Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

New Toy from Japan

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 01:54 AM
Banned
5 Year Member
New Toy from Japan

This is a new toy from Japan InaZma Accel. This is an electronic gas fine controller. It can effectively improve the sensitivity of the gas pedal by at least 30%.
Normally, u step on the gas pedal and the response is slow because of the electronic type gas controller by stock is not fine enough. After installing this, you will feel the gas pedal is much much more sesitive and u can step on the gas pedal less than usual. the theory is like the electronic speed change applying on Radio Control cars.
This package also include an installation instruction. This installation is within 10 minutes.
The pacakge include 1 controller, 1 black box sensor signal convertor and one set of spcecial wires for different types of cars.
The controller has 3 levels which are "Normal", "S1" and "S2"
Normal: no fine tune, just as usual
S1: can broaden the gas pedal signal by 110%
S2: can broaden the gas pedal signal by 118%
Name:  InaZmaAccel1.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  30.4 KB
Name:  InaZmaAccel2.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  9.2 KB
Name:  InaZmaAccel3.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  9.0 KB
Name:  InaZmaAccel4.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  8.9 KB

Old 04-29-2008, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
Do you have this installed?

Old 04-29-2008, 02:38 AM
Banned
5 Year Member
Sorry forgot to state that this is only for Drive-By-Wire cars so for Honda's cars, just suitable for Civic, Stepwagon, Oddesey.

Thanks

Last edited by kenken; 05-05-2008 at 04:51 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:58 AM
5 Year Member
need more info. there are a couple other units like this. do you have it installed? how much is it?

Old 04-29-2008, 03:10 AM
Banned
5 Year Member
My friends' Civic, Suzuki Swift installed it and the result is the sensitivity of the gas pedal has increased by at least 30%. The theory is that. For stock gas pedal, it divides into, say, 10 levels, this controller can broaden the signal and divide into 30 levels which means that the time gap between you step on the gas pedal and the physical response of the car will be effectively improved.

It will not increase horsepower directly; however, the car will response faster and accelerate much smoother. This device is mainly to resolve the time delay of "Drive-By-Wire" while " mechanical and hydraulic Control System" will not have this problem.

The price is USD469 (include shipping and handling to USA by registered airmail)

Thanks

Last edited by kenken; 05-05-2008 at 04:53 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:50 AM
5 Year Member
i thought drive by wire is electronicly controlled, whats the difference. i can see how this is no good for throttle cable, but why not drive by wire.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:25 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
^ +1

so kenken, does that thing gives like "exponential" control on RC cars?
im not sure if i want my throttle any more sensitive than wat it is today.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Retired Moderator
kinda reminds me of an ESC for my electric R/C cars rather than the mechanical type speed controller that requires a servo. Actually that is pretty much what this will do. If anyone runs electric R/C cars, kits such as Tamiya's come with mechanical speed controllers that require a servo to rotate a lead that will contact different steps to increase power. The more contact steps, the more speed increments available. The best mod you can do however is swap out that mechanical speed controller with a ESC or electronic speed controller. It will give you a wide range of steps throughout the throttle range and can provide more control.

My only concern is tying this into the factory drive-by-wire (when kenken says drive by electrics, I think this is what he means since our throttle is controlled electroincally with a servo similar to a mechanical speed controller). Once tied in, it will increase the sensitivity of the throttle by adding further increments or steps to your throttle. I know this is unlikely, but what are the chances of it going crazy if there is a minor malfunction and causes the servo to twitch? I've had that happen on my R/C car before and it's not pretty when you are taking a turn lol

Old 04-29-2008, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
see this link for a discussion in the engine tuning forum concerning throttle controllers.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-jdm-tuning-engine-modifications-swaps/21461-throttle-controllers-yea.html

Old 04-29-2008, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
I know this is unlikely, but what are the chances of it going crazy if there is a minor malfunction and causes the servo to twitch? I've had that happen on my R/C car before and it's not pretty when you are taking a turn lol
if it goes crazy, i guess you could throw it in neutral or push in the clutch. then rip it off your dashboard.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Tofuman
if it goes crazy, i guess you could throw it in neutral or push in the clutch. then rip it off your dashboard.
LMAO! Imagine that at the light...guy next to you has his engine revving erratically, then you see him flip out and rip something off his dash!

Old 04-29-2008, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
LMAO! Imagine that at the light...guy next to you has his engine revving erratically, then you see him flip out and rip something off his dash!
that would be great.

but back on topic... this throttle controller could be useful. in the other thread that i linked, some people have noted that the tb butterfly valve doesn't open all the way even when you have the pedal floored.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tofuman
that would be great.

but back on topic... this throttle controller could be useful. in the other thread that i linked, some people have noted that the tb butterfly valve doesn't open all the way even when you have the pedal floored.

Tofuman is right. This gizmo takes "sponginess" out of the pedal, but it will not make butterfly open from "maxed out 79%" to a 100%.
Kenken is very clear about what this thing does. It increases proportional gas pedal speed at which signal is sent to the ECU. That alone makes it more throttle responsive. It will cut on the lag we get when we hit the gas and ECU sends a signal to the servo of the butterfly to open more.
While not being fully up to par of "throttle controllers" Chikubi is keeping us informed about, it is a step in right direction.
Erratic behavior of R/C controllers Justin (Illusive) is talking about comes from frequency interference even when toy remote is off and toy is still on. Toy is still receiving signal on it's frequency from other electronic devices near by! He brings a good point though - is this gizmo electronically shielded enough!? I guess we will find out soon enough! Keep in mind that different brands/models of cars can react differently to it as well as surroundings where the car is being driven. It would be interesting to drive under high voltage power lines! ROFL!
We need it installed on a Fit and tested properly with the right equipment by somebody with electrical/electronic engineering degree.

Ivan

Old 04-29-2008, 02:14 PM
RDS
Originally Posted by ciburri
Tofuman is right. This gizmo takes "sponginess" out of the pedal, but it will not make butterfly open from "maxed out 79%" to a 100%.
Kenken is very clear about what this thing does. It increases proportional gas pedal speed at which signal is sent to the ECU. That alone makes it more throttle responsive. It will cut on the lag we get when we hit the gas and ECU sends a signal to the servo of the butterfly to open more.
While not being fully up to par of "throttle controllers" Chikubi is keeping us informed about, it is a step in right direction.
Erratic behavior of R/C controllers Justin (Illusive) is talking about comes from frequency interference even when toy remote is off and toy is still on. Toy is still receiving signal on it's frequency from other electronic devices near by! He brings a good point though - is this gizmo electronically shielded enough!? I guess we will find out soon enough! Keep in mind that different brands/models of cars can react differently to it as well as surroundings where the car is being driven. It would be interesting to drive under high voltage power lines! ROFL!
We need it installed on a Fit and tested properly with the right equipment by somebody with electrical/electronic engineering degree.

Ivan

Backyard Special's works for the Civics. I know this because we've tested it on a few different cars long-term (roughly 8 months or so) and it works on them fine, dialing out the throttle hang completely. I have no clue how the Fit's DBW is integrated into the car though.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
i would love to install a cable style throttle body and throttle linkage. i assume that the ECU would have to be swapped too. But I don't know how the ECU would effect the rest of the car. i could use a UKDM TB and ECU... anyone know if it would work?