Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

which kicker amp to power my...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 11:48 PM
which kicker amp to power my...

two 12inch Kicker CVRs...

RMS 400 Max 800...

Looking to go with a Mono but if a good two channel is around ill go for it...

Kicker is my Number one choice seeing as how all my Audio components are Kicker...

Thanks...

Old 08-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Kicker sucks....get another brand of amp till you blow those kicker speakers then upgrade the speakers to something not made in china. FYI im speaking from experience as I now have kicker L7's with a ton of power behind them and they suck.
Look into these guys for amps/speakers
Audiopulse Welcome to Audiopulse
Sundown Audio - Sundown Audio - Quality Mobile Amplifiers & Subwoofers
Alumapro
DDAudio Digital Designs Speakers Made in the USA
xtant ...vivid mobile audio
::CROSSFIRE CAR AUDIO::
i could go on for days...

Old 08-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by artieman
Kicker sucks....get another brand of amp till you blow those kicker speakers then upgrade the speakers to something not made in china. FYI im speaking from experience as I now have kicker L7's with a ton of power behind them and they suck.
Look into these guys for amps/speakers
Audiopulse Welcome to Audiopulse
Sundown Audio - Sundown Audio - Quality Mobile Amplifiers & Subwoofers
Alumapro
DDAudio Digital Designs Speakers Made in the USA
xtant ...vivid mobile audio
::CROSSFIRE CAR AUDIO::
i could go on for days...
ive been using Kicker going on 6 years now and they have never let me down. Not saying this is you, but most people that use Kicker either have the wrong set up as far as enclosures go or amp.

My one Kicker CVR 12, can out perform most peoples set up with 2 subs going... Some of the brands i have out done (JBL, JL Audio, MTX)

But thank you for the websites...

Old 08-24-2009, 04:09 PM
You can get some pretty solid amps for cheap that will power those well.

I used a Profile California for a while and it did the job fantastically. Thing cost about $130.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by setter11
ive been using Kicker going on 6 years now and they have never let me down. Not saying this is you, but most people that use Kicker either have the wrong set up as far as enclosures go or amp.

My one Kicker CVR 12, can out perform most peoples set up with 2 subs going... Some of the brands i have out done (JBL, JL Audio, MTX)

But thank you for the websites...
This is the pro box with L7 designed, built, and sold by kicker. If they cant build a proper enclosure for their own subs then???
Kicker used to be quality made components but now have everything made in china by the lowest bidder. Same thing happend to fosgate and a lot of other brands.
Time to move on people...read...learn...research....then purchase

Old 08-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Unfortunately yes. My 2004 L7 was my baby before I blew it (improperly set gains, bass boost on the HU... I was a 19 year old idiot). I don't think the new models are nearly as good. It pisses me off because in the day Kicker was my favorite brand for well-priced parts that slammed. My whole system was Kicker in my Mazda Mx3. Speaker-wise anyway.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:04 AM
I have a Solar baric 12' L5 kicker and it's actually too loud. I'm actually going on my 5th year and it's still hitting hard. But if I had the money...I would go JL audio. But I'm not complaining =P

Old 09-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by BKim1286
I have a Solar baric 12' L5 kicker and it's actually too loud. I'm actually going on my 5th year and it's still hitting hard. But if I had the money...I would go JL audio. But I'm not complaining =P
JL is hilariously overrated, not to mention outrageously expensive. If you want something better than Kicker there are a hundred options for half the price. DC Audio, RD Audio, Incriminator, RE, AudioQue, Ascendant, Digital Designs...

Old 09-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to have to take a look at them later. Probably after the kicker is beat up

Old 09-29-2009, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
You really can't go wrong with those cvrs they still remain your best spl per dollar with decent sq if you build a good box. People just can't comprehend that it really is 90% box 10% driver. With this in mind cvrs (and kicker in general) are volume HUNGRY my 2 cvrs are ported at 34 hz in a 4.4 cubes box . It takes up the entire cargo area but is worth it. As for the amp just keep in mind the cvrs are only rated for 400 watts in a 1 cube sealed box that will not sound great. They are rated for 300 watts in all other enclosures especially ported enclosures (however a ported enclosure at 300 watts will still be louder than the sealed at 400). Good luck and have fun. Just rember to keep that ptf down and you'll still have sq.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 09-29-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by artieman
This is the pro box with L7 designed, built, and sold by kicker. If they cant build a proper enclosure for their own subs then???
Kicker used to be quality made components but now have everything made in china by the lowest bidder. Same thing happend to fosgate and a lot of other brands.
Time to move on people...read...learn...research....then purchase
Actually... Many have attested that kicker sucks at making boxes. You ever read the tech manual for the subs you will see that all of the suggested boxes from the kicker engineers are vastly different. Combine that with the fact that square woofers are natually prone to being full of fail - read: distortion - and it makes sense. So yes there are definetly better speakers available but not at the same
value.