Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

BOM pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008 | 04:23 PM
If you don't know how to drop your car 100%(install spring's)Then it is a must to go to a reputable(aftermarket/tuner) shop.I tried to get a drop a few year's back,and no regular shop(Tire Kingdom)would do it around here because of liablity reason's.They won't take the chance of a bad part someone might have picked out and install it,because there(rightful so)afraid of lawsuit's.I can't stress enough of a good shop.When I found one(I thought they where good)they shoot my shock's down the road(that's 1 reason why you need to know how to do it)and put 1 spring in UP-SIDE DOWN! As for ride quaility,it should handle better,but it will be firmer over bump's if you encounter them day in day out.I HIGHLY RECOMMEND COILOVER'S AND ADJUSTABLE CAMBER KIT(i think a must).I know other member's say there's are fine,and that's good,but all high end tuner car's(and shop's)alway's change the whole set-up.And from my experience,my shock's went in my 94 Integra in about 4-6 month's.Sorry so long.

Old 03-10-2008 | 05:33 PM
|
5 Year Member
Thanks for the tip it's hard to lo0k for a aftermarket/tuner shop here in hanford, CA. but i will ask around. i will be gone for some month's coz i will be deployed (im in the military) maybe when i get back i'll check out the coilovers. by the way anyone know of a good brand of coilover for our beloved fit.

Old 03-10-2008 | 05:36 PM
|
5 Year Member
would it be better if i get a bigger size tires if yes what size would compliment my wheelz <15'>.

Old 03-10-2008 | 05:42 PM
Trust me,Iknow about about bad shop's here in Florida.I have ton's.As for companies selling coilover's(1)Megan(2)Tein(3)Skunk2(4)Buddy Club(5)Ksport(6)D2 Racing Sports...and I think HKS(not sure)but they would be great.Hop Up Racing - 350z, wrx, sti, 240sx, evo, scion tc, s2000, cold air intakes, springs, coilovers, exhausts, headers, boost controllers has a very good selection for the Fit.

Old 03-10-2008 | 05:48 PM
|
5 Year Member
Trust me,Iknow about about bad shop's here in Florida.I have ton's
- that's a lot of bad shop.. too bad.. well for me i don't even have any shop i go to here as far as i know the closes we can get to a tuner shop is kragen/autozone. thanks for the link.. -

Old 03-10-2008 | 06:09 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Looks great. The stickers on the sides mess up the cleanliness though. And from what I noticed you dont have matching stickers.

Mod list is nice. And the car looks great!

Old 03-10-2008 | 06:27 PM
|
5 Year Member
thanks Mx6GT89.. yup im about to take those stickes off and just have myself a nice clean BOM fit.. any suggestion on how to take those off without damaging my paint. how about the wheels.. need more info from you guys on what works and things i need to work on..

Old 03-10-2008 | 06:35 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I think it looks fine as is, just the stickers. As for removing them... Pull them off slowly. They should come right off. Dont scrape them with anything.

I think the tire size looks fine, I noticed you mention something about that. What size are they?

Old 03-10-2008 | 08:31 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Save up for some black headlights next, IMO.

Old 03-11-2008 | 04:23 AM
5 Year Member
cars lookin' good man! more pics would be nice.

Old 03-11-2008 | 08:36 AM
5 Year Member
I think Illusive was refering to the fact that he put "15' wheels" not "15" wheels." ' stands for foot, " stands for inch. So he said he had 15 foot drag wheels.

Old 03-11-2008 | 10:08 AM
|
5 Year Member
woohoo.. stickers are off.. it took me a while. used the fingernail + water + patience method then after like 30 minutes of finger numbing fun i change to credit card <old useles one> + H2O + patience one. it actually looks great.. i'll post some pics l8ter.. thanks 2 u guyz i got me a clean looking fit.. more suggestions please keep them comming.. :P

Old 03-11-2008 | 10:15 AM
|
5 Year Member
oopps.. almost forgot.. i used turtle wax rubbing compound to clean off the surface from the goo that was left.. looks so nice..

Old 03-11-2008 | 10:19 AM
|
5 Year Member
I think Illusive was refering to the fact that he put "15' wheels" not "15" wheels." ' stands for foot, " stands for inch. So he said he had 15 foot drag wheels.

-sorry for the confusion didn't mean anything about it.. yup i forgot about that " and ' have different meaning i was typing to fast.. thanks..

Old 03-11-2008 | 10:21 AM
|
5 Year Member
i've seen a couple of fit/jazz with black headlights on and they look mighty sweet.. seriously looking into getting them.. and some tint.. what would be the best % tint to get for a BOM fit.. :P

Old 03-11-2008 | 12:03 PM
I alway's go with the lightest tint possilbe.It seem's to look go on every car,and it doesn't look suspect to people or cop's,but still dark enough to keep most of the Florida sunlight out during the summer.

Old 03-11-2008 | 04:07 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Mr.Ball
I alway's go with the lightest tint possilbe.It seem's to look go on every car,and it doesn't look suspect to people or cop's,but still dark enough to keep most of the Florida sunlight out during the summer.
Yupp, dont go to dark with tint cause cops here in Cali will get ya for that. I did medium on all 9 windows and love the way it came out. Looks really good IMO and not too dark, cops havent messed with me and i got tinted on July 6th 2007, bought the car July 5th 2007! Tint was the first thing i did!

Tyler

Old 03-11-2008 | 05:38 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
It depends on the color of the car. Lighter cars look best with lighter tint. I think darker cars look best with dark tint. So it doesnt play with the eyeball. Light car, dark tint. Basically makes you look at the tint the whole time and say "Damn, thats some dark tint."

With BOM, Id go 35% all around. Max would be 20%. All tint is different remember and you cant judge tint darkness in pics.

Old 03-11-2008 | 05:51 PM
|
5 Year Member
thanks for the info guys.. tyler's right especially in here in cali the cop's will definitely get you.. Mx6GT89 i do agree with you too dark tintz let people get distracted from the important picture wich is our beloved fit.. im gonna go conservative in picking up tintz for my fit.. thanks for the continous responses..

Old 03-11-2008 | 06:19 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I use to get bothered in my Mx-6 a lot. But the car is what gets the attention. My Mx-6 use to have a loud exhaust. Anytime I got pulled over I always got a tint and exhaust ticket. It has 5% tint. Hehehh

I got pulled over in my Fit for speeding. They gave me a tint ticket also. I have 15% all around.

My moms tC has 15%, shes never been pulled over for tint. Her car is also lowered with a TRD exhaust. But its not loud. I dont think cops stop you just for tint. It would have to be for some other bullshat reason, then they end up giving a tint ticket so they feel big about doing something that doesnt take much of their time.

Quick Reply: BOM pics