Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

the small antenna

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
Ok...

yeah... it was in the glove box.

I guess the first thing I did when I got in the car was toss the owner's manual on top of it...

Oops.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:37 PM
heyyyyyyyyy i took my antenna off and im using that little plug too. The radio seems to work fine in the city and it looks cooler with out it. i still have my antenna in the glovebox so if i go on road trips i can put it on in like 15 seconds.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:41 AM
Master FitFreaker
where do u guys get the plug at??

Old 09-07-2006, 02:21 AM
my brother found it on the ground at the dealer. it's a plug for when they ship the car from the factory to the dealer. if you go to the dealer theyll get you one for free out of the trash or something

Old 09-07-2006, 04:03 AM
Originally Posted by Kalash
Here's the pics...

I don't think it's in the glovebox...
And unfortunately it's getting too dark to go look for it in the back
Oh well...
Wow, that sux! Thats like the super short antina. So Leet! Sorry bout your luck.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by quangalang
my brother found it on the ground at the dealer. it's a plug for when they ship the car from the factory to the dealer. if you go to the dealer theyll get you one for free out of the trash or something
yea I jsut got home haha thanks for the info... I got it today from a brand new fit that just came in to my dealership

Old 04-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by claymore
That is a shipping plug looks like your dealer did a poor job of dealer prep that you paid for, go back to the dealer and have them put an antenna on your car right now you have no antenna. ps look in the spare tire area or glove box and you may find your antenna. Did they put the mirror brace in your car it looks like a rubber block type bracket that slides up your mirror stalk and the windshield? They probably forgot that if they forgot your antenna.
I have the same plug on my Fit, and I did not find an antenna in the car. What does the mirror brace look like? Can you post a picture of it? I think I found something that might be it, but I'm not sure how it would go on. Either way, there is no brace on the mirror. I don't think my dealer did an pre-delivery inspection, as the book where they mark off the different steps in it was sealed in a bag with the other manuals and nothing was marked off or signed. However, I did not pay anything for an inspection.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by LizardKing
I have the same plug on my Fit, and I did not find an antenna in the car. What does the mirror brace look like? Can you post a picture of it? I think I found something that might be it, but I'm not sure how it would go on. Either way, there is no brace on the mirror. I don't think my dealer did an pre-delivery inspection, as the book where they mark off the different steps in it was sealed in a bag with the other manuals and nothing was marked off or signed. However, I did not pay anything for an inspection.
Just talked to my dealer, and my salesman is on vacation, so I will have to wait until Monday to make an appointment. They will install the antenna, and I will have them install the mirror brace as well. Is there anything else I should have them do while I'm there? I'm only at about 300 miles so I don't need any service yet.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by kps
Marketer: Make the FM antenna cool and short like my cell phone antenna.
Engineer: The FM wavelengths are 10 or 20 times as long as your cell phone wavelengths, so the antennas need to be 10 or 20 times as long to work as well.
Marketer: I don't care about geek stuff like "wavelengths"; can't you just make it short?
Engineer: We can coil-load it, but it won't work as well.
Marketer: I don't care about geek stuff like "coils"; can't you just make it short?
Engineer: Yes, but it won't work as well.
Marketer: I don't care about geek stuff like "working"; can't you just make it short?
Engineer: Yes.
Marketer: Do it. [Aside] I had to tell him four times; he must be really stupid.

sorry but this got me to crack up so much. and the thing about not getting the antenna for the fit. that is F up man, it like saying you got a fit without the hood. funny stuff! u goy made my night. thank you

Old 05-17-2007, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
Hmm, anyone remember the Mercedes Benz antenna operation and theory manual that was part of the owner's manual for the cars in the 1970s and early 1980s? It was about a four page booklet.

Some Benzes had electric antennas with a switch to allow the driver to raise and lower, the discussion was how much to raise or lower the antenna depending on station and geographical location.

....somehow, this is probably lost to folks that have a difficult time putting air in their tires .

Thanks for the Matrix tip, I have a co-worker with a Matrix, I may see if I can borrow his for a day to see if the reception does improve. The Fit's reception is below that of many other cars I have owned over distances.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Kalash
Here's the pics...

I don't think it's in the glovebox...
And unfortunately it's getting too dark to go look for it in the back
Oh well...

Do you still have the 'plug' as pictured? Some jackass stole my antenna, but I'm looking for something to cover the hole as opposed to replacing the antenna... I'd be willing to pay you via PayPal for that!

-Jeff