Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

For those that have removed the stock radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
For those that have removed the stock radio

please show pictures of the screws that hold the radio in place behind the heater controls!!!!! i have the car open but i can't find those 2 screws!!!!!

Old 09-13-2006, 10:32 PM
=| man, i can't even get the plastic piece from the outside off, how did u get your out?

Old 09-13-2006, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
These instructions will tell you how to get the radio out.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins.../musiclink.pdf

Old 09-14-2006, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
i completed the install the firts wiring is similar to the 06' Civic ex without Navigation.........the radio is a pain to remove................ but take the glove box (2 screws) out first then take the lower cover from the air controls off (1 screw) then remove it it has one plastic clamp holding it in on both sides do one side at a time.......the look up with a good flashlight through the air controls and you will find one screw on the right and the left they look like the glove box screws but they are silver....once you remove them the radio is free just clamps holding it in place before you take it out turn the temp control (hot /cold) counter clockwise and then turn the vent select (feet/head/ glass/)on the other end counter clockwise. then push the fresh air lider to fresh air. Then go back in the glovebox area and with a sharpie (marker) mark the purple hose and the orange hose so that you can put them back in at the same position....then press in the plastic tabs and remove the silver clamp now the radio is free
just start from right to left and pull it out of the dash only plastic tabs hold it in place now. now pull the large harness out of the radio.

i used a high low converter and tapped the radio harness only four wires needed to tap while looking at the harness....on the left side of the harness tap the second wire (top of the harness) (rear right negative) then tap the second wire on the bottom (rear right positive)....then go to the right side of the harness and tap the first to last wire on the top (rear left negative) then tap the first to last wire on the botom (rear left positve) connect your rca output and your done......as for the remote wire for the amp you can go to the drivers dash fusebox and tap the second #10 fuse turns on with the acc check with a tester to be sure it only powers with the acc (key) switch in the on position....

have fun!!!!!