Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Carbon Fiber!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 08:55 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
i've gone through 2 carbon fiber hoods. First one was a SEIBON oem style CF hood now i'm running a Carbon Creations oem style carbon fiber hood AND trunk. =]
why did you choose to go from seibon to carbon creations??

Old 02-13-2008, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit of RAGE
Here's pics of the Spoon one:

i want that sooo bad
how would it be installed though?

Old 02-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member

Old 02-14-2008, 12:15 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Snap Fit
Wow you guys are so going to hate what I have...
still waiting!!!!

Old 02-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by sdPANNfit
Carbon FIber Underoos?
Uhhhh....I think that Iwould hate that one

Old 02-14-2008, 06:17 PM

They are a CF and Titanium swatch from an upcomming project. Both monumental pieces are 4x4mm in size...haaaahahaaa

Old 02-17-2008, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
i've gone through 2 carbon fiber hoods. First one was a SEIBON oem style CF hood now i'm running a Carbon Creations oem style carbon fiber hood AND trunk. =]
What's the quality like on the Carbon Creations pieces? I want to get one of their vented hoods, but I've heard things about their quality so I'm a bit leery. Also, VIS makes almost the exact style of hood, so not sure if they may be the better option. Anyone have experience with both companies?

Old 02-17-2008, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
ricebox

Old 02-17-2008, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Snap Fit

They are a CF and Titanium swatch from an upcomming project. Both monumental pieces are 4x4mm in size...haaaahahaaa
Cool. Put that small CF on your hood.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chikubi
What's the quality like on the Carbon Creations pieces? I want to get one of their vented hoods, but I've heard things about their quality so I'm a bit leery. Also, VIS makes almost the exact style of hood, so not sure if they may be the better option. Anyone have experience with both companies?
The carbon creations quality IMO is a lot higher then the Seibon one. It's definitely a lot stronger that's for sure. If i were 2 put my palm on the seibon hood, the carbon fiber would bow because it was just that, only a thin layer of carbon fiber only. However, the Carbon Creations one is a layer of fiberglass for strength and then the carbon fiber layed on top of that for extra strength and aesthetics. Also, the skeleton on the bottom was a lot thicker and stronger. Yes the seibon one was lighter (only by a pound tho) but the Carbon Creations one is definitely built better. Also, my seibon hood was short about 2mm's from both sides, leaving a very small gap, however the carbon creations one leaves NO GAP just liek the oem hood. I absolutely love it!

As far as the weaves and quality, both of them had rolled edges and bolted like oem with strong latches. The Carbon creations one is just a little thicker latch for extra strength which is definitely a plus. Seibon one was just like the oem latch. The seibon weave was a 1x1 twill, very tiny with a brownish tint to it (seibon signature weave). However, the carbon creations weave is 2x2 (more common) and is a pure black and silver weave (also more common) then the brownish one. Both of them have a UV clear coat. Never had a problem with the seibon one and i had it for about 1.5 years, always waxed and claybar'd and kept clean. Carbon creations one, so far it's just like the seibon one, you just gotta keep it maintenced so it doesn't fade or get cloudy.

The vis hood is just as nice as the carbon creations one, but again it's built like the seibon one with no reinforcement on the top and a thinner skeleton. That's all the info i have for VIS. HOwever, from past experiences, the clear coat on the VIS hoods are not as high quality then seibon or carbon creations (had a CF hood go bad on me w/in a year using the same protection techniques as above).

Old 02-18-2008, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks much, that's a lot of really good info to know. I really like the CC vented hood, so it's good to hear the quality is as high as you say. My only concern then would be if it comes w/ any kind of rain guard to use when not on the track or autox'ng, especially since there's a serious number of vents.

The carbon creations quality IMO is a lot higher then the Seibon one. It's definitely a lot stronger that's for sure. If i were 2 put my palm on the seibon hood, the carbon fiber would bow because it was just that, only a thin layer of carbon fiber only. However, the Carbon Creations one is a layer of fiberglass for strength and then the carbon fiber layed on top of that for extra strength and aesthetics. Also, the skeleton on the bottom was a lot thicker and stronger. Yes the seibon one was lighter (only by a pound tho) but the Carbon Creations one is definitely built better. Also, my seibon hood was short about 2mm's from both sides, leaving a very small gap, however the carbon creations one leaves NO GAP just liek the oem hood. I absolutely love it!

As far as the weaves and quality, both of them had rolled edges and bolted like oem with strong latches. The Carbon creations one is just a little thicker latch for extra strength which is definitely a plus. Seibon one was just like the oem latch. The seibon weave was a 1x1 twill, very tiny with a brownish tint to it (seibon signature weave). However, the carbon creations weave is 2x2 (more common) and is a pure black and silver weave (also more common) then the brownish one. Both of them have a UV clear coat. Never had a problem with the seibon one and i had it for about 1.5 years, always waxed and claybar'd and kept clean. Carbon creations one, so far it's just like the seibon one, you just gotta keep it maintenced so it doesn't fade or get cloudy.

The vis hood is just as nice as the carbon creations one, but again it's built like the seibon one with no reinforcement on the top and a thinner skeleton. That's all the info i have for VIS. HOwever, from past experiences, the clear coat on the VIS hoods are not as high quality then seibon or carbon creations (had a CF hood go bad on me w/in a year using the same protection techniques as above).

Old 03-04-2008, 04:50 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by Jazz it up!
ricebox

What wheels is this ?? Looks very very nice ....

Old 03-04-2008, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
Here's mine! Seibon CF spoon replica.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
Cf spoon replica spoiler,cf hood,cf mugen style lip

Old 03-11-2008, 05:35 PM
I got a new cf item coming that might bring some attention. CF fog light covers. I like the black look but just wanted to change it up a bit and get them wrapped in cf instead. It will take a couple more weeks before i get them back but they should be pretty sweet. I have some other stuff that im getting done in cf as well but i wont tell till later