Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

The Official Blackberry Pearl Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
Guess we will have to wait and see until one turns up in the metal!!

Old 09-15-2007, 12:21 PM
ANY information

I took a chance and just ordered a MT fit in Blackberry Pearl. I hope it is the black amethyst pearl but I'd like some concrete data. The Honda brochure and the website give conflicting images. The salespeople act as if it will be beautiful but it's their job to sell (Lie!) cars. I'm sure the color will be nice BUT I'd like to be sure HOW nice! I was just wanting the most unique color available.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:24 PM
Retired Moderator
^Whens your car coming in? Cant wait to see some pics! BTW im sure its like the Black Amethyst!

Old 09-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL
^Whens your car coming in? Cant wait to see some pics! BTW im sure its like the Black Amethyst!
Supposedly six weeks but it's my belief that the sales/dealership has no clue. I hope it is the black amethyst. Honda might well change the name for some weird marketing motivation. I'd like to see ANY clue, pictures or links whatsoever!

Old 09-15-2007, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
I have yet to see a honda paint color that was the same as a color in another honda market, but with a different name.

I wouldn't count on the blackberry pearl being the same color as suzi's car.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Chance!

I certainly am taking a chance but I doubt it'll be too bad. On the other hand I originally thought I'd get a base fit until I saw and chased down a light blue base fit and was blown away by how "meek" (weak!) it looked up close. I'm hoping soon we'll have some actual pictures to judge by. My experiences in digital photography as well as web development leads me to be skeptical of how the 2008 Fit brochure as well as Honda's website depicts the color. The two are quite different and it's quite likely that both are wrong. We'll see when one arrives.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Retired Moderator
^Yeah you made a great choice by picking the Sport, its well worth the extra 1000!

I went to my Honda dealership today to check out the new Accords(AWESOME!)hoping to also check out a BBP Fit..No luck, they were almost ALL out of Fits, they only had one NHBP S..

Old 09-16-2007, 03:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 743power
I have yet to see a honda paint color that was the same as a color in another honda market, but with a different name.

I wouldn't count on the blackberry pearl being the same color as suzi's car.
Hmm.. I think you are right with that one. Quick question, not to deviate from the original thread, but did the U.S ever get yellow Fits'? I'm just trying to determine which colours you guys got and which ones we got. Well, to be hones, I think we got EVERY single colour Honda ever produced! Black, blue, purple, yellow, silver, white, gold, silver/light blue, red, orange and this almost turquoise colour. Not sure of the official Honda names for them.....

Last edited by Suzi_q; 09-16-2007 at 04:17 AM.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Colors

From the Fit brochure the colors are Storm silver metallic, nighthawk black pearl, milano red, blaze orange metallic, vivid blue pearl and supposedly new for 2008 tidewater blue metallic and Blackberry Pearl. I'm not counting on Blackberry Pearl being exactly black amethyst pearl but it would be nice. In my area (Kansas City) there are very few Fits on the road or dealerships. I just wanted the most unique of the fits and I like the idea of a dark purple. I took a chance but I wanted the most unique US fit and I'm guessing I'll get it!

Old 09-16-2007, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by feddup
From the Fit brochure the colors are Storm silver metallic, nighthawk black pearl, milano red, blaze orange metallic, vivid blue pearl and supposedly new for 2008 tidewater blue metallic and Blackberry Pearl. I'm not counting on Blackberry Pearl being exactly black amethyst pearl but it would be nice. In my area (Kansas City) there are very few Fits on the road or dealerships. I just wanted the most unique of the fits and I like the idea of a dark purple. I took a chance but I wanted the most unique US fit and I'm guessing I'll get it!
Congrats on ordering the car feddup, you'll love it. I'd betting is a dark dark navy metallic color...but, you may be the first person to really find out (at least on these boards).

Old 09-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by SciroccoTDI
Congrats on ordering the car feddup, you'll love it. I'd betting is a dark dark navy metallic color...but, you may be the first person to really find out (at least on these boards).
Honda's website "build your fit" depicts it as an almost black blue whereas the 2008 fit brochure definitely has a purple tint. I'm pretty sure I'll like it either way. The black amethyst pearl is quite stunning so I can hope the blackberry is similar. Honda's kind of weird with their colors. I saw some other purplish accords, oddesys etc. so i searched for them online. I found lots of variations but no blackberry pearl.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:06 AM
GUYZ...i can tell ya it is A PURPLE....when its at night, it looks like black..

asia already has these color years ago...including yellow and pink..

Old 09-19-2007, 03:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by babyy
GUYZ...i can tell ya it is A PURPLE....when its at night, it looks like black..

asia already has these color years ago...including yellow and pink..
Wow!! Id love to see a pink one, anyone got pics??

Old 09-19-2007, 03:59 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Suzi_q
Quick question, not to deviate from the original thread, but did the U.S ever get yellow Fits'?
we haven't gotten yellow in the US

Old 09-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by doctordoom
we haven't gotten yellow in the US
I have a feeling we may get it in 09 with the full redesign..

Old 09-19-2007, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
It's also entirely possible that it's a new color for all markets -- the FMC '08 JDM Fits due out in Oct. have a color called Deep Violet Pearl that's completely new and never offered before anywhere. Since those cars are already being built now, and ours are also in the same factory, it's not a far jump to think they could be using the same paint on both.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:09 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Chikubi
It's also entirely possible that it's a new color for all markets -- the FMC '08 JDM Fits due out in Oct. have a color called Deep Violet Pearl that's completely new and never offered before anywhere. Since those cars are already being built now, and ours are also in the same factory, it's not a far jump to think they could be using the same paint on both.
So they are already making the new redesigned Fits??

Old 09-19-2007, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
They have been for a while, the cars go on sale at the middle/end of October..

Old 09-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Retired Moderator
^Do they look the same as the 09 US Fits?

Old 09-19-2007, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
^Do they look the same as the 09 US Fits?
To my understanding, 08 Japanese Jazz = 09 US fIT

Quick Reply: The Official Blackberry Pearl Thread