Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Post your Rolling Shots....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by George02
haha thanks anyways. Ill figure it out sometime? jus gotta have some1 drive by a couple of times and try different settings
Panning works alright as well, I feel it's easier to pan if you zoom up from far away though, so you don't have to move as much to follow the car.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Retired Moderator
Definitely need a rig for the ultra cool looking rolling shots at sick angles. As for the full view, you need 3 people and two cars. A tripod in the picture taking car is best.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
For something like JaySmith's first shot, a stickypod might do the trick:
Sticky Pod - Camera Mounts

Old 02-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Illusive
Definitely need a rig for the ultra cool looking rolling shots at sick angles. As for the full view, you need 3 people and two cars. A tripod in the picture taking car is best.
I wonder if my dad would let me borrow his work van? Have someone drive it and me set my tripod up on the roof....

And with some messing around I bet that sticky pod could work for a few things.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
supercharged ha

Old 02-13-2008, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
^^ fisheye niceeeeeeeeeeee

Old 02-13-2008, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
haha not my fit, but my project.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by goodyonsen
^^ fisheye niceeeeeeeeeeee
its actually a wideangle lens. fisheye you cant zoom in with

Old 02-14-2008, 01:48 AM
Took these a few years ago...

And More Recently...

Old 02-14-2008, 02:20 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
cool shots! do you know what the size of the wheels are on that miata?

Old 02-14-2008, 04:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
I also agree. Im not a CF fan at all. Period. I do think Hieu's car looks great. I want his fenders! He should sell the hood and get the JDM front end.

Aw from all of your comments and all, I think my car will look like shit. Since I have a CF hood and the JDM front and rear end aww...

Old 02-14-2008, 08:49 AM
Ihh IS Jaaaarome!
5 Year Member

Old 02-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by redrumm
supercharged ha
HAAAHAHA it looks like a product style spy shot!

Old 02-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Jazz it up!
Aw from all of your comments and all, I think my car will look like shit. Since I have a CF hood and the JDM front and rear end aww...
Sorry, just not a CF fan. Looks like pieces painted black to me.
Its your car though.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:21 AM
ok, this may sound like a really stupid question, but for a while now i've been trying to do rolling shots with a digital camera...is there like a special way of taking clean shots?? or do i need like a SLR camera to make clean shots??

Old 02-15-2008, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by SpOrtSTyleGD3
ok, this may sound like a really stupid question, but for a while now i've been trying to do rolling shots with a digital camera...is there like a special way of taking clean shots?? or do i need like a SLR camera to make clean shots??
There is no particular special way...there are just many good and bad ways. You definately do NOT need an SLR or DSLR but it wouldnt hurt, unless a boat load of money out of your pocket hurts j/k (you can get DSLR's pretty cheap now (especially used) and silly cheap SLR's.

-learn the manual controls of the camera as you want to be able to control the shutter speed more than anything on these types of shots. (shutter priority- which could make your life really a bunch easier if you are new to this stuff) you generally dont want really high shutter speeds, but it will depend on the amount of movement and blurr you want and or like (it will change often there is no one setting) A long telephoto zoom can help but its in no way a requirement.

-practice tracking things so that you can keep them in focus and not the passing background

-you can pan for a car
-you can hold a camera in a passing car
-you and mount a camera on the car
-you can put a boom tripod configuration on the car or off
-you can blurr wheels in PS
-you can blurr the background in PS
-you can zoom blurr
-......tons of options out there....

just start experimenting and have a friend around it can make this part of your learning curve easier and quicker and probably more fun.

Many times a flash, delay timer, and/or remote release can help or make things more impressive but they are not necessary in most instances...just a fun bonus.

hope that helps , ask away if you need more assistance, errr maybe PM cuz I dont know if it would be too far off topic.

Your question is not dumb BTW so no worries (pheeew..haahaa)...if you can tell us some of your particular set up maybe we can give specific help to your particular situation.
take it easy...
and good luck....

Old 02-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Snap Fit
There is no particular special way...there are just many good and bad ways. You definately do NOT need an SLR or DSLR but it wouldnt hurt, unless a boat load of money out of your pocket hurts j/k (you can get DSLR's pretty cheap now (especially used) and silly cheap SLR's.

-learn the manual controls of the camera as you want to be able to control the shutter speed more than anything on these types of shots. (shutter priority- which could make your life really a bunch easier if you are new to this stuff) you generally dont want really high shutter speeds, but it will depend on the amount of movement and blurr you want and or like (it will change often there is no one setting) A long telephoto zoom can help but its in no way a requirement.

-practice tracking things so that you can keep them in focus and not the passing background

-you can pan for a car
-you can hold a camera in a passing car
-you and mount a camera on the car
-you can put a boom tripod configuration on the car or off
-you can blurr wheels in PS
-you can blurr the background in PS
-you can zoom blurr
-......tons of options out there....

just start experimenting and have a friend around it can make this part of your learning curve easier and quicker and probably more fun.

Many times a flash, delay timer, and/or remote release can help or make things more impressive but they are not necessary in most instances...just a fun bonus.

hope that helps , ask away if you need more assistance, errr maybe PM cuz I dont know if it would be too far off topic.

Your question is not dumb BTW so no worries (pheeew..haahaa)...if you can tell us some of your particular set up maybe we can give specific help to your particular situation.
take it easy...
and good luck....
thanks...it actually helped out quite a bit...now i just gotta practice at it...hehe

Old 02-16-2008, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
JaySmith's are either PS or with a rig. Or a steady hand.
The first rolling shot I posted was achieved using a Canon Digital Rebel XT, combined with a Manfrotto Suction Cup Mount while doing 5km circles in a nicely lit parking lot. lol

Where as the second rolling shot I posted was achieved by once again using a Canon Digital Rebel XT, and nothing more then a Bushnell Window Mount and my friends 1999 Acura 1.6EL while rolling no faster then the speedometer could actually indicate through a local city park. It's unfortunate though, as right after that photograph was captured the Bosche Window Camera Mount broke.

No photoshopping was required for the "removal" of either mounts from the photographs, however the Manfrotto Suction Cup Mount is a little more on the expensive side, but the Bosche Window Camera Mount can be bought for roughly $10 - $20.

Last edited by JaySmith; 02-16-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
where can you buy the window mount because all i can find are home security outdoor mounts

Old 02-18-2008, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redrumm
where can you buy the window mount because all i can find are home security outdoor mounts
Look on eBay as the Window Mounts can be found for cheap, while the genuine Bushnell Window Mounts go for a little more.

Quick Reply: Post your Rolling Shots....