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
Ahhhh, but you forgot the rest of the story......where the Fit originally came from.

Drive safe.

Enjoy.

You're welcome

Cheers

Old 08-11-2008, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry guys, I'd like to get back to you each individually, but it's late and I'm tired. I still need to look up some tint shops on the intrawebs tonight because I'm going to go check them out tomorrow morning and hopefully set up an appointment for Tuesday/Wednesday.

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations on both my birthday and the new Fit.

And Dad - I'll be sure to drive safe. I know I goof around every once and awhile but I always try to do right by you. Again, thanks so much for everything.

I'll be sure to tell the rest of the story of where it came from tomorrow when I come back with an update on the tint shops.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Alright, I think I found out where I am going to go for tint. I've decided on 35% front 20% rear. Hopefully that will get done tomorrow.

Now as to the rest of the story......

The funny thing is my dad went to a local Honda dealership first to see if they had a Fit/could get one. They didn't have any sports with a 5spd manual and said they couldn't order any more at that time. So he went to another dealer which he used to work for (Grainger Honda). They had a blue sport with a 5spd but it had pinstripes and the interior protectant package which he didnt want to pay for. He told them if it didnt have all that crap on it he would buy it. They told him he was S.O.L. Well, he called up Hughes Honda because they had a blue Fit sport 5spd listed on autotrader. They said they didn't actually have one, but they had a silver sport automatic that they could do a dealer trade with to get the one he wanted. He told them that would be great if they could do that. Turns out we looked at the sticker and guess what ....... it was the same Fit that was at Grainger, except they took off the pinstripes for us when we got there. Bahaha, suckers!

Old 08-11-2008, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
wow! congrats. nice car.

i had a similar experience with my first car, except i bought the car but my dad would brag to the neighbors that he bought it for me. pretty lame.

good luck with the new ride. i like your legend too.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
vn congrats on the fit!

Old 08-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
that's an awesome story man
you're one lucky dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by LegendLover
Alright, I think I found out where I am going to go for tint. I've decided on 35% front 20% rear. Hopefully that will get done tomorrow.
Might I chime in before you get the tint tomorrow and put a vote in for 20% all around... I went with 20% all around along with V-Cool on the windshield and its perfect for the Fit. Its dark enough for the daytime and light enough for night time driving... 35% isnt dark enough IMO... Good luck with whatever you decide to go with!

Old 08-11-2008, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F.IT
Might I chime in before you get the tint tomorrow and put a vote in for 20% all around... I went with 20% all around along with V-Cool on the windshield and its perfect for the Fit. Its dark enough for the daytime and light enough for night time driving... 35% isnt dark enough IMO... Good luck with whatever you decide to go with!
Hmm...... The guy at the tint shop already said that with the fit, 20% in the rear is going to be illegal so my tint job is going to be under the radar. So I'll definitely think about 20% all around. Time to go digging for pictures!

Old 08-11-2008, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F.IT
i would second that, georgia seems to be pretty tolerant of tint along with a lot of southern states, so you could probably get away with that pretty easily. 20% all around always looks better than two darknesses.

i went with 18% on the rear and 50% in the front since PA and a lot of police in northern states are very stuck up about tint. its even hard for the gate guard to see my badge where i work even with 50%. so it still seems dark enough but i know the same tint all around would look the best. the visor strip across the top of the windshield is pretty sweet to have too especially if you end up getting a set of mugen/oem access door vent visors.

but yeah g/l with what you decide, 35%/20% will look great anyway

georgia's tint limit is 32% VLT and a max of 6" visor strip... i'm jealous.. haha (pennsylvania's is 70% VLT and cops are jerks about it, practically like no tint at all)
south carolina's is 27% VLT
florida is 28% front 15% rear (lucky!)

Last edited by Fat Ping Cat; 08-11-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fat Ping Cat
i would second that, georgia seems to be pretty tolerant of tint along with a lot of southern states, so you could probably get away with that pretty easily. 20% all around always looks better than two darknesses.

i went with 18% on the rear and 50% in the front since PA and a lot of police in northern states are very stuck up about tint. its even hard for the gate guard to see my badge where i work even with 50%. so it still seems dark enough but i know the same tint all around would look the best. the visor strip across the top of the windshield is pretty sweet to have too especially if you end up getting a set of mugen/oem access door vent visors.

but yeah g/l with what you decide, 35%/20% will look great anyway
Thanks for the input! It definitely does look better all the same % tint, but I don't think 35% all around is dark enough and that's why I was thinking about 35%/20%rear.

Next up is a FitFreak.net sticker and then I am waiting at least a month before anything else so that I can get settled into my dorm and make sure my financial situation is okay. Who is the go to person now for stickers?

Old 08-12-2008, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tofuman
wow! congrats. nice car.

i had a similar experience with my first car, except i bought the car but my dad would brag to the neighbors that he bought it for me. pretty lame.

good luck with the new ride. i like your legend too.

Thanks. That is pretty lame. Did your dad do it to mess with you, like a joke? Thanks for the complements on the Legend.

Originally Posted by kancerr
vn congrats on the fit!
Thank you sir

Originally Posted by kyle.
that's an awesome story man
you're one lucky dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is quite the awesome story. Thanks very much! I hope one day you can get your very own Fit too!

Old 08-12-2008, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
So the tint job went smoothly today. It ended up raining all day so pictures aren't the greatest. I ended up with 35% front 20% rear. So I guess that makes this my second (kinda) mod. The first was plastic washers on all four corners of the bumpers . Tomorrow I might go for a full blown photo shoot. So expect a new thread. I need to get started with some mods!

Last edited by Craiggers; 08-12-2008 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Forgot the pics. Doh!
Old 08-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by LegendLover
Thanks. That is pretty lame. Did your dad do it to mess with you, like a joke? Thanks for the complements on the Legend.

Thank you sir

It is quite the awesome story. Thanks very much! I hope one day you can get your very own Fit too!
ughh, you and me both!
i don't know if i'll have an awesome story, but hopefully i'll either be rockin' a MT VBP like you or an MT TW (used, definitely not a 09)

tint looks GREAT,
and what camera are you using?
pictures look nice and sharp

Old 08-12-2008, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kyle.
ughh, you and me both!
i don't know if i'll have an awesome story, but hopefully i'll either be rockin' a MT VBP like you or an MT TW (used, definitely not a 09)

tint looks GREAT,
and what camera are you using?
pictures look nice and sharp

Well if you don't want an '09 it looks like you are going to have to go used, so in that case definitely go for the TW (my first choice)! Thanks for the complement on the tint.

My camera is a Nikon D40 and for most of my shots I use the kit lense.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
Tint looks good.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:38 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
oh yeah for sure i'm getting a used
i will definitely try very hard for TW, but they're hard to come by...
i'll be happy with ANY color

Old 08-13-2008, 01:40 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
oh, and nikon D40 FTMFW

Old 08-13-2008, 09:49 AM
man make sure to hug ur parents thats a kick ass gift

i had a 89 acura legend L coupe 5spd i miss that car dearly

Old 08-14-2008, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wrussi
man make sure to hug ur parents thats a kick ass gift

i had a 89 acura legend L coupe 5spd i miss that car dearly
Yeah I think they deserve extra hugs for this one.

It rained all day today so I didn't go for a photo shoot, but I did get some Nokya Hyper Yellow fog bulbs and installed them. Here are some comparison shots:

The other photo didn't show it very well because the shutter was open too long and the lights got washed out but the fogs are really yellow. This photo really shows the difference:

I went out to see the light output and I had my camera along, but I forgot the tripod so I ended up only taking a few shots, but they all turned out bad because I couldn't find a well lit area. I ended up putting the camera on a box and got this okay picture but there is a lot of glare because the lights were shining right into the camera.

Quick Reply: Finally, After Two Years!