Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

The Official Shift Knob Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
Hey guys,

I have the ARC Ti shift knob on my Fit (with a Mugen short shifter). The other day I took off my shift knob since I was removing my center console to get to some wires and when I was unscrewing my shift knob, the white thread that is inside of the shift knob came out. To be more specific, the white thread (the core of the shift knob) is still on my short shifter and I'm holding the shift knob in my hand. Has this happened to anyone? How did you guys get the thread core off your shifters and how did you guys get it to stay inside the shift knob?

I probably just screwed it on too tightly when I first got it. Though it's not really a big deal since I love ARC and plan to keep the shift knob. I just wanted to get the thread core off and back into the shift knob because if I wanted to get a Circuit Hero shift lever extender or something, I'm going to need to take that thread core off anyways.

Help?

Old 12-24-2008, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member
uh oh. I never knew that the thread is a seperate piece from the knob. I always thought it was just threaded into the metal inside the knob? only the ARC is like this?

And btw, does anybody have the Blitz shift knob/picture? Sorry if its been shown, but i couldnt find it. Thanks! And good luck with the thread core thing, eightyfour. This is unheard of for me.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
Here's a picture if the Blitz shift knob.

Here is the white piece I was talking about if people are confused.

Apparently it comes out if you screw on your shift knob too tightly or whatever. Since I'm not getting a new shift knob anytime soon and already have a short shifter installed, I'll just leave it alone for now...

I'll prob just use a rubber strap wrench later to get try and get it off. Thanks AnlDyxp GD3 for replying.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
thanks dude, yeah I actually saw those pictures of the Blitz knob, i wana know how low it sits on the Fit shifter and how much "stick" is showing. LOL. its a cool knob though.

And I see what you're saying. So that white part, it looks like it actually threads into the knob correct? if it just slides into it, you might wana take some super glue to it. What i suggest you do, is take like a rubber mat kinda thing, like the ones they have to open PITA jars with, and just wrap it around there and twist it off. should work. That rubber strap wrench thing would probably work too. But be careful, if the plastic is threaded, you wouldnt want to mess that up, not too hard now. LOL .Good luck mang!

Old 12-24-2008, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
Showing "stick" annoys the crap out of me (damn you OCD!) so I got the Mugen SS to minimize that (that and it feels great).

Imo, for future reference and to anyone considering getting a ball shift knob, go with one that has a neck (which is what I should have gotten from ARC, but this was free so whatever). I believe the neck is there so that you don't over tighten your shift knobs.

Regarding my shift knob, I'll mess with it later if I change it out (which is prob not likely). And when I do, I'll use krazy glue to get that sucker back in. I wonder how I would screw that back into the shift knob that...

Btw, if I get the Circuit Hero extender, is that just going to nullify my Mugen SS?

Old 12-24-2008, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EightyFour
Showing "stick" annoys the crap out of me (damn you OCD!) so I got the Mugen SS to minimize that (that and it feels great).

Imo, for future reference and to anyone considering getting a ball shift knob, go with one that has a neck (which is what I should have gotten from ARC, but this was free so whatever). I believe the neck is there so that you don't over tighten your shift knobs.

Regarding my shift knob, I'll mess with it later if I change it out (which is prob not likely). And when I do, I'll use krazy glue to get that sucker back in. I wonder how I would screw that back into the shift knob that...

Btw, if I get the Circuit Hero extender, is that just going to nullify my Mugen SS?
cool. Yeah if i ever get the mugen SS, since it physically makes the shifter shorter unlike the skunk2 where it just shortens the throw..I'd probably get a knob with the neck. Kinda like the Blitz long shift knob. I think the mugen SS with a ball type knob is a bit uncomfortable no? Having to reach very low to shift. And yeah i think the extender thing would kinda defeat the purpose of the mugen SS. It will give the shifter a super long throw. LOL

Old 12-24-2008, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
It was definitely weird at first when I was using my Mugen SS with the ARC shift knob but after a while I got used to it. The actual height of the SS vs stock is only like a 1/2 inch difference. The shift knob is where you get the drop in height. Imo, it's comfortable and perfect for me. Then again, It would all depend on your preference.

In my old civic I had a skunk2 SS and Spoon shift knob. I was just tired of the "taller" pillar shaped shift knobs. I wanted something smaller and more weighty. I've had my sights on ARC for a while now so my gf got me one for my bday.

Since getting it, I wouldn't get anything else.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
Mugen leather boot/'09 Honda OEM knob

The shift knob has a great feel.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:28 PM
that looks sharp!

Old 12-24-2008, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
that looks sharp!
Thanks.

Just ordered the blue-stitched Mugen ebrake cover to match.

Old 12-25-2008, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
that sucks to hear eightyfour
i also have the ARC Ti knob, hopefully it doesnt happen to me.

Last edited by kptrulee; 12-25-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
Just don't over tighten it and it'll be fine.

Btw, no matter how many times I see the ARC Ti shift knob, I still can't get over how damn sexy it is! haha

Old 12-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
yeah i know i was just thinking that!^^^

arc ti ftw!

Old 12-25-2008, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
I <3 my knob! haha

Old 12-25-2008, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
yeah the ARC is sexy, I like that polished blue/purple-ish look though. The polished ARC one is like 200+ bucks. So i'd probably get the T1R knob. They have the polished blue-ish purple-ish color for like 100 bucks.

Old 12-25-2008, 03:55 PM
In Skunk I trust. Weighted knobs ftmfw. Now if I could just get it on tight enough so minor force doesn't loosen it, I'd be golden.

Old 12-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
shit i want to see more of those regas!!!

Old 12-25-2008, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
more info on that mugen AT knob

Old 12-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
In Skunk I trust. Weighted knobs ftmfw. Now if I could just get it on tight enough so minor force doesn't loosen it, I'd be golden.
i didnt use the nut it came with i just screwed it on and it stayed with no problem.

Old 12-25-2008, 06:19 PM
really? Whats the nut for then? I'm gonna try your idea next time I go to my car

Quick Reply: The Official Shift Knob Thread