Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Questions about JDM front Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Questions about JDM front Headlights

Whats up guys, Im in the process of piecing together a Jdm frontend for 07 Honda Fit.

I have some questions on headlights that were offered to the Fit and what model they come on, as I have only seen a handful with these types of headlights.

Below are pics of what Im talking about.. The 2nd to the last Yellow Fit has "Ctr" style Black chromish inner housing headlights and not color matched.

Did a certain year come with these? Could anyone point me in the right direction, on where I could get a set? Also, is that an OEM frontlip?

Thanks for ANY help you can provide

Old 02-23-2007, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
so you're wondering why that Fit doesn't have a color matched inner housing? i think those people just buy oem headlights of a different color and put them on. jdmchris.com did it to his car. maybe i'm not answering your question correctly... but i tried

Old 02-23-2007, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
Front lip is not OEM and headlights for 07 is body-color not black. Here is my just completed conversion.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:08 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
you can actually buy the blackhousing ones. AJ-R sells both the color matched and blackones. Ive also seen the all chrome ones. Also the lips on those Fits are the Modulo lips it is a Honda part kinda like our HFP, if your familiar with the S2000 you probably know the modulo stuff.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:50 AM
Originally Posted by Fittogo
Front lip is not OEM and headlights for 07 is body-color not black. Here is my just completed conversion.

how much did the conversion cost you? and where did you get the parts from?

Old 02-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Actually there are 3 types of headlight in the picture from what I can tell.
Red = more body color, less chrome(Jazz)
Green = more chrome, less body color(JDM Fit)
Blue = same as Green but flat black housing(JDM Fit/Jazz)

Outside the US, There are so many configuration you can get the GD3 in. It's ridiculous trying to figure out what comes with what. But IMO Green and Blue looks the Best. The red just look too close to USDM to strike as "different".

BTW don't quote me on the describtion as to what parts of the world those headlights belong, I took a guess on those by surfing Honda's site in different country.

Last edited by outlawhonda; 02-26-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:54 AM
Originally Posted by outlawhonda
Actually there are 3 types of headlight in the picture from what I can tell.
Red = more body color, less chrome(Jazz)
Green = more chrome, less body color(JDM Fit)
Blue = same as Green but flat black housing(JDM Fit/Jazz)

Outside the US, There are so many configuration you can get the GD3 in. It's ridiculous trying to figure out what comes with what. But IMO Green and Blue looks the Best. The red just look too close to USDM to strike as "different".

BTW don't quote me on the describtion as to what parts of the world those headlights belong, I took a guess on those by surfing Honda's site in different country.

The red ones are pre-mmc headlights. Notice that the mmc headlights have a blue thingy on the upper part. The headlights on the a&j racing website are the mmc ones

Last edited by blackgd3; 02-27-2007 at 04:58 AM.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Originally Posted by claymore
Like I said already they are stock ones like JDM but ALL those cars are THAI built ones with stock PAINTED INTERNALLY headlights. They are NOT like the one in the photo in blackgd3 post.
Even the ones in the green and blue boxes above?

Old 02-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by claymore
They are all the same headlight (stock JAZZ) just different paint styles applied by the owners after taking them apart and painting them.
Thanks, that really clear up some of the confusion