Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Bass Increase = B-pillar noise?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
Bass Increase = B-pillar noise?

i recently added a single 12'' enclosed subwoofer in my car, i dont listen to THAT much bass but i do like to know it's there, after this added bass lots of vibrations can be heard from the B-pillar area and the dash, anyone know of ways to fix this? would adding dynamat to the doors or trunk lessen it? thanks

Old 12-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
do you leave anything in that little storage compartment below the vent on the left side of the steering wheel? i forgot i did and heard vibrations from there.....one penny and my garage remote =/

Old 12-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator
more stuff is going to rattle when you add subs and bass. I believe adding dynamat should reduce the vibrations.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
Oh man i have coins in there!! okay time to take it out and see...

yeah it sucks almost everything in the car is plastic.. haha i'll probably do dynamat later on if i get some nice speakers/hu, i have a huge Precision Power amp in my closet but no h/u yet

Old 12-15-2009, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
i think my visors rattle "/ but idk

Old 12-19-2009, 12:50 AM
Cap
5 Year Member
sound deadening is an art all to itself. dynamat is good but don't expect it to help much with the dash. you need to hunt down each vibration and deal with it on an individual basis. yes, our cars do have much plastic so it will be a real challenge. check everything for tightness in the dash area and look for gaps witch can be "stuffed" with insulating material. it's good that you don;t have noise from the hatchback area, which is often a trouble area.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:53 AM
Cap
5 Year Member
hey VINN,

what happened to your car in the photo on the right? nasty looking damage.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
what the hell is this crap?

Originally Posted by lihongwei
A salesman tried to sell his product to a farmer. He said he wasn"t interested because he hadn"t seen any bugs or insects on his farm for years. The salesman indicated he had a wife and four kids and really needed the money. The farmer still didn"t think he needed any insect repellent but he felt sorry for the salesman and said,I"m so sure there aren"t any insects around here, if you"ll strip naked, I"ll tie you to my barnyard fence for the entire night. When morning comes, if you"ve got even one insect bite on you, I"ll buy every can of repellent you"ve got. The salesman was elated and readily agreed to being tied up naked. That night, the farmer tied the naked salesman to the barnyard fence and went to bed. Several times during the night he thought he heard the salesman moaning and groaning. However, when he went out the next morning, the salesman didn"t have even one bite or scratch on him. The farmer asked,What was all that moaning and groaning about last night?That was the worst night of my life, the salesman replied,doesn"t that damn calf have a mother? By the way, the salesman bought nike puma y3 cheap shoes in my shoeshoppe.www.shoeshoppe.biz.www.thankshoes.com www.airshooes.com

Old 01-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Cap
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
what the hell is this crap?

loooooooooool!

Old 02-19-2010, 03:49 AM
I have bad vibration on the passenger door by the handle in the back were the middle seatbelt is and the lincence plate but I fixed the plate a great fix for the place is some 3m double sticky And to fix the rest turn the bass up hier to drown it out lol

Old 02-19-2010, 10:37 PM
I hate to tell you this accordguy, but it only gets worse! I just got done installing better speakers in all the doors and the rattlefest has begun in earnest. And this is with only a HU and better speakers. I am going to systematically go through and eliminate the rattles until i have them all. The unforetunate side effect of an interior made entirely out of hard plastic....

Old 02-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Cap
5 Year Member
exactly. there is so much plastic in there that each car will present a challenge for dampening.

really though, to get good sound in any model of car will require some work in this area. it's part of the system setup really...