Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

No audio after Avic D3 install? Fit amp wire color

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 07:17 PM
No audio after Avic D3 install? Fit amp wire color

Has anyone run into this issue? I have the metra harness for my Fit w/o a blue/wht amp turn on wire. When I hooked it up in the Fit, everything is good, but I have no audio unless maxed. The harness for my Element has the blue/wht and it worked fine. Does anybody know which color wire on the factory side to connect to? Or maybe something I am overlooking? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Old 01-13-2009, 01:16 AM
There is no factory external amp in the USDM 07-08 fit to the extent of my knowledge, and also if it were amped there would be no audio regardless of output level on the source unit. Unfortunately, it might be your D3... Post an update if you have more questions or if you've solved the problem.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Col. Mustard:
Thanks for the response. I figured it out! With my element, I was able to use the low level audio outs & sub for direct plug into factory harness. All it took was toning out the speakers to realize that there was no amp! I just hooked up the high-level speaker outs to the harness and it's all good. thanks for the response!
Greg

Old 01-27-2009, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Greg,

Sorry to revive this old thread but this is the unit I was considering in my 08' Fit. Do you have picture of how it looks? Also did you hook up the blue tooth? and how are you enjoying it so far?

~Robert

Old 01-28-2009, 12:16 AM
robert
I can send you a pic. It looks pretty good, but the bezel for the Scosche kit is a little off. The stereo works well, but did it w/o bluetooth unit. I had it in my Element, but bought a new CR-v w/ nav, so it went in the wife's Fit. It is a cool unit w/ a lot of features. I would definitely recommend it for your car. Just be sure that you wire up the high-level speaker leads from the pioneer, to the Harness for the Fit, or you will have no sound, hence the post. Let me know if you have any other questions and I will send you a photo as soon as I can
Greg

Old 01-28-2009, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gregtsmith
robert
I can send you a pic. It looks pretty good, but the bezel for the Scosche kit is a little off. The stereo works well, but did it w/o bluetooth unit. I had it in my Element, but bought a new CR-v w/ nav, so it went in the wife's Fit. It is a cool unit w/ a lot of features. I would definitely recommend it for your car. Just be sure that you wire up the high-level speaker leads from the pioneer, to the Harness for the Fit, or you will have no sound, hence the post. Let me know if you have any other questions and I will send you a photo as soon as I can
Greg
Cool if you can, send the pics to RLao@ag-world.com. Yeah this is the unit I have been looking for but I am still shopping for prices. I am curious and I am very new to the audio world. Do you happen to know how much is the bluetooth unit? Thanks for your help, I am sure I will have more questions and will ask some later.

~Robert

Old 02-28-2009, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
Bump for pictures