Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Audio Questions..

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Audio Questions..

Hey guys i had a quick couple of questions. Im buying two 12" rockford subs tommorrow and an amp. How hard is it to wire them to my car, i have never done this and it seems i might have to take it to someone. Also ive been reading a couple of these forums and it seems that the HU has a big impact on your sound quality. If i keep the original HU will it effect the quality of my subwoofers? If i do need to change the HU, what is your guys favorite?
thanks

Old 08-17-2009, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
As novice as you sound, take it to someone that does it for a living. Changing the HU can and will improve your sound. Favorite heads are Kenwood and Eclipse. They are others that will suit your needs also.
Welcome to Fit Freak by the way!!

Old 08-17-2009, 11:19 PM
thank you! ive been readin these forums forever but never actually became a member.

what i think im going to try to do is work around the original HU and see what happens. Although success stories for those that have tried this are rare i think its worth a try.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
You'll be fine with the stock HU. I have been running with the stock navi and 12" JL sub for a while now. Your setup should buy you at least a year or so of enjoyment. Then the itch returns and you end up with another upgrade like HU or door speakers.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:27 AM
sweet thanks for all the help

Old 08-18-2009, 04:40 AM
5 Year Member
adding an amp and 2 subs was the first thing i did too. it made such a big difference to the stock sound system in the car! you should do a lot of reading up on it if you really want to try it on your own because you'll have to do things involving working in the engine bay of the car, feeding the power cable of the amp through an existing hole in the firewall (the "wall" between the engine bay and where you sit and drive) or drilling a new one, and quite a bit of wiring.

i have a Pioneer DEH-P7150UB, which i think is really good, not just sound wise, but it adds a lot of functionality too (usb, aux, built-in equaliser, etc). i found the sound quality improved quite a lot when just changing the HU; the sounds seem crisper and more powerful than with the stock HU.

good luck with the new setup tho!