Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

My HID's are in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
I dont think they look bad either. Does the output look good on the road, or can you see the blobs all over? Ive noticed some Civics with HID's that look like complete shat on the road. Beams all over the place, blobs, boogers. Nasty!

I know my light output is smooth all over. The US headlights are GREAT with HID's. Cut off is clean with minimal glare and the output is smooth and wide. Ive never been high beamed and my headlights actually over power OEM reflective HID cars. (Older G35's, IS300, other makes)

It could be my kit though?
It looks alright on the road, but like I said, the visibility seems no different to my halogens. I don't think it looks bad, but I definitely dont think its smooth all over. Stupid question maybe - but does the chrome headlights having anything to do with the glare? I honestly never knew about the one light flaring upwards slightly to reflect signs but I happened to notice a VW Polo's lights last night and it looked very similar to my left one. I also think you guys have better quality kits over there, than the one I managed to pick up. I think once I adjust them upwards a little, it will be all good.

Old 09-16-2007, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Suzi_q
It looks alright on the road, but like I said, the visibility seems no different to my halogens. I don't think it looks bad, but I definitely dont think its smooth all over. Stupid question maybe - but does the chrome headlights having anything to do with the glare? I honestly never knew about the one light flaring upwards slightly to reflect signs but I happened to notice a VW Polo's lights last night and it looked very similar to my left one. I also think you guys have better quality kits over there, than the one I managed to pick up. I think once I adjust them upwards a little, it will be all good.
Alot of people have different tolerances for Good or bad. Some people are happy with just the color, others are like "kits are bad, don't be a ricer" and others think that the blob of hid on their ceiling makes their car the next best thing since Mercedes. Honestly, I've seen worse. I had a 99 Civic with aftermarket black housing headlights with just regular bulbs and it was all over but in front of me where I needed it. I can understand when you say the output isn't much better than halogens because I put a kit into a 03 Si. We aimed the lights down so low to avoid blinding drivers that the light output compared to the original stock was probably worse. Ironically with the lights aimed downwards, the glare above it served as the primary light.

Like you said the chrome does have alot to do with the glare. I don't think the Fit's headlamps are all that great for HID and personally after I saw your pics I chose not to go with the HID kit. I'm waiting for aftermarket headlamps and I'll retrofit my Valeo projectors in them if they ever come out.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
very nice lights, i hope you don't mind but what brand are they???

Old 09-17-2007, 05:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by abcsr2ez4me
Like you said the chrome does have alot to do with the glare. I don't think the Fit's headlamps are all that great for HID and personally after I saw your pics I chose not to go with the HID kit. I'm waiting for aftermarket headlamps and I'll retrofit my Valeo projectors in them if they ever come out.
A retrofit does make so much more sense, let me know how it goes when you get round to it. Maybe that will be a future project for me too.
Thanks for your input!

Old 09-17-2007, 05:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit Ippo
very nice lights, i hope you don't mind but what brand are they???
Thanks man!!
They are called Race 6500k. Not the greatest of brands, I battled to find a kit in my country and I didnt have a large variety to choose from. They seem to be doing the job ok-ish. Wish I could have been able to get a Ratek kit or one of those kits with a lifetime warranty!!!

Old 09-17-2007, 07:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Suzi_q
Ok, here we go!!
I hope I took these pics right, someone suggested I take a pic of the light up against my garage door to see the output. So please let me know if I have done these right.
It seems to me that the left light is not straight, maybe someone can confirm this? I know the auto electrician was having trouble with that one.
Otherwise, I'm very happy, such an improvement, not to mention that I'm probably the ONLY Jazz in South Africa with Xenon lights!!!
What do you guys think?
P.S Sorry for the crappy pics - my Canon is at my boyfriend's house so I'm using my Dad's camera.
Get your HIDs aligned. If they make it a little better... I used to have 12K ones and I had them aligned almost four times and I din't like it, so I sticked with OEM lights.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Hey Suzi you said that your lights seem low. If you can on an even road and you see a car stopped try stopping about 2-3 cars lengths back (20-25 feet approximately) and see where the top of your light hits. It shouldn't be higher then the top of the car's rear bumper.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
they look really nice dude... good job

Old 09-18-2007, 03:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GeniuneFit
Hey Suzi you said that your lights seem low. If you can on an even road and you see a car stopped try stopping about 2-3 cars lengths back (20-25 feet approximately) and see where the top of your light hits. It shouldn't be higher then the top of the car's rear bumper.
Ok, I'll try that out! Thanks!
But I've come to the realisation that I didnt think this thing through properly.
I should have done more research instead of rushing out and buying a kit and expecting it to look pro. If I had done more research, I would have found out that it would have been better to rather do a retrofit. There would have been no flaring and hot spots.

VS.

But unfortunately whats done is done, and I'll live with it cos it cost me quite a bit of money to buy and install. It doesnt look that bad I suppose and when I use my high beams, they actually look quite straight and there's less flaring. I'm still going to check the height though, but the visibility is better than halogen, in that the beam is more wide now and it picks up road signs and marking much better.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
they look really nice dude... good job
Thanks very much, appreciate it!

Old 10-19-2007, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
I dont think they look bad either. Does the output look good on the road, or can you see the blobs all over? Ive noticed some Civics with HID's that look like complete shat on the road. Beams all over the place, blobs, boogers. Nasty!

I know my light output is smooth all over. The US headlights are GREAT with HID's. Cut off is clean with minimal glare and the output is smooth and wide. Ive never been high beamed and my headlights actually over power OEM reflective HID cars. (Older G35's, IS300, other makes)

It could be my kit though?
what kit are you using where to buy