Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

My HID's are in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 07:18 AM
5 Year Member
My HID's are in!!!

My HID's are in!!!
Just waiting until tonight to take some pics for ya!

Old 09-13-2007, 07:48 AM
5 Year Member
Which set did you get?

Old 09-13-2007, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by martymcfly
Which set did you get?
Well, me being in South Africa, you probably wont know the brand, but its called Race 6500k.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Retired Moderator
Sweet! Cant wait to see the pics!

Old 09-13-2007, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Ok, here we go!!
I hope I took these pics right, someone suggested I take a pic of the light up against my garage door to see the output. So please let me know if I have done these right.
It seems to me that the left light is not straight, maybe someone can confirm this? I know the auto electrician was having trouble with that one.
Otherwise, I'm very happy, such an improvement, not to mention that I'm probably the ONLY Jazz in South Africa with Xenon lights!!!
What do you guys think?
P.S Sorry for the crappy pics - my Canon is at my boyfriend's house so I'm using my Dad's camera.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Those look pretty sweet to me! Good work. They produce a really nice white light.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Crawly
Those look pretty sweet to me! Good work. They produce a really nice white light.
Thanks, I like them a lot!! They got that soft blue glow to them that I dig.
So in your opinion, the lights look like they are aligned and at the right height?

Old 09-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Looks great. Its hard to get the real color of HID's with a camera.
At first I was wondering why the flare is going up on the left side, then I remembered your car is RHD. Here in the US the flare goes up on the left side. This is because of street signs and of course the sides of the road we drive on.

I keep my flat cut off (not the upward flare) around mid door. Say Im driving in the middle of the road and theyre cars parked in the sides of me. My cut off is normally in mid door. Or keep the cut off mid to at the top of peoples bumpers.

Judging by the pics, they may be a little low.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89

I keep my flat cut off (not the upward flare) around mid door. Say Im driving in the middle of the road and theyre cars parked in the sides of me. My cut off is normally in mid door. Or keep the cut off mid to at the top of peoples bumpers.

Judging by the pics, they may be a little low.
When I took the pics, I think the car was on a bit of an incline so it was basically looking down at the garage door. I havent driven it at night yet, I'll do that tonight and then see if they are the right height. I'll take some better pics on flat ground this weekend. I'm still not happy about the left light though, it doesnt look like the right hand one, and I'm not sure what it is, if its not positioned correctly or if its slightly dimmer than the right.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Suzi_q
When I took the pics, I think the car was on a bit of an incline so it was basically looking down at the garage door. I havent driven it at night yet, I'll do that tonight and then see if they are the right height. I'll take some better pics on flat ground this weekend. I'm still not happy about the left light though, it doesnt look like the right hand one, and I'm not sure what it is, if its not positioned correctly or if its slightly dimmer than the right.
It seems like the driverside headlight has a big hot spot and the passenger is what its suppose to look like. Then again, it could be the picture.

My headlights look nice and even against walls. There isnt brighter spots or blobs on light anywhere. Its all smooth.

BTW, and easy way for adjustment is this: If you can see the headlights cutting off in front of you on the road theyre too low.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Retired Moderator
Nice dude, the lights look sweet!

Old 09-15-2007, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
I think Suzi is a dudette aka a girl (female).

Can you confirm this with a picture of yourself?

Nice lights by the way. Wish we had that color Fit in the USA.

Old 09-15-2007, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
they look nice, though they flare up in weird places. But thats typical of an HID kit in a Halogen headlamp.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
It seems like the driverside headlight has a big hot spot and the passenger is what its suppose to look like. Then again, it could be the picture.

My headlights look nice and even against walls. There isnt brighter spots or blobs on light anywhere. Its all smooth.

BTW, and easy way for adjustment is this: If you can see the headlights cutting off in front of you on the road theyre too low.
Hmmm... I think you are right. I think I'll take it back to the auto electrician and ask him if he can adjust it. I hope he can help me though cos when I asked him if it was at the right height he said that it should be cos the globes are going into the same position as the old ones. I also think they are too low, I drove for the first time last night and the visibility was more or less the same as my halogens. These lights definitely dont look even.....

Old 09-15-2007, 03:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Thanks man!!!

Old 09-15-2007, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GeniuneFit
I think Suzi is a dudette aka a girl (female).

Can you confirm this with a picture of yourself?

Nice lights by the way. Wish we had that color Fit in the USA.
Thanks for the compliments, and yes, I am a dudette!!!

Old 09-15-2007, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by abcsr2ez4me
they look nice, though they flare up in weird places. But thats typical of an HID kit in a Halogen headlamp.
Thanks, but I'm not entirely happy with the way that they are flaring and creating hot spots like Mx6GT89 said so I'm going to take it back and get them adjusted. I dont want to drive around with lights that look like a half job!! Would have liked to have done a retrofit, but that looks like a mission, I wouldnt even know where and how to begin!!

Old 09-15-2007, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
Well actually... that isn't a half job. Thats how they looked and that exactly what I was expecting. Think of it this way. Halogen headlamps give auto manufacturers alot of leway in terms of where light is directed on the road. Because halogen's don't produce that much light, most of it is focused towards the front of the car. But once you introduce HID's into them, they produce so much light that all the flaws in headlight design are discovered. A little flare from a regular bulb isn't really gonna blind someone. Its probably a little less stronger than your blinkers. But with HID in, you can see in your pictures, flare is prevalent. I'd be happy with what you've got now.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by abcsr2ez4me
Well actually... that isn't a half job. Thats how they looked and that exactly what I was expecting. Think of it this way. Halogen headlamps give auto manufacturers alot of leway in terms of where light is directed on the road. Because halogen's don't produce that much light, most of it is focused towards the front of the car. But once you introduce HID's into them, they produce so much light that all the flaws in headlight design are discovered. A little flare from a regular bulb isn't really gonna blind someone. Its probably a little less stronger than your blinkers. But with HID in, you can see in your pictures, flare is prevalent. I'd be happy with what you've got now.
Well I was looking at the bulbs and where they are sitting, and I cant really see any way of adjusting them. But what you are saying makes sense, as long as its not blinding anyone (and I havent been flashed yet) then I think I'm ok.
I still think they may be too low, but I'm gonna check that tonite.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I dont think they look bad either. Does the output look good on the road, or can you see the blobs all over? Ive noticed some Civics with HID's that look like complete shat on the road. Beams all over the place, blobs, boogers. Nasty!

I know my light output is smooth all over. The US headlights are GREAT with HID's. Cut off is clean with minimal glare and the output is smooth and wide. Ive never been high beamed and my headlights actually over power OEM reflective HID cars. (Older G35's, IS300, other makes)

It could be my kit though?

Quick Reply: My HID's are in!!!