Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

My Fit's ICE Journey

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 01:52 AM
My Fit's ICE Journey

So, I really love car audio, video, and security. It's really the only part of car work that I can do and actually enjoy. When it comes to my car, that's all I'm really concerned about. Sure, I'd love to have some nice rims, awesome suspension and all the intake/exhaust you can handle, but I don't have the cash laying around for that work. So all I'm concerned about is a decent sounding audio system, and maybe some fun little upgrades on the interior.

That being said, I've finally started working on the inside of my 2008 Base Fit. It's a slow process as I'm a full time student and have a full time job. But I'll be doing it a bit at a time, and I wanted to share the process with everyone in one consolidated thread. So this is that thread. If you get bored, as I tend to talk a lot more than needed, feel free to move along!

First, a bit about myself. I live in Southern California, am in my mid-20's, and getting close to transferring from my community college to a state university for culinary arts and hospitality management. I work full time at a national electronics retailer where I install car audio/video/security all day. So, needless to say by the time I get home, I'm either tired of cars or don't feel like working with hardly any light.

You'll be seeing a lot of edits in this thread. I'll be trying to keep each project in it's own post, but it may not end up nearly as organized as I'd like. Please feel free to ask questions and make comments/criticisms as you feel! All feed back is totally appreciated!

Old 09-05-2009, 01:57 AM
Tint and Alarm

So the first thing done was tinting. I haven't taken any pictures yet of the tint, as my poor Fit has been in a bit of an embarrassing state of cleanliness due to lack of time. As soon as I get a chance to spend 6-8 hours detailing, I'll post up some pictures. I went with 20%, and did it legally according to the great state of California, which means no tint on the front windows. I don't mind, I'd rather not bother with the ticket.

The second project after that was installing my alarm/remote start. I was able to do that in my shop at work about 6 weeks ago, and couldn't be happier. Please see this thread for a bit of a detailed explanation. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...m-finally.html

You can ask questions in here or in that thread if you'd like, doesn't matter to me. As I mentioned in the above thread, I'll be doing the power window control modules in a few weeks as soon as I've bought them. They'll allow me to roll my windows up or down via the remote, and will roll my windows up when I arm the alarm.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:13 PM
I'd like to have remote roll-up without the aftermarket alarm! If that could be incorporated into the factory key controls that would be the bestest (LOL)

Old 09-05-2009, 08:08 PM
What HU are you planning on putting in there?

Old 09-08-2009, 02:50 AM
Originally Posted by Stravos
What HU are you planning on putting in there?
I've already put a DEH-P6100BT Pioneer in. It's a good head unit with built in Bluetooth including an external mic. The Bluetooth sounds great, both for me and the person on the other end. That was the main thing for me buying it. It's got a couple of small annoying features though. Like the USB connection is on the front, which means that I've ran my USB iPod cable into the pocket and through the dash to come to the glovebox. That way my iPod can stay concealed. And I'm also pretty sure that it's got a pretty low-end USB decoder in it, because the music playing from my iPod doesn't sound nearly as good as a CD. And the display is a little lame, but it's okay. It was a cheap HU for me that had a few key features that I was looking for.

I'll hopefully be doing some more work tomorrow, so I'll take pictures during daylight and post a little bit. I took pictures the other night but they look like crap!