Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Antenna adapter power wire...??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Antenna adapter power wire...??

Everything I've read says that the blue wire coming off the Antenna adapter is supposed to attach to the blue/white power wire on the pioneer head unit. That wire is labeled as System Control Terminal or something like that. From my understanding, that is used for the amp if (and in my case when) I get an amp to go with the head unit.

Can someone PLEASE clarify this for me?

Just to be clear I'm talking about THIS antenna adapter hooked to THIS HEAD UNIT

Thanks in advance for the help!

Old 04-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Still looking for help regarding this, don't want to take off the dash again until I know for sure what I'm hooking to...

Old 04-16-2010, 12:28 PM
I really really really would like a little direction if at all possible.

I'm not above begging for help, so please help...

Old 04-16-2010, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
The 2007 fit doesn't need the blue wire to be hooked up because we don't have power antenna's. Some other honda's come with power antenna's, but use the same harness. It's a universal harness for honda's.

What i did was i capped off that blue wire off the antenna harness, and my headunit had a blue wire for "power antenna" or "amplifier remote." They do the same thing. So i hooked up my headunits blue wire to my amp.

You are almost right. Cap off ur blue wire off the antenna harness as well. If you have an amp, hook up your amp remote wire to the headunits blue/white wire.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:57 PM
This is how I have it, but my radio signal coming in is horrible....

Old 04-16-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm afraid that the Pioneer radio tuner isn't very happy with the stubby little antenna in the Fit my friend. I have the same exact issue in my GD3 with a Pioneer P3100dvd. In fact I asked the same question you did. Only difference is that ALL my radio frequencies don't come in, not just AM. So don't feel too badly if you can't make it work right. I just listen to my XM instead LOL

Old 04-16-2010, 05:23 PM
That makes me very very sad to hear...

not giving up, gonna keep digging and find some way to make it work...

Old 04-16-2010, 05:29 PM
I think you would be well served to try a longer antenna from another vehicle in the Honda line-up. An Odyssey maybe? Whats the worst that could happen? You'll get great radio reception and the Fit will look like a bumper car LOL

Old 04-16-2010, 05:32 PM
ROFL, that's awesome. I got enough crap from people saying it looks like a roller skate. Haven't heard that one before.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Bump...still in need of help...

Old 04-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Thumbs down The RIGHT WAY

Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
The 2007 fit doesn't need the blue wire to be hooked up because we don't have power antenna's. Some other honda's come with power antenna's, but use the same harness. It's a universal harness for honda's.

What i did was i capped off that blue wire off the antenna harness, and my headunit had a blue wire for "power antenna" or "amplifier remote." They do the same thing. So i hooked up my headunits blue wire to my amp.

You are almost right. Cap off ur blue wire off the antenna harness as well. If you have an amp, hook up your amp remote wire to the headunits blue/white wire.

... YOU ARE WRONG! Not only do you need a power connection for the antenna, but you will not get ANY reception without connecting it.

The Blue wire from the powered antenna harness should be connected to the remote turn on/power antenna/amp turn on lead of the new head unit, it will sufficiently power the antenna booster; IF you don't have one of these connections, splice into the 12 volt switch on the ignition not the 12 volt constant/memory.

This applies to all newer Honda models.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
i made this video today testing out what dave said. he is completely right

YouTube - Honda radio reception problem fix

Old 04-12-2011, 12:46 AM
if you remove the headboard there is an amplifier bolted to the base of the antenna....it gets its power from that magical little blue wire....without 12volt to the antenna amplifier you will get nothing....ive already taken the car apart in order to test that amplifier to see if it in was working properly....after removing it from the car and testing it i found it was funtioning correctly and reinstalled it....turns out either the fm tuner in the stock deck is a POS or its bad.