Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Jumped a curb today. What do you guys think i should do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 06:54 PM

I ended up Popping a curb earlier today after avoiding a dumb SUV driver that jumped into my lane last second. I ended up getting stuck on the curb so i have no idea what is or could be screwed up underneith. I will be putting it up on a lift in the morning but i had to drive it to work tonight and then later when i am done. I hit hard enough where i scuffed the paint from the bumper to the fender and the inner plastics of my wheel well were all popped and hanging out. I didnt get the rims or the side lip so that is good. The SUV driver is lucky that there was traffic coming otherwise my brand new 4 cell maglight would have smashed throw there windshield. I was pretty pissed but now im just worried what else i could have messed up and if the lip looks salvageable or just get a new one.

I cant get a good picture from below the lip cause the car is too low but most of the under part is badly scraped and now the lip is really loose

UPDATE!!! My fog light on that side is out now too. I guess i hit harder then i thought. Now both of my fogs are out. Good thing i ordered some a couple days ago when the drivers side one went out. They should be here soon..

Last edited by jdjohnson9; 02-06-2008 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Updating info
Old 02-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Retired Moderator
Sorry to hear that bro. Although it could have been alot worse so in a way you kinda got off lucky. I would just buy a Mugen style lip or something like that.

Tyler

Last edited by TOOL; 02-05-2008 at 06:59 PM. Reason: screwed up a word...
Old 02-05-2008, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
oh jeezus.

you gotta be carefull man.

if that was me i would be flipping out at the moment. especially since you can see it without lowering yourself( i couldnt spell that word....squatting)?

anyways....man oh man.....thats pretty bad.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Looks like normal lip damage. Leave the front bumper a lone, take the lip off and have it repainted.

Or, since the lip involves removing the front bumper anyway just have it all repaired. Im sure the spot on the front bumper will be touched up.
Sucks man. Accidents happen. Id just lave it. Put a bandaid over it.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
get a new mugen one. or wait for the j racing replica lip comes out.

yeah...in the mean time i guess dont worry about it. lips are cheap now adays

Old 02-05-2008, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
Man, the Milano Red Fits are getting banged up lately.
I would have the alignment checked. Also, the wheel didn't get damaged? i'm not sure how the impact occured exactly, but you might want to check if the wheel could be slightly bent, even if it's not scratched. you don't want one of your wheels off balance.
Good luck! I hope nothing major was damaged.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:27 PM
It happened right before i got onto the highway so when i pulled off the curb i checked it as well as i could and looked underneith for any leaking fluids or actual damage but it all looked good. At highway speed there was no shakes, rattles, or any pulling so i would think the rims are fine. I guess its not that bad and yes i can live with it but its just an eyesore till i get either a new one or fix it. I guess a new one would be better then fixing the old one. I guess buying new rims is gonna have to wait again

Old 02-05-2008, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
sorry to hear that man good luck though

Old 02-05-2008, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
oooooo damn dude
time to get a lip kit! HAHAHA
take the bumper off and just touch up the corners that meet the fender...no problem

Old 02-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear about the damage at least it was just the lip and not you that got scratched up! Let us know what you decide to do and how it turns out - those curbs got to give the Fit a little more respect!

Cat :x

Old 02-05-2008, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
yeah. mr fits do a good comeback with the modded fits. and then we also crash them too

Old 02-05-2008, 07:50 PM
I havent heard about too many other MR's getting banged up. Somebody wanna fill me in on that? haha.

mx6gt89
What kinda lip are you running and what difference in height is it from stock if you dont mind me asking.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Damn i just did some thread bouncing and George got his car all trashed. MR fits are just gettin screwed today. Im pissed about my lip getting chewed up but his whole side is jacked. What a day, What a day

Old 02-05-2008, 09:02 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
well first i would go say your sorry..
jumping anyone is not a nice thing to do.

do i smell a new kit going your way?

Old 02-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by billmus86

do i smell a new kit going your way?
Haha. Nice. I was thinking about a new lip anyway but i wanted rims before i changed the lip. Now i gotta decide if im gonna be rocking nice pretty rims and a chewed up lip or a nice pretty new lip, dont know which kind yet, but rolling on stockers. Im torn

Old 02-05-2008, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
sounds to me like a good excuse for some mugen!

Old 02-06-2008, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member
something like this happened to my friend too, some lady went into his lane and he hit the island, messing up his suspension,wheels,bumper. But he got all her insurance stuff and thats how he bought new wheels. lol
did u get their stuff? since the way described it, its doesnt really sound like its ur fault.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by Special
something like this happened to my friend too, some lady went into his lane and he hit the island, messing up his suspension,wheels,bumper. But he got all her insurance stuff and thats how he bought new wheels. lol
did u get their stuff? since the way described it, its doesnt really sound like its ur fault.
I wish. The light turned green as soon as i was about to get out of my car. There was a bunch of traffic behind me too so i couldnt really get out. I was pretty upset so its prob a good thing i didnt get to the driver of the SUV. I had my 4 cell mag light ready to bash something so it was best that disapeared. When it comes to "Ruby" i have a pretty bad temper. I just gotta take the loss and keep truckin.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by billmus86

if it were me, id just keep the chewed up lip and go for the rims first. my lips all scraped up but only at the bottom, and i dont really care. but yours is visible so it depends if that bothers you i guess? but it wouldnt bother me.. id just paint it or somethin'

Old 02-06-2008, 02:53 AM
You could even do a touch up on the bumper while in situ (from what
damage I saw)

sorry to hear/see what happened.

NOTE: TO ALL MR OWNERS BE EXTRA CAREFUL RIGHT NOW HAAHAA

Quick Reply: Jumped a curb today. What do you guys think i should do?