Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

What Rims Are These!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Mykflo
I think Tenzo also makes some of these. and just my 2cents... the cheaper rims work just fine.. I should know. I recently totalled my fit in a rollover accident. Before I rolled over, I tokyo drifted the fit in 2 directions on my Enkeis and only one of the rims shows scratches. They held up fine! Unless you are buying a real performance car or have it suped up a'la Illusive, I thank god for cheaper priced rims. not trying to make enemies, just my opinion.
Does that qualify me for buying expensive parts!?!?!? LOL!!! Or are you making fun of me? I can't make heads or tails of it hahaha...either way it's cool!

Old 01-24-2008, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
hm, i believe people buy the expensive wheels because they want the most out of performance. most enthusiasts who modify there cars for show also get them, because the authentics honestly do look better! [some replicas are pretty close]
i don't think they'll win anything at a car show w/ replicas. and others just have the money to dump, so they get the expensive wheeels!
i don't think there is anything wrong w/ replicas. its afforadable! & thats the wonderful part about it! hey, i own some. but i sure wouldn't prefer it!!! if i had money, i'd get some expensive wheels. but there are people who do have the money & still buy knock-offs because they feel saving money is better. it all depends on everyones taste and budget!

Old 01-24-2008, 07:04 PM
found them!

Old 01-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
98% of ClubRSX run those wheels. Work Emotions, Rota Torques, or Dc5 ITR wheels. (all identical)
Dont get knock offs of knock offs. If youre going to get the knock off Emotions get Torques.

I honestly do not like really expensive rims. I change mine too often. Rims are rims (at times)
Ill tell you Ive seen really expensive rims dent, crack, and even break in pieces like nothing; while the rims Ive owned have never seen a dent. Only rims Ive dented were my TenzoR Mean 6's in 17in. I hit a pothole full of water. This pothole was 1.5 feet long and a foot wide. I hit it at 50mph, it was so bad my CD player shut down until I pulled the fuse to reset it. One of my rims had a little dent. Thats it. And I was running tiny 205/40/17in tires.

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 01-24-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:48 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mykflo
I think Tenzo also makes some of these. and just my 2cents... the cheaper rims work just fine.. I should know. I recently totalled my fit in a rollover accident. Before I rolled over, I tokyo drifted the fit in 2 directions on my Enkeis and only one of the rims shows scratches. They held up fine! Unless you are buying a real performance car or have it suped up a'la Illusive, I thank god for cheaper priced rims. not trying to make enemies, just my opinion.
completely unrelated i like your huck blue shogun i got thrid at the kr zoomies chase race you can see me and my girl in the events section lol

Old 01-30-2008, 10:45 AM
i agree with ILovemyGD3, it basically comes down to you have to pay to play haha. Real wheels are a better route and its worth it in the end. You can just save that 500 dollars you have and wait a little to spend it on the stronger/lighter wheel. Why cut corners? When i first started to mod cars i thought that fake wheels were good enough until i realized how much they blow when one cracked while i was autocrossing haha (Rota Torques ARE whack...).

Old 01-31-2008, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
haha the pic of the car is so old, im surprised u found it.

btw, that car is in Malaysia . In here mostly the knock off rims are made in taiwan. we tend to buy those cheap rims as the road condition here suck. potholes are common on roads as there's many heavy vehicles on the road and its risky to buy the original ones as it might get stolen.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jap 07 Fit
Becuase it is authentic not no imitation.duh..... for some people its all about the real deal like me.. nothing fake on my car everything 100% authentic

Old 01-31-2008, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
knock offs are cast... most of the high end wheels IE works, volks, Mugen are forged, which result in lighter/stronger wheel.

there are plenty of lightweight cast wheels. and unless you are autoxing, (which a lot of people do even with rotas), your wheels will hold up fine.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hiphapa
i agree with ILovemyGD3, it basically comes down to you have to pay to play haha. Real wheels are a better route and its worth it in the end. You can just save that 500 dollars you have and wait a little to spend it on the stronger/lighter wheel. Why cut corners? When i first started to mod cars i thought that fake wheels were good enough until i realized how much they blow when one cracked while i was autocrossing haha (Rota Torques ARE whack...).

rota torques may be 'whack' but for the majority of people who don't autocross, but still mod their cars (hint: there are more non auto crossers than actual ones.), they are fine.

besides, these wheels are usually so expensive that saving that extra 500 only gets you one wheel closer.

i'm all for lighter weight wheels, but if i can' find one at a fraction of the cost that looks good and has decent quality i'm game.

i wonder how many people with baller wheels actually get the wheels for their durability and not just to say 'i'm authentic'.

sure, if i had the dough, i'd spend more too, but thats not the case and even then, i'd have my limits. besides, the only awesome wheels i'd be willing to lay out that kind of cash for would be BBS, which school any work/rays wheels out there. (even their cast wheels are pretty light)

i dunno, if you are out on the track all the time, you probably are better off getting good wheels that wont break on you, its a way to save money. but to sit there and call what everyone else has if its a knock-off 'crap', 'whack', 'lame', 'so not jdm' or whatever is THE reason why the honda scene is so crappy and why there is very little unity amongst hondaphiles.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:58 PM
yea those are work emotions. but i agree with alot of you guys, the knock offs are identical but really you get what you pay for. and if you have the money and wanna spend that on expensive rims then go for it. it just depends on the person.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Its just a great way to waste money IMO.
Why buy a 3000$ wheel or even a 1000$ wheel when konig or anybody else makes it for well under 500$. Then you can spend money where it counts...TIRES!
Just my opinion, dont kill me lol.

Tyler
i totally agree