Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Fit Party.... Part Deux

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Fit Party.... Part Deux

Its that time of year again... when two Fits come together and celebrate their Fit-iness... Frolicing in the woods, and enjoying one anothers company. But this year is different.... this time, its special. One of the Fits has had some 'upgrades' since the last time they met on this glorious track. The Other Fit got new shoes.... they were confused at what daunting challenge approached them... they were going to have to learn each other again. It was like...... they hardly knew each other at ALL!

Names have been changed to protect the innocent... our first Fit, lets call it "Blue Boy" has taken on a whole new life since the last time these two met. It has had a host of upgrades. The most confising of all, and the one that would turn the tides of the competition in his favor, is the Mugen shift boot cover... don't ask how, it just did... it made all the difference in the world! But the other mods that were made, was the Mugen Seat covers, Mugen Drop In Filter, Mugen Header, Mugen Titanium Axle-Back Exhaust, Mugen 5-Way Adjustable Suspension, Mugen Shift Knob, Mugen Shift Boot, Mugen E-Brake Boot, Mugen Gauge Pod and Gauges, Mugen Strut Bar, Mugen Radiator Cap, Mugen Door Sills, Mugen Rain Visors, Mugen License plate Bolts, Panducky Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame, Progress Rear Anti-Sway Bar, Panducky Sway Bar Hardware Kit, BP 87 Octane Economy Fuel.... the upgrades list was almost as long as Michael Jacksons.... it was astounding the difference in this Fit. Once you look at its LONG list of upgrades, you begin to see where our other "friend" was getting confused.

Our other friend, who we'll call "Silver Town" was a little bit different on this day. It came to the track expecting to see his good friend who he had known for months... but Silver Town wasn't without its own changes... Silver Town had received Mugen License Plate Bolts, a Progress Suspension Anti-Sway Bar, Panducky Sway Bar Hardware Kit, a custom Panducky Shift Knob, and of course the biggest change of all, some slightly used 'vintage' shoes. These vintage shoes are what this night was all about. We all know that vintage means old, and older means better, so if older is better, it must be faster... and if Silver Town was to have a chance on this cold, dark night, then that meant that vintage HAD to be on its feet. These shoes were special. They had 5 year old BFGoodrich drag radials wrapped around 14" Honda HX oem wheels. The rubber is dry-rotting a bit, but that just proves its vintage-ness... which is of course faster.

These two friends met up at a special place called Orlando Speed World Dragway... "The Slipperiest Place On Earth" (trademark panducky motorsports, 2007, not to be used without permission, all rights reserved, E pluribus unum... and stuff). The track was prepped as you would expect a highly skilled ice skating rink crew to prep a track... perfect for this night.

The last time these two met up, SIlver Town had a best run of 18.026 @ a staggering 75.63mph... we know this is dangerously fast, but these were amateur drivers on a closed course, so they HAD to know what they were doing... "Blue Boys" fast time on that fateful day was an 18.633 @ 72.80mph... without question, Blue Boy was having a rough night on this slick track. But little did he know what the future held once he got back home and began to make his "changes"...

The two cars lined up... they were revving their engines. Silver Town knew that tonight would be a bad night for him. After all, how could he possibly compete against the strength of the Mugen catalog? All Silver Town had going for him was his vintage shoes, and his new Panducky shift knob... his world would never be the same.

Silver Town pulled into the first beam.... Blue Boy pulled up to the line, and fully staged... Silver Town then pulled up activating the tree.... they were READY! the lights... oh, wait, we have to wait till the pair in front finish..... sigh...... ..... .... ...... ok, now that the scion raped that VW, we're back on! The lights begin to fall... one after the other... it was like an avalanche!

Silver Town did what Silver Town does... He Left the line with a .248r/t against Blue Boys .657r/t.. Silver Town had the advantage! 60' came and went almost as quickly as the 8 second drag cars, but it was only about 1 second slower. Silver Town was out in front! But wait... as they were approaching half track nearly 11 (whole) seconds later, Blue Boy was gaining! This had never happened to Silver Town! He felt shocked! Yelling, and screaming at Blue Boy to STOP! "No, don't pass me! wait! stop! nooooooo!" ... but it was all for naught. Blue Boy had power now... its modifications were taking hold and propelling Blue Boy past Silver Town faster than either of them could imagine! Blue Boy knew the end was near... but he still had to wait another 6 seconds... the time passed like it was nothing for Blue Boy. For Silver Town, it was an agonizing 6 seconds... it seemed to take an eternity.... Silver Town knew he was going to lose... it was inevitable.

With a staggering time of 17.272 @ 77.85mph, Blue Boy took out Silver Towns time of a 17.793 @ 76.01mph... Silver Town lost the race.... it was over. He wanted to become emo...

But wait... at the end of the track, there sat Blue Boy... with a DARE! and not just ANY dare... THE dare!!! He triple double dog dared our former hero Silver Town into running again. Silver Town couldn't pass this up. It was now as set in stone. Silver Town was walking into a massacre, and he knew it. But what are you going to do when someone triple double dog dares you? thats like the ultimate dare... if you don't do it, you're a loser... but Silver Town knew he would be a loser either way... but better to lose on the track than to lose on a triple double dog dare...

So they got back in line...

This time it was for real! ... well, it was real before to, but this time it was a triple double dog dare. After a lengthy wait, they finally got back up to the line to dance this dance of death one more time... Blue Boy had lane choice this time, and took Silver Towns favorite left-side lane... so now Silver Town had to run in the Right lane... the slow lane... the lane that was once Blue Boys domain... Silver Town knew he was the slowest now. Revs were raised, and the one-wheel squeels were deafening... it was like the cry of a dying squirrel. So shrieking, so loud, so small. You could only hear the squeal if you were standing next to the car... but its implications were deafening. Silver Town HAD to triumph, but he knew he was lost.... for he also knew that he wasn't Sparta. No matter how much he yelled, or kicked, or screamed, he had no hole to kick Blue Boy into. The only thing he could do is try to leave WAY before Blue Boy, and hope that he could get there first.

The lights began to drop...

Revs were coming up...

the hamsters were ready to rumble!

BOOM!

The light goes green!

Silver Town jumps out to an AWESOME reaction time of .048... but wait, Blue Boy got a good reaction time to! oh, no! Blue Boy jumped off the line in .178r/t... it was over before it had begun... now they just had to wait over 1/4 minute to have proof of this slaying. They flew down the track... bythe '60 mark, Blue Boy was pulling past Silver Town... it was embarrasing... Silver Town had thoughts of running into a wall and blowing up slo that he would have an excuse as to why he lost... but then he remembered that his tires were vintage, and he didn't want to ruin them... so he kept going.... and going... trying in vain to catch up.... pondering the effectiveness of the draft. But then that would mean crossing the line, and you don't want anyone to cross the line, cause when they do, thats when care bears die.

The finish line was approaching... the time was near for Silver Towns fate to be sealed. with a blazing time of 17.155 @ 78.92mph, Blue Boy shut down Silver Town, who could only manage a 17.748 @ 76.00mph...

Silver Town was crushed! How could Blue Boy go out and get those modifications! He barely had any, but Blue Boy had the Mugen Catalog at his disposal... Silver Town wanted to be able to read Japanese so bad! all he had were his vintage shoes and his shift knob... how could he compete with the power of the Mugen?

So Silver Town removed his hat, and bid Blue Boy a good night, and rolled home with his exhaust between his torsion axle... Silver Town had been defeated. As he rolled off into the sunset, you could hear him mumbling about modifications that HE was going to make that would make Blue Bloy look like he was standing still even more than he was... Silver Town is all about revenge.

Blue Boy was ecstatic! He had run over a full SECOND faster than he did the last time he was at the track, and over 5mph faster. He could contribute this to his new Mugen parts.... this was an impressive power increase!

Blue Boy couldn't stop... he was a Fit Possessed!

He went out again... this time without Silver Town by his side... he was fast now... he didn't need Silver Town slowing him down!

He had to try again... Blue Boy was SO close to a 16 second pass! So with his courage behind him, and the Power of the Mugen, he lined up again.

This time he barreled off the line with a .221 r/t... he slipped his clutch perfectly. As he was going down the track, he knew there was something special about this run... it wqas faster than any other before it! At the finish line, he streaked by with a 17.084 @ 77.17mph!!! Oh, so CLOSE!

Blue Boy was so happy! His modifications had improved him dramatically! The shift boot did its job... it was the best investment that he had ever made in himself.

SO all in all, the night ended in a bang... a shot, that was heard around the world. Every Fit will speak the name, and know the story of Blue Boy versus Silver Town, and how Blue Boy triumphed over Silver Town with his modifications. But like all great stories, it isn't over yet... Silver Town will be back. We may have enough of a story to make 3 or 4 sequals.... maybe even a prequal... i'm sure we'll milk it for what its worth. But anyway, it will be a hell of a story to tell.

......Until next time!

Old 12-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Was a great day! In all honesty a drop in filter, axle back exhaust and header got me almost 2seconds and 7mph.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Retired Moderator
Lmao, i actually read that whole thing and it kept me intrested the whole time! That was awesome! You should become an author for childrens novels lol!

Tyler

Old 12-20-2007, 11:36 AM
I was wondering what he's been doing all morning haha!!!

True story anyhow, I was there.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
wow you guys made big improvements in your runs this time. i didn't get to read your whole story because i gotta pick someone up right now, but i looked at the timeslips. congrats! and i'll read the story later today.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:39 AM
Man, I can't believe FiT owners are actually thinking those are good times. I guess for what the car is, they're pretty decent. But I wouldn't go around bragging that you're pulling 16's - 17's.

I would of thought someone by now would of found a way to break these cars in the 13's, maybe high 12's. No?

Old 12-21-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by ImPuLsIvE.ca
Man, I can't believe FiT owners are actually thinking those are good times. I guess for what the car is, they're pretty decent. But I wouldn't go around bragging that you're pulling 16's - 17's.

I would of thought someone by now would of found a way to break these cars in the 13's, maybe high 12's. No?
Since when can't someone be proud to get their car to drop times in anything? Granted in the whole world of things 17-18s aren't impressive numbers when other cars pull 11-12's all day long. But we aren't comparing the Fit to anything else except a stock Fit.

Those are good times BTW. Good times being it went about 2 seconds faster in the 1/4 than the last time I went with very small mods. That is something to believe is good.

Eh I could keep ranting on. I just dislike when people have to rag on others because they talk about doing performance stuff on a small hp application. This is like over 10yrs ago when most forums had a lot of domestic users and they all talked crap because the 4cyl couldn't do what the V6/V8 guys could.

Again this post was made to show YOU can go out and enjoy your car even if it isn't a 12sec beast (which I do have) and also do a few small mods and get big results.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:48 AM
wow, that post looks like bragging???

Maybe i was bragging about having too much FUN in my Fit! hahahaa!

I don't care how fast/slow it goes... its a fun car. Why don't you be the first to break into the 12's with your car since its so easy... hehe.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:59 AM
what kind of children do you know read novels?
just askin.

Originally Posted by TOOL
Lmao, i actually read that whole thing and it kept me intrested the whole time! That was awesome! You should become an author for childrens novels lol!

Tyler

Last edited by sdPANNfit; 12-21-2007 at 01:47 PM. Reason: cause im cool
Old 12-21-2007, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
ahaha that was an interesting read. and grats on your times man.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:32 PM
the best thread i have ever read. Nothing like friendly racing..but i think Silver Town will be back for you after these races.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Don't get me wrong. I love the FiT, hell I wouldn't of purchased one myself if I didn't :P I just find it weird that people brag about breaking the 16 second mark. I guess I've been in the sport-compact scene too long.

If anything, I believe the fit would be a great contender on say, a skid pad or Solo 2/3. Going fast in a straight line just isn't for these cars.

But hey, prove me wrong

Old 12-21-2007, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
Those are good times BTW. Good times being it went about 2 seconds faster in the 1/4 than the last time I went with very small mods. That is something to believe is good.

Eh I could keep ranting on. I just dislike when people have to rag on others because they talk about doing performance stuff on a small hp application. [/quote]

I think you two not only made a decent time, but HAD A GREAT TIME!!!
Please keep on "braging" about it

Old 12-22-2007, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
nice detailed story! it felt like i was there! good write up ComposiMo! keep it up!!!

Old 12-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by ImPuLsIvE.ca
Don't get me wrong. I love the FiT, hell I wouldn't of purchased one myself if I didn't :P I just find it weird that people brag about breaking the 16 second mark. I guess I've been in the sport-compact scene too long.

If anything, I believe the fit would be a great contender on say, a skid pad or Solo 2/3. Going fast in a straight line just isn't for these cars.

But hey, prove me wrong
It isn't about bragging and saying wow I hit a 16. It's saying hey I almost got a 16 on the 1.5l engine with bolt ons when it ran high 18's to start. Again as I have said before it isn't about running the fastest time because guess what? Plenty of other guys in hondas running much faster than 11's and 12's...so why bother trying to say you can do that when others go faster...Point is that with very small mods you can get a lot out of these small engines and most of all ITS ABOUT FUN.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:16 AM
Banned
Very nice story, great work on putting it online for our enjoyment. Good times also, freak the moaners who cares what they say at least YOU ACTULLY WENT TO THE TRACK while they sit on their butts and complain about you having FUN, you got some improvement and had some fun to. Keep up the good works and buy some rosin to put on your tires and you will be in the 16's before you know it.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:34 AM
5 Year Member
Lightbulb

the Mugen shift boot cover... don't ask how, it just did... it made all the difference in the world! But the other mods that were made, was the Mugen Seat covers, Mugen Drop In Filter, Mugen Header, Mugen Titanium Axle-Back Exhaust, Mugen 5-Way Adjustable Suspension, Mugen Shift Knob, Mugen Shift Boot, Mugen E-Brake Boot, Mugen Gauge Pod and Gauges, Mugen Strut Bar, Mugen Radiator Cap, Mugen Door Sills, Mugen Rain Visors, Mugen License plate Bolts, Panducky Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame, Progress Rear Anti-Sway Bar, Panducky Sway Bar Hardware Kit, BP 87 Octane Economy Fuel....

DAMMIT! Almost all these mods made you hella faster!!1!!!11!!!! Mugen all the way beech!