Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Product Review- '09 Leather/Blue Stitch Auto Shift Selector Knob

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Banned
Thumbs down Product Review- '09 Leather/Blue Stitch Auto Shift Selector Knob

My suggestion- DON'T BUY IT. This is the OEM Honda Accessory shift selector knob. Although it looks like blue stitched, brown leather, it is so hard, shiny and slippery, it could very well be a molded plastic fake.

The stock black rubber knob feels much better in your hand and is far less slippery. For $80.00 or so, the small increase in appearance, that can't be seen from more than 3 feet away, is not worth the money.

The GD Fits had a much better looking stock shift knob, and had various colors of padded, soft leather accessory knobs as after-market. I was under the impression that this leather knob was of similar design, but I was very wrong.

Both the GD stock knobs and accessory knobs were much better looking and much better quality. Maybe some manufacturer will market a more comfortable and better looking GE Auto shift knob, maybe not, but you have better places to invest your $80.00 than the Honda leather(?) shift knob.

Just my $.02

Old 02-21-2009, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for the review. i was really wanting that shift knob for a while, just couldn't bring myself to spend so much money. anybody care to sell a stock GE AT shift knob to me?

Old 02-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by secondspassed
thanks for the review. i was really wanting that shift knob for a while, just couldn't bring myself to spend so much money. anybody care to sell a stock GE AT shift knob to me?
Actually, in 2 1/2 years of Fit ownership and customizing experience, I have learned to hang onto all stock parts that I have taken off for any reason. I might need them again. In this case, I will probably put the stock knob back on and maybe(?) offer the leather one for sale at some time in the future. I'm going to use it for a while and see if it "grows on me".

This is not a BAD accessory, just not worth the cost- no performance value, and little appearance value.

If Honda made one for the '09s that is just like the leather knobs for the first. gen. cars, I would definitely buy one- they were nice, felt good and looked good. The new ones are JUST OK.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:55 PM
I have the blue stiched one on my fit and I like the thing. It matches my interior..lol. I personally don't think it feels bad, though I don't rest my hand on it like I have a manual trans. I didn't pay $80 for it either. I paid $58.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JPGC
I have the blue stiched one on my fit and I like the thing. It matches my interior..lol. I personally don't think it feels bad, though I don't rest my hand on it like I have a manual trans. I didn't pay $80 for it either. I paid $58.
You don't want to sell your stock one to me do you????? Pretty please?

Old 02-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Banned
I'm just curious- why do you want to buy a stock shift knob?

Old 02-21-2009, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
I have an '08 Sport and I much prefer the stock knobs that come with the '09 Fits. I could buy one new for like $40 I think but a used one in good shape from someone who doesn't need theirs would be cheaper.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Check your PM's

Old 03-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by manxman
My suggestion- DON'T BUY IT. This is the OEM Honda Accessory shift selector knob. Although it looks like blue stitched, brown leather, it is so hard, shiny and slippery, it could very well be a molded plastic fake.

The stock black rubber knob feels much better in your hand and is far less slippery. For $80.00 or so, the small increase in appearance, that can't be seen from more than 3 feet away, is not worth the money.

The GD Fits had a much better looking stock shift knob, and had various colors of padded, soft leather accessory knobs as after-market. I was under the impression that this leather knob was of similar design, but I was very wrong.

Both the GD stock knobs and accessory knobs were much better looking and much better quality. Maybe some manufacturer will market a more comfortable and better looking GE Auto shift knob, maybe not, but you have better places to invest your $80.00 than the Honda leather(?) shift knob.

Just my $.02
Aesthetically, I think it has upgraded the interior. With it being an AT knob, I don't maneuver it much, and thus am not too concerned about it being slick to the touch. The blue stitching really compliments the existing blue lighting from the dash.

This, in conjunction with the aluminum sport pedals and carbon fiber trim kit has really stepped up the interior of my GE.