Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Weird Problem... help please?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:02 AM
Weird Problem... help please?!

so i have this weird problem when i just installed my 4 channel amp i installed it perfectly and it works perfectly with my driver side door open but when i close it i get this ugly buzzing sound only from that one door but when i open it its perfectly fine any one have a clue whats wrong?

Old 07-10-2009, 12:45 PM
that is wierd.....

is it like a feedback kind of sound?? if theres a mic for the bluetooth, this could possibly do it if somethings wrong with it.

check your connections for the wires for driverside door speakers and your grounds. make sure you have enough wire to the doors, maybe somethings pulling when the doors shut.

when did this start? when you installed the amp? what equipment did you have before the amp?

keep us updated. also id try posting something up on caraudioforums.com those guys have always been a huge help for me.

Old 07-10-2009, 04:50 PM
the problem started a day after i installed the amp and there is a mic for the bluetooth, but i dont think its feed back ill go check that in a little.

My grounds i have the kit Kicker PDK1 which uses a d block for a power and one for a ground my amp i recently put in was a 4 channel Boston acoustic GT-475 and ive had a Fusion 600w for my sub which doesnt distort or anything so im not really sure if its my grounds i have to go check that.
Thanks man!

Old 07-10-2009, 10:47 PM
If it's as simple as door open = good, and door closed = bad then you would do well to re-run the wire, and /or check that the wire is not pinching anywhere when the door is closed, either way it shouldn't take too long to check near the door panel. and even splice in a section of wire if you happened to run it under carpet or something.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:42 PM
well its more like door open at a certain point is ok and anymore open gives a squeal and i have plenty of wire for it also if it is pinching what sound would it give me?
and its not feed back from the blue tooth just tested it.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Unhook the speaker wire from you amp and measure the impedance with your door closed and open. If you see a difference there is a wire problem.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:51 AM
yeah thats what i'd do ^^^^^ try turning off your dome light - see if that changes anything, it could have to do with the ground for the dome light

Old 07-14-2009, 05:40 PM
hmm well after opening the door and inspecting the contents of inside the door apparently one of the clips holding the wire to the doors was unhooked and was being pushed away by the metal guidance rail so it was as easy as zip tying it back to its original spot kinda weird though because it didn't seem like it pulled on the wires when i traced it back to the fuse box area but it works so I'm not complaining thanks a lot though guys lol.