Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

5/10/08 Bay Area Meet/cruise(pics and vids thread)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 12:46 AM
Retired Moderator
5/10/08 Bay Area Meet/cruise(pics and vids thread)

We had a great meet today, met up in a parking lot and from there took off towards some great canyon roads! Did some spirted driving, by the time we stopped at the end of the road all we could smell is breaks burning lol.
It was a blast! Ill post all my pics first, then everyone who took pics and vids can post them here!
Enjoy!

Base dropped on Si wheels, Mmmm looked soo clean!

Ivans car back on the painted stockers

Preparing Ivans "camera car"(vids to come!)

Camera ON!

Letting the brakes cool a bit after the run through the canyon

I have more pics to come stay tuned!

Tyler

Last edited by TOOL; 05-11-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
cool tyler.

btw, *brakes

Old 05-11-2008, 12:52 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
videos you say? haha i hope ivan puts some of his inspirational music into the vids again. hahaha

Old 05-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Looks like a good mini meet. Si's Tyle! There goes your idea. Probably *past* idea now.
Pics look pretty good too.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Looks like a good mini meet. Si's Tyle! There goes your idea. Probably *past* idea now.
Pics look pretty good too.
Definetly my past idea now haha, they look sweet though! Im about to add more piccies of it in a sec.

Tyler

Old 05-11-2008, 01:07 AM
Retired Moderator
*Added two more.

Tyler

Old 05-11-2008, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
more more more moreeee!!!

Old 05-11-2008, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
Lookin good guys! Too bad we couldn't have conjoined the two meets from today into one huge one.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
waht!!!?!??? norcal and CT???
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
Lookin good guys! Too bad we couldn't have conjoined the two meets from today into one huge one.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
That's what I was pointing out... that we both had meets going but the distance was too great that we couldn't have had one big one .

Old 05-11-2008, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
It suck that I have to miss this one

Old 05-11-2008, 02:15 AM
5 Year Member
looks like a good meet guys, too bad i couldnt make this one.

Tyler, arent our roads, through the mountains and not canyons?

Old 05-11-2008, 02:44 AM
5 Year Member
omg, Ciburri made it.. I'm so mad =[

I wanted to go.

Old 05-11-2008, 03:30 AM
awesome pics!

Old 05-11-2008, 04:07 AM
nice pictures tyler. it was great meeting you guys all. i dont mind the drive from sacramento to meet you guys up hope we can do it again next month.

Le

Old 05-11-2008, 05:21 AM
5 Year Member
Video!

Guys I am sorry to keep you in suspense, but I have few technical difficulties! It is a very cool little high def camera that for $200 can't be beat! This was the first time I shot more than few minutes of the video at the time.

I edited the video with HD editing software camera came with. For some of you not aware HD codec is a pain in the butt for PC's to deal with due to enormous hardware demand. Manufacturers are building cameras, yet software manufacturers are lagging big time in editing department. I am shopping for alternatives (Sony Vegas 8, Nero 8, ....) Unfortunately Kelso this software does not allow me to add music! Not that it could take it either. Editing took about 45 min since I had to reduce size of the 22 minute video. I started cutting out flat portions of the drive to reduce size and hacked the crap out of it and it only reduced the file from about a gig to just over 600 megs. Unfortunately software does not tell you the file size as you work! It took over 5 hours for the conversion too! Darn Vimeo allows only 500meg of video per week to be uploaded!!! Back to editing! F..k!!!
It is 2:20am and I am beat! I am going to sleep. I'll continue tomorrow!

Ivan

p.s. Something bit me while I was taking pics during a cool down pit stop! I circled "damaged" area above my ankle with a marker(took pics too!)! If it expands beyond marked area, I am going straight to emergency in the morning! Who said watching TV is not educational! I saw Discovery Channel program where a guy almost lost a leg from a spider bite. That is a confidence booster! God I hate spiders and everything that crawls!

Keep you posted on video progress! Once I am done with it, it will take another 4-5 hours for Vimeo to upload it! BTW, vid quality is better than I expected. It will deteriorate during an upload some, though!
__________________________________________________ ___________________

UPDATE: Well it took 4 attempts and hours of conversion (3rd attempt reduced file to 513 MB, 13 more than Vimeo allows!). I ended up setting up my spare PC on the home network and let it crunch the conversion. It crashed couple of times and froze a mouse at the end, but managed. I need to upgrade memory presto.
Honda Fit(s) Calaveras Rd. Cruise on Vimeo

This was the first time I used my new (very affordable, $200 camera capable of HD video) Aiptek A-HD camera as a chase cam. It was a good learning experience than can be further improved. More videos of higher quality to come.

Few cool pics! Sorry I am partial to my "killer tomato"!

Back by popular demand: Le's base with Si wheels!

I will start a new thread for video camera's and camera mount solutions! We need more cool, higher quality videos! YouTube quality is crap and you all have at least small digital photo cameras capable of shooting 640x480 videos! You just need quality sites like Vimeo to upload them to!

Ivan

Last edited by ciburri; 05-12-2008 at 01:07 PM. Reason: additions
Old 05-11-2008, 11:36 AM
iHardpark
nice pics looked like a good meet. i really like that camera jig with the suction cups on the hood. does it hold good? make some good tracking videos with that lol

Old 05-11-2008, 11:53 AM
oh man, i missed living in Bay Area....used to go highway 84 a lot. which canyon did you guys went?

now, i have to live and drive my Jazz bone stock because of big social gap, pot holes size of man hole everywhere, non-sense wheels price by local seller in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Last edited by bonecom; 05-12-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by ciburri
Guys I am sorry to keep you in suspense, but I have few technical difficulties! It is a very cool little high def camera that for $200 can't be beat! This was the first time I shot more than few minutes of the video at the time.

I edited the video with HD editing software camera came with. For some of you not aware HD codec is a pain in the butt for PC's to deal with due to enormous hardware demand. Manufacturers are building cameras, yet software manufacturers are lagging big time in editing department. I am shopping for alternatives (Sony Vegas 8, Nero 8, ....) Unfortunately Kelso this software does not allow me to add music! Not that it could take it either. Editing took about 45 min since I had to reduce size of the 22 minute video. I started cutting out flat portions of the drive to reduce size and hacked the crap out of it and it only reduced the file from about a gig to just over 600 megs. Unfortunately software does not tell you the file size as you work! It took over 5 hours for the conversion too! Darn Vimeo allows only 500meg of video per week to be uploaded!!! Back to editing! F..k!!!
It is 2:20am and I am beat! I am going to sleep. I'll continue tomorrow!

Ivan

p.s. Something bit me while I was taking pics during a cool down pit stop! I circled "damaged" area above my ankle with a marker(took pics too!)! If it expands beyond marked area, I am going straight to emergency in the morning! Who said watching TV is not educational! I saw Discovery Channel program where a guy almost lost a leg from a spider bite. That is a confidence booster! God I hate spiders and everything that crawls!

Keep you posted on video progress! Once I am done with it, it will take another 4-5 hours for Vimeo to upload it! BTW, vid quality is better than I expected. It will deteriorate during an upload some, though!
that is why you should get a mac becuase they are awsome for video photo editing and there is tons of stuff out for them (pertaining to video photo editing)

Old 05-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by bonecom
oh man, i missed living in Bay Area....used to go highway 84 a lot. which canyon did you guys went?

now, i have to live and drive my Jazz bone stock because of big social gap, pot holes size of man hole everywhere, non-sense wheels price by local seller.

we went down calaveras rd. it was my frist time but was awesome

Le

Quick Reply: 5/10/08 Bay Area Meet/cruise(pics and vids thread)