Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning
View Poll Results: Who makes better racing vehicles
Spoon
71.43%
Hondata
28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Which company is better at producing race vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Banned
Which company is better at producing race vehicles

Simple which company is better at producing race vehicles

A. Spoon

b. hondata

Old 08-08-2007, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
Prodrive!!

Old 08-08-2007, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
J's Racing FTW!

Old 08-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Hondata does not produce race vehicles. However, many Honda race cars use Hondata. Therefore, your poll makes no sense. The heart of every race car is their engine management system of choice. Spoon went with Motec on the Fit. The only thing they've come close to making anything ECU-wise is a Vtec controller for the EG/K civic, which is close to useless with Hondata's S-series system.

ie. KingMotorsport's RSX-S won #1 with Car and Driver magazine in the huge RSX challenge versus other companies.
King Motorsports: 2005 RSX Challenge Champions!

not to mention KingMotorsports had a plethora of products to choose from (including Spoon products), they went with only the best.

Last edited by 03DSM-RSX; 08-08-2007 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Banned
Joey you finally get the point. Spoon builds whole race vehicles and accessory parts. Hondata makes ECUs only it doesn't build race cars or engines.

So your point and blabber about kingmotorsports is irrelevant to this post the car was not built by hondata and didn't have any other parts from hondata only the ECU.

So were back to the same point who knows more about building engine parts that work on the Fit .... oops hondata doesn't build parts for engines only ECUs. I think I will rely on spoon for my engine parts.

Last edited by claymore; 08-08-2007 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
thats odd. i never said Hondata was good at building race cars. I said they specialize in engine tuning, which is what the Spoon thermostat/switch affects the ecu's closed loop operation. Therefore, Spoon is messing with Hondata's playing field.

btw, the owner of Hondata holds the landspeed record in New Zealand in the 1.6L class. So, yes, they can build race cars if they choose to. In fact, they tune countless high HP cars out there. You can have all the mechanical parts u want (built block etc etc), but u'll still need a proper tune. This is where Hondata comes in.

They usually keep race projects under heavy wraps, so you wont see any publication about it til its actually done.

You're still comparing apples to oranges. Spoon is a JDM company that manufactures/sells parts from Japan. Its cool cuz its bling and JDM. But heck, even Japan hasnt even mastered features that Hondata has to offer. Why? because its not their field. I see countless Japan Type-R owners ordering Hondata's system for their R's.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by claymore
Joey you finally get the point. Spoon builds whole race vehicles and accessory parts. Hondata makes ECUs only it doesn't build race cars or engines.

So your point and blabber about kingmotorsports is irrelevant to this post the car was not built by hondata and didn't have any other parts from hondata only the ECU.

So were back to the same point who knows more about building engine parts that work on the Fit .... oops hondata doesn't build parts for engines only ECUs. I think I will rely on spoon for my engine parts.
oh its highly relevant. they had Spoon parts at their disposal. But they went with Mugen. BUT, did not install Mugen's thermostat. hmm.....

and no, Hondata not only provided the ECU, but it was also tuned by them. Do you even know the relevance of ECU tuning in a highly modified car?

Old 08-09-2007, 12:44 AM
Banned
Joey joey we are not talking about ECUs in a highly modified car if you want to debate that subject start a post of your own for a change and we can continue there.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:50 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
ok, but you're still comparing apples to oranges.

i'd gladly own a Spoon RSX, TSX, Fit any day.....minus the thermostat/switch of course.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:36 AM
nice thread claymore! you started a thread trying to make a point with 03DSM-RSX, which i think you failed because you're comparing apples to oranges.
i should make a thread asking who can build a better engine claymore or 03DSM-RSX and see what the others think.
And BTW you are a GREAT moderator!

Old 08-09-2007, 03:15 AM
Banned
Like I posted already troll I'm not a moderator any more so now I can respond to trolls like you just like you do and not whine about my being a mod. This a a poll troll (nice rhyme TROLL POLL) put in your vote and as they say KEEP MOVING back under your bridge. And I would LOVE to be involved in an engine build off against joey but I'm afraid I have an unfair advantage....... I have already built many engines and joey hasn't built ONE YET. So post away put up your poll.

The question is directed at joey and was put up to prove a point that must be over your head, the point is Spoon builds parts and COMPLETE CARS and engines not just ECUs like hondata therefore if I was buying engine parts like lets say a THERMOSTAT AND FAN SWITCH who do you think I would be better off asking for their recommendations the part manufactures or a company that doesn't make parts other than ECUs????? You try and figure that conundrum out and you will know what this poll is about.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:36 AM
5 Year Member
sweet.......

Old 08-09-2007, 06:17 AM
5 Year Member
i dont want to be an ass or get in the middle of claymore's and rsx's pissing match but man you guys are making alot of these usefull threads crappy to read.cant you guys start your own thread and when you have a disagrement go there and fight.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by SPON FIT
i dont want to be an ass or get in the middle of claymore's and rsx's pissing match but man you guys are making alot of these usefull threads crappy to read.cant you guys start your own thread and when you have a disagrement go there and fight.
OHHoooo THIS IS MY OWN THREAD look to the top of the page and see who is the thread starter And we are discussing the results of the poll. glad you think this is a useful thread.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:40 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
can we lock this?

Old 08-09-2007, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
Chris I'm in total agreement with you. This thread is nothing more than a pissing match between two members which would ultimately end up with name calling and childish remarks.

Locked.