Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't mind those JDM covers, especially the red ones , but I'm sure as hell not going to pay that much though.

Old 06-21-2006, 01:17 AM
ModestFit, please let us know how the seat cover installation goes.

I know you'll have to modify it in 3 places, but not sure if there are more:

1 - Side air bags
2 - Rear centre headrest
3 - Left (our drivers, JDM passengers) rear seat

Old 08-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Yuf
where can i find this seat cover for more details? Pls ...

Old 08-23-2006, 05:35 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
My Mugen seat covers are on the way. Talk to Ben at A&J racing
where can i find this seat cover for more details? Pls ...
JHPUSA has them. I dont suggest ditching $800 for the front seats and the rear seats. They only come with red stitching and the side airbag is covered. JHPUSA claims that theyre leather, but Ive read that its vinyl.

I have to admit, they are sexy! Scroll down.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/show...?t=7731&page=2

Old 03-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Bumping an old thread

my wet okole covers have all openings

Old 03-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
I bought $20 seat covers from Pep Boys before I realized there were air bags in the seats. I don't have my Fit yet, so I haven't been able to thoroughly investigate the viability if this, but wouldn't it be pretty simple to put in the seat covers and just cut out the area where the airbag deploys from?

I only got seat covers to keep the front seats nice and to help prevent stains and burns (I'm a smoker), so I don't really care if the seat covers aren't in top condition. Does anyone see a problem with the idea of just cutting out a hole?

Last edited by LizardKing; 03-23-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by LizardKing
I bought $20 seat covers from Pep Boys before I realized there were air bags in the seats. I don't have my Fit yet, so I haven't been able to thoroughly investigate the viability if this, but wouldn't it be pretty simple to put in the seat covers and just cut out the area where the airbag deploys from?

I only got seat covers to keep the front seats nice and to help prevent stains and burns (I'm a smoker), so I don't really care if the seat covers aren't in top condition. Does anyone see a problem with the idea of just cutting out a hole?
The sheepskin covers that I bought from Costco have the outside of the cover slit, with a Velcro strap holding the bottom of the slit closed below the air bag cover. So your covers with a hole cut at least as long as the airbag is tall, and a loose fit, should not interfere with the air bag deployment. The bag comes out with a LOT of force, so you should be fine.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by manxman
The sheepskin covers that I bought from Costco have the outside of the cover slit, with a Velcro strap holding the bottom of the slit closed below the air bag cover. So your covers with a hole cut at least as long as the airbag is tall, and a loose fit, should not interfere with the air bag deployment. The bag comes out with a LOT of force, so you should be fine.

How are those holding up? Do they fit snug?

Keep going back and forth between the sheepskin and hte neoprene.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by WhatFreshHell
How are those holding up? Do they fit snug?

Keep going back and forth between the sheepskin and hte neoprene.
If I hadn't found the sheepskin, I would have bought the neoprene from Coverking. The sheepskin covers are in perfect condition and snug as you could want. Very comfortable, and lower cost than the neoprene. I had another set of sheepskins from Costco that lasted 12 years until I wrecked the truck.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Mugen Ftw!

Old 04-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Modifying cheap seat covers

I cut holes in the seat covers where the plastic airbag covers are, then I tucked the cut edge under that plastic, and it looks great. The only problem is that I no longer have easy access to the head-rest to remove them to recline the front seats all the way back.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Banned
I cut holes in the seat covers where the plastic airbag covers are, then I tucked the cut edge under that plastic, and it looks great. The only problem is that I no longer have easy access to the head-rest to remove them to recline the front seats all the way back.
Suggestion:
Take your cheap covers back off, pull off your head restraints, put the covers back on and pull them tightly over the backs of the seats and safety-pin them to take up the slack. Use an X-acto knife to cut cross slits in the covers over the head restraint holes, then put the head restraints back on. Take them on and off whenever you want.

Old 04-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Suggestion:
Take your cheap covers back off, pull off your head restraints, put the covers back on and pull them tightly over the backs of the seats and safety-pin them to take up the slack. Use an X-acto knife to cut cross slits in the covers over the head restraint holes, then put the head restraints back on. Take them on and off whenever you want.
I thought about doing that, but the seat covers are shaped and sized to include head rests, and the holes i just cut for the air bags will be in the wrong places. I will consider trying this when I replace the covers, however.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:08 PM
I mentioned before that I tucked the cut edge of the seat covers under the plastic airbag-cover. However, they keep coming out as people get in and out of the car, so I've kept tucking them back in. Is there any danger of setting off the airbag by doing it? I'm using a flat, narrow piece of metal. Also, does anyone have any ideas how to prevent them frim coming out? I thought about gluing them, but I don't want to ruin the actual seats. Thanks!

Old 04-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Banned
My suggestion is to give up on the cheap crap and buy GOOD quality seat covers made to fit. But it's your car, so do what you want.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
AXS a company in Aussieland has some nice seat covers. I'm trying to source a set at the moment!

Old 04-12-2007, 08:02 PM
My suggestion is to give up on the cheap crap and buy GOOD quality seat covers made to fit. But it's your car, so do what you want.

I haven't found any that fit that don't cost several hundred dollars. Anyone know of less expensive ones?

Old 04-14-2007, 09:57 PM
I ordered the Leatherette ones from Coverking

but they are not here yet. I am anxious to see what they will look like. $400 for both front and back.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:21 AM
My JDM seat covers
few things to point out:
  • There are no cut out for side airbags. but the rear of the seat cover only secure by two magic tape like material, so I think the airbag would actually have enough force to explode and push away the seat covers in the case of accident.
  • The rear seat belt lock cannot go over the pre cut holes of the seat cover, I believe it is due to the JDM cars have different size seat belt lock.
  • Driver and passenger side doesn't not fit perfectly (look at the first image.) Probably due to seats difference between RHD and LHD.
  • No cover for center head rest.
  • There is a hole at the side of driver seat, I'm not too sure what's that for.
  • I have whole bunch of winkles on these covers. I washed them but never iron it. so I'm not sure if they will actually go away.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
I haven't found any that fit that don't cost several hundred dollars. Anyone know of less expensive ones?
I've seen a set for front and back seats for about $125 on ebay. Not the fanciest material, I think it's just canvas or something but it does the job and is washable.

Quick Reply: Seat Covers