Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Songs that sound best with Stock HU?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
Songs that sound best with Stock HU?

Greetings,

Which songs have you found sound REALLY good on the stock radio/speaker set up?

I'm not a big audiophile or anything, but I do realize that how something is mixed, engineered, recorded, etc. makes a significant difference, and I also feel that for some strange reason I don't think the radio even sounds as good as my old cars'. I don't have a terribly large collection of CDs or mp3s that I listen to all the time.. but I have a decent amount. (Heck my old cars were all cassette... I just realized this is my first car without a cassette deck! now I gotta replace all those tapes! )
That being said, I'm not terribly busy going through the CDs I own one at a time...
However, I did get out a few sampler CDs to test the system...

and I found *one* song that sounds rather good on the system.. Neuroticfish's Prostitute from an old Isotank promotional CD that I have. YouTube - Neuroticfish - Prostitute (if you were curious.)

I'm curious what other songs you may have found that you think stand out in terms of how they sound on the stock setup, and in what format?

thanks

Old 08-28-2009, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
Cool thread idea man! Yeah I'm sure that song pounds pretty good with the stock setup. I can't think of anything off hand, but I know what you mean about some songs really hitting the sweet spot of the system. I will probably be spending a lot more time experimenting with my system after I get my new component set installed tomorrow. Keep the song suggestions coming guys.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:44 AM
On my 07 Sport, nothing sounded good. Sometimes it wasn't anything I could put my finger on, just a general grating and feeling of annoyance at the music. Until I upgraded the head unit, I found myself listening to very little in the car.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
I don't really have a set of songs that sound better than others but IMO the stock setup plays highs better than lows. All I feel when I turn up the base is the speaker bumping against my left leg in the front. There is no DEEP feeling to them at all. The magent's just too small.