Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Double Din Radio Bezel for USDM Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 06:42 PM
any word on this if it will fit 100% i have a sony Double Din Radio and love to add it to my new FIT thanks ken

Old 08-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Fittogo
We are trying to gauge interest from the car/audio enthusiast before we look at the outside market. This will give us a good idea on how many units we will order. The manufacturer is a supplier of plastic parts for a major car manufacturer in Europe. The final product will be OE or else we don't accept it.
I too, will need a double din for my Honda Fit Sport Automatic with Pioneer AVIC-Z1 head unit. Thanks.

Old 08-19-2006, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
Any word on Crutchfield doing one, I have had luck with their conversion kits in the past.

Old 08-19-2006, 11:29 PM
I would definately be interested since I really do want to change the radio. I would most likely pay up to $100 for the kit. Let me know if you proceed with it, I can Paypal you the money.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
check out this pink fit! Not sure if you guys saw it a while back but it is a left hand drive Fit with an oem double din radio bezel! it looks like it. you would have to pause it and look at it carefully. maybe if we know where the car is from we can source it.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/684408658.../fit_k20_edit/

Old 08-21-2006, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
The pink K20 Jazz is from the Philippines. The 2-din bezel from any other LH drive country (including the Philippines) will not work, as is, for the USDM and Canadian Fit. It will need some modification.

Old 08-21-2006, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
it really sucks then!! so does anyone know how minor or major the modification is?

Old 08-23-2006, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
pretty major, Ben @ A&J racing did it to his FIT; I believe one of the guys on the forums from up there did the install and their was a lot of shaving and cutting to do with a dremel. I'm sure if you take the bezel to a stereo shop they could modify it to fit like OE, but the question is are you willing to pay to get it done, or risk wasting $150 on a bezel you might destroy.

Old 08-23-2006, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
I'm negotiating with a company in Asia that does OE dashboard panels. They are charging me $8K just for the mold for the double din bezel. This does not include the production of the actual bezel itself. It will take about 2 months to make the mold. I don't know if I can recoupe even just the cost of the mold. There seems to be not much interest for this piece. Not unless I hear otherwise, I will drop this project.

Old 08-23-2006, 04:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ModestFIT
pretty major, Ben @ A&J racing did it to his FIT; I believe one of the guys on the forums from up there did the install and their was a lot of shaving and cutting to do with a dremel. I'm sure if you take the bezel to a stereo shop they could modify it to fit like OE, but the question is are you willing to pay to get it done, or risk wasting $150 on a bezel you might destroy.
I guess I can wait a few more months....

if no other shop can't get one done, then I have to choice but to put my money to work...

Old 08-23-2006, 08:35 AM
I'd get one, as long as it fits right. I think i'd pay $75 at most for it though.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Someone that Posts too much
assume that $20 from every sale goes toward the cost of the mold, you would have to sell $8000 / $20 = 400 pieces to just break even on the mold :-O

-joe

Old 08-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Another problem with the LHD double din bezel is the fact that the you also have to buy the AC and Rear Defrost switches as well!! The North American version of the switches will not fit into the holes.

It's just a matter of time before someone comes out with this. I wouldn't spend the money in making a mould....the company will charge you to make the mould and then sell the product to you. Then they'll probably turn around and sell it to someone else!!!

Old 08-23-2006, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Yuf
Another problem with the LHD double din bezel is the fact that the you also have to buy the AC and Rear Defrost switches as well!! The North American version of the switches will not fit into the holes.

It's just a matter of time before someone comes out with this. I wouldn't spend the money in making a mould....the company will charge you to make the mould and then sell the product to you. Then they'll probably turn around and sell it to someone else!!!
The design we gave them will not require any modification/relocation of any of the switches.

Here is a side by side comparison of the LHD double din bezel and a USDM bezel.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
hey fittogo
do u have so more of dat LHD double din panels, i got a JDM GD1 and im lookin for something like dat, i very interested in a LHD double din panels u got there can u post me for prices. and do u ship international.?
post me at "azkiker@gmail.com"

Old 08-23-2006, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Well good news everybody. I emailed SCOSCHE and METRA AUDIO and BOTH companies are going to release a double din bezel for our USDM and CND fit's that are OEM QUALITY in late october/ early november. They both say the bezel is going to cost under $100. So if anybody is going to go and get it custom made, i recommend waiting a couple of months for the drop in piece to be available!

Old 08-23-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
Well good news everybody. I emailed SCOSCHE and METRA AUDIO and BOTH companies are going to release a double din bezel for our USDM and CND fit's that are OEM QUALITY in late october/ early november. They both say the bezel is going to cost under $100. So if anybody is going to go and get it custom made, i recommend waiting a couple of months for the drop in piece to be available!

Good to hear,

thanks for the update mate!

Old 08-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
I assume we'll see these pop up in this forum when they become available? I am very anxous to buy one if it works perfectly with the US Honda Fit.

Old 08-23-2006, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
thats good! i guess i should hold on to my money a lil longer....

Old 08-23-2006, 05:16 PM
is anyone cnoverting the Navi from the new SI into the fit yet?

Quick Reply: Double Din Radio Bezel for USDM Fit